Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Coolwhite

Newly Enlightened
I really like the speed clip cool white. I have a few lights including non Elzetta with a speed clip. It reminds me of the surefire U2 clip.

Good stuff, so it's not just me then,
the speed clip just seems to work great with the alpha, there were many people that really didn't like it though, think if they carried with it for a while they would have seen the benefits of it's design.
Think many didn't like the look of it compared to most other clip designs so didn't give it a chance.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I’ve had warranty work done on an elzetta or two in the past. They included a fresh battery and sometimes extra batteries. My guess, it was an honest mistake or just a bad battery. To me, Elzetta has always been great to work with.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Good stuff, so it's not just me then,
the speed clip just seems to work great with the alpha, there were many people that really didn't like it though, think if they carried with it for a while they would have seen the benefits of it's design.
Think many didn't like the look of it compared to most other clip designs so didn't give it a chance.
Oh back in the day the 315 lumen alpha and speed clip were about as popular at cpf as a turd in the swimming pool.
The speed clip was made for the alpha, or that's how it was marketed. I bought one to try on the Bones and liked it, then another for a round head SureFire 6P, a Maglite XL50, a Pelican M6, another Bones, and Bravo.
Funny thing is I never could figure out how to get it to stay fastened on the Alpha.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Others said they could not get it to fasten to the Bravo but mine fastened easily if I recall correctly. I'm thinking I used spit as a lube, but it's been a few years.
Then I found out it fits some other lights too.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
I’ve had warranty work done on an elzetta or two in the past. They included a fresh battery and sometimes extra batteries. My guess, it was an honest mistake or just a bad battery. To me, Elzetta has always been great to work with.
Yeah...I am just nitpicking and the fact I had to pull my last CR123a to play with my Alpha after being gone for three weeks.

I had assumed they sent a new battery, and when it would only do low, I was like WTF, it's failing again.

Anyhow, happy that it was all sorted.

Coolwhite

Newly Enlightened
Here's a pic of my alpha with clip next to my vic pioneer.
20210717_094705.jpg

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Any issue with the High/Low switch? I've read the Switchback is wonky on some lights because the switch can't be screwed down all the way.

I use the Switchback with my Alpha hi/lo. No issues that I’ve seen. I carry it daily.

AstroTurf

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
anybody, anybody at all..

picked up one of these?

HC (High Candela) Head for All Bravo and Charlie Z-Line Flashlights

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
No but very curious about them as well. Should throw like a champ!
26,250 candela! Pretty damn good

Last edited:

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
Well, even after my gripping about my repair experience, I have to say, I really like the Alpha v3. Great tint, output etc. But what kicks *** is the near perfect EDC size and grip. No other light I own has such a natural feel in my hand. The only issue I have is I wish the low was around 15 lumens, but I can see where the chosen output is great for extended battery life.

AstroTurf

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Well, even after my gripping about my repair experience, I have to say, I really like the Alpha v3. Great tint, output etc. But what kicks *** is the near perfect EDC size and grip. No other light I own has such a natural feel in my hand. The only issue I have is I wish the low was around 15 lumens, but I can see where the chosen output is great for extended battery life.
gen 2 still available...

with a 15 lumen low.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I've been away for a while and Elzetta has been busy! Gen 3 Alpha, a high candela AVS head, a blue version of the Bones and a website with run time graphs.

Latest posts