Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
From what I remember the G2 is slightly yellower and the beam is not as clean. The G3 is an improvement in my opinion. Unfortunately I don’t have a G2 to post pics for you.

a1sealbeach

Enlightened
I traded Gen2 over Gen1 because of tint. Gen1 tint was rosy and creamy but Gen2 was greenish and harsh white. Also100 lumens difference wasn't noticeable at all. But Elzetta made big correction on Gen3 Alpha. It got the Gen1 tint back and also improvement on brightness is another welcome. I traded Gen1 over Gen3.

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I broke down and ordered the HC head. When I get it I’ll let everyone know what I think.
Looking forward to your report. I used to complain vociferously that they did not offer something like an HC optic. Never imagined that they would produce a reflector based flashlight. It is a welcome announcement.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Can’t wait to see how this is. I love my M91T this thing should have much better spill and throw much further.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I really think it will be the perfect edc for me. I love the Alpha but it doesn’t always have enough throw. I asked Elzetta, it will run on a 16650/18650 cell too. Of course you will need a bored body for the 18650.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I agree. For what it is it’s great. It’s just limited by the format of the light. It’s definitely a keeper and probably my favorite light right now. Considering it’s size, output and beam shape it’s hard to beat.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Absolutely. But as you say it’s limited to its size. That’s why I use an M91T as well at work. Perfect work light for me.

aznsx

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Thanks to all of the now several of you who have provided some subjective observations and opinions on the Gen3 Alpha. As flashlight people who bought the light for your personal use, and now have a bit of experience doing that in the real world, it's very high-value info in my book, and most helpful to those considering the light. Score another point for CPF.

nmiller

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
The Alpha gen 3 is great for 95% of what I do. The HC head should become my 91T. A great compliment when i need more reach. The thing I like better about the bravo is the two cell format. Being smaller than the 91T I will have no issues carrying it in a pocket if I want to. The 91T is a bit too long for me and I have enough stuff on my belt already.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I was thinking of trying that new head on a bravo body but I’d lose a ton of throw compared to my MD3/91T.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I'm looking forward to some real world feedback on how the Bravo HC performs on a 16650. The dark days of winter are approaching. I'm in the market for something with a nice punchy hot spot.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
It’s not as bright but should have more punch then the new bones And that’s pretty damn good in the throw department. Really looking forward to seeing this in 4500K. The new bones is nice but it’s the whitest led I have seen. Great for throw but not really eye pleasing.