Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first Elzetta arrived. Treated myself to a C133 for work. Build quality is great, but I was a little disappointed at the slightly off-centre emitter ruining the beam profile. I was also surprised at how low-CRI it is. I compared it against a Stinger HL and the Stinger had better colour rendition!

Switch/UI is lovely though. Form factor great for what I need too.
same, form factor and switch was what I was after too. the rest didnt matter so much.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI - Just did a click-by on the Z site to look at something and noted the Alpha Gen3 shows as in stock and shipping again. Just in case Santa couldn't get you one last month:)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
372A8BD6-7F14-472B-9D40-38454151BEE6.jpeg

Hope they re-release these someday.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ill take a Smedium
I’ll wear it on International Chest Day, which is every Monday of course.

fulee9999

Enlightened
does any other manufacturers head go with the bravo body?

I know that SureFire-Malkoff-Elzetta tailcaps are ( mostly ) compatible, but what about the heads? Would an MDX or VME head go on to the bravo body?

fulee9999

Enlightened
so now that they only sell the AVS and HC heads, the M60 compatibility is just completely gone? ):

fulee9999

Enlightened
I don’t think the Elzetta bodies are truly compatible with any other brands heads or tails.
the tails work all around, you can put the hi-lo tail from an Elzetta onto a Malkoff turnkey and you get a 3 level light, which is pretty funky

thermal guy

Flashaholic
the tails work all around, you can put the hi-lo tail from an Elzetta onto a Malkoff turnkey and you get a 3 level light, which is pretty funky
Well yes and no. The elzetta tail will screw onto a malkoff body but only a few turns. You have like a 1/4 inch gap. Not sure if it’s waterproof at that point.

fulee9999

Enlightened
oh yeah, you're absolutely right about the the tails, they're not brilliant, just have the same threading.
which also incidentally means that the 6px beltclips work on the elzetta as well :)

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Yeah it won’t be on their website they do not recommend rechargeable cells for life-threatening situations