Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
Try a new cell. See if it's any better.
I did, as I stated above.

It just surprises that Elzetta would ship it back with a depleted battery. I used it maybe 5 minutes before sending it in for warranty, and maybe another 5 when I got it back yesterday. Meaning they used it while testing the defective light.

Glad I had to spend $8 to ship a defective light for repair and they saved $1 by sending it back with a bunk battery.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
It just surprises that Elzetta would ship it back with a depleted battery. I used it maybe 5 minutes before sending it in for warranty, and maybe another 5 when I got it back yesterday. Meaning they used it while testing the defective light.

Glad I had to spend $8 to ship a defective light for repair and they saved $1 by sending it back with a bunk battery.

OK - maybe I'll have to deduct those 'extra points' I mentioned earlier, but at least it's repaired (hopefully).

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
OK - maybe I'll have to deduct those 'extra points' I mentioned earlier, but at least it's repaired (hopefully).

I am just nitpicking on the battery. I mean, I send it in because of a driver issue, get it back after 2+ weeks, and after using it for 5 minutes, it stops working on high. At first I thought it went bad again.

Anyhow, the new Alpha works flawlessly.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
A new car comes from the dealer with a new tank full of gas.
A car comes from the repair shop with some gas left in the tank.
I leased a new BMW 330i in July, and needed to bring it in for a software update and they filled my tank and detailed my car.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
A new car comes from the dealer with a new tank full of gas.
A car comes from the repair shop with some gas left in the tank.
True, and I still give them 'high marks' for their overall response - no question. A 'good' battery would have been good for 'extra points' though. I like to earn 'extra points' with my customers - I figure I may need them sometime! My policy is always: Under commit - over deliver.

Edit: .......but I've been in customer-facing roles for many years though, so I learned that through experience.

Last edited:

Coolwhite

Newly Enlightened
I bought the 315 lumen alpha a couple of years back, the battery that the light shipped with (if I recall was a battery junction brand?) also didn't last long at all, also thought my light was broken as prob had like max 20 minutes of runtime between high and low.
Put a new primary cell in and light has been great since, no issues whatsoever.
Really like the Alpha, it's a great light.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
I bought the 315 lumen alpha a couple of years back, the battery that the light shipped with (if I recall was a battery junction brand?) also didn't last long at all, also thought my light was broken as prob had like max 20 minutes of runtime between high and low.
Put a new primary cell in and light has been great since, no issues whatsoever.
Really like the Alpha, it's a great light.
Elzetta uses Battery Station CR123a, same as Malkoff. Made in the US in the same factory as Surefire, Streamlite etc. I have used these same batteries in my Malkoffs, Surefire and some others, and they run as long as my Surefire CR123s. It's not the battery I had an issue with, it's that they shipped back my Alpha with a nearly dead battery.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
A 'good' battery would have been good for 'extra points' though.
Shipping it back with a fresh battery, would be the baseline and should be expected. Shipping it back with a bunk battery, deducts points.

A customer should expect to be whole again and not less than whole, when warranty work is done.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Shipping it back with a fresh battery, would be the baseline and should be expected. Shipping it back with a bunk battery, deducts points.

A customer should expect to be whole again and not less than whole, when warranty work is done.
they may have only returned to you what you sent to them...

ie removed your battery, set it aside, and reinserted it for return shipment.

if i were them and monitored this thread, no flashlight would have a battery upon return to a customer.

they are a consumable item after all.

Coolwhite

Newly Enlightened
Did you ever try the 415 lumen version coolwhite?

It's has a much different looking out put. I liked the 315 a lot, but on low I much prefer the 415 beam.
Have not tried the 415, these are usually pretty expensive lights and wouldn't buy another for a brighter beam or tint.
Got other makes instead, glad I got an elzetta though, it's a keeper as they say.
Also I think I may be the only elzetta owner that likes the speedclip.

Coolwhite

Newly Enlightened
Elzetta uses Battery Station CR123a, same as Malkoff. Made in the US in the same factory as Surefire, Streamlite etc. I have used these same batteries in my Malkoffs, Surefire and some others, and they run as long as my Surefire CR123s. It's not the battery I had an issue with, it's that they shipped back my Alpha with a nearly dead battery.
Fair enough, maybe I just had an old or dud battery in mine when I bought the light.
Agree they should have stuck a new cell in for you as a courtesy given you had to ship a brand new light back.
Glad they resolved it for you, enjoy the light, they are great.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
Fair enough, maybe I just had an old or dud battery in mine when I bought the light.
Agree they should have stuck a new cell in for you as a courtesy given you had to ship a brand new light back.
Glad they resolved it for you, enjoy the light, they are great.
The Alpha v3 I got back works flawlessly. The other thing I noticed was the defective one was noticeable dimmer on high and the High/Low was not acting reliably. The replacement works exactly as advertised.

Hemicrusher

Newly Enlightened
if i were them and monitored this thread, no flashlight would have a battery upon return to a customer.

they are a consumable item after all.
They ship new with a fresh battery, why wouldn't they do that with a warranty replace/repair? I mean, I had to pay almost $9 to ship back a defective $155 light, and wait almost three weeks to get it back.

I know it's just a $2 battery, but it only had five minutes on it, if that, when I sent it in. They obviously used that battery to test and identify the problem. Not sending a new one, is just a cheap *** move.