Elzetta- The industry's best kept secret.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Not the greatest but usable. 50 lumens or so for first 1 1/2 hours then long taper for 10-12 hours. But it does work.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
It may already have been answered somewhere in this behemoth of a thread, but what's the usability of the gen2 alpha I just ordered on k2 lifepo4 cells like used as a rechargeable option for some surefires. I have them for my edcl1-t and they work fine albiet somewhat reduced runtimes. I'm figuring it will be the same case here, which I find perfectly acceptable if so.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
It may already have been answered somewhere in this behemoth of a thread, but what's the usability of the gen2 alpha I just ordered on k2 lifepo4 cells like used as a rechargeable option for some surefires. I have them for my edcl1-t and they work fine albiet somewhat reduced runtimes. I'm figuring it will be the same case here, which I find perfectly acceptable if so.

Will an Elzetta Tactical LED Flashlight run on rechargeable RCR123 batteries?

Alpha and Bravo Models may be operated on RCR123 batteries for non-critical applications, but Charlie Models should not use these batteries under any circumstances!

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Thanks. I was reading around and got the impression that 16340 (3.7 volt rcr123) support was added with the gen 3. The terms for that size rechargable are always confusing considering its offered in 2 different chemistry resulting in different volatages and Ive seen both called rcr123. I'm not planning on sticking a 3.7 volt 16340 in the gen2 just in case. But with that I'll try my 3.2 volt one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Post #1065 spoke of a Bravo/AVS running on a pair of K2's without issue so I would surmize that one would be ok in an Alpha.

16340 is a common term for RCR123 batteries but that also tends to speak of the 3.7 volt+ kind. But as you see in #4267 not always.

Attachments

• E6BB3092-316A-402A-AA7B-CD59DD61C4D2.jpeg
    E6BB3092-316A-402A-AA7B-CD59DD61C4D2.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 129

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Will an Elzetta Tactical LED Flashlight run on rechargeable RCR123 batteries?

Alpha and Bravo Models may be operated on RCR123 batteries for non-critical applications, but Charlie Models should not use these batteries under any circumstances!

But only the gen3 alpha right? Gen 2 can't use 16340's can it?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
really? I was under the impression that previous gen alph's could not take a 16340. Well this is good to know.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Post #1065 spoke of a Bravo/AVS running on a pair of K2's without issue so I would surmize that one would be ok in an Alpha.

16340 is a common term for RCR123 batteries but that also tends to speak of the 3.7 volt+ kind. But as you see in #4267 not always.
This looks like it refers to 2 in a bravo. So I would think that means 1 in an alpha should be gtg. Thanks

Last edited:

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
My 113 alpha gen2 arrives yesterday. Due to the joys of work schedules I didnt get to play with it too much but it seems to be exactly as expected. Chunky little guy that feels like I could throw it around without hurting it. Brightness levels, as expected, are a touch higher than edc1l-t on the low end and a bit dimmer on the high end, with a much nicer tint. So should work better for my purposes, just wish the edc1l-t had these levels and tint. Preliminary findings show the 3.2 volt k2 cell to work perfectly and I'll do my own laymans run time test tonight, and install the speedclip. Glad I jumped in before they are gone.

arKmm

Enlightened
My first Elzetta arrived. Treated myself to a C133 for work. Build quality is great, but I was a little disappointed at the slightly off-centre emitter ruining the beam profile. I was also surprised at how low-CRI it is. I compared it against a Stinger HL and the Stinger had better colour rendition!

Switch/UI is lovely though. Form factor great for what I need too.

Repsol600rr

Enlightened
Got a bit more than 25 minutes continuously running high with the k2 lifepo4 rcr123 before I noticed a drop with my mk2(glasses hehe) eyeball. Output drop is very rapid after that. Light gets warm but not hot. About what I was expecting and what I signed up for. Does anyone elses tailcap leave marks in the batteries? The spring seems pretty sharp.