Elzetta

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I have read quite a bit about this brand, but what makes it so special and why is it unheard of except here? I saw their lights are customizable and they run about 150.

SMar

Newly Enlightened
Elzetta isn't exactly "unknown" when it comes to the bulletproof, duty grade makers.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I saw the tail end of an ATF raid one day. Walked out of the building I was in and saw a perp being loaded into the back seat of a Dodge Ram in cuffs and a few fellows in tactical gear winding down and removing their armor.
They had Elzetta Bravos and Alphas.

Since we're on the subject of Elzettas, I'm a bit confused as to what the ZFL head does. The Elzetta website sells the Bravo body on its own and it looks like I can use a Malkoff drop in with it? Is the ZFL head needed to use a Malkoff with these newer Bravos and Charlies? What makes the ZFL heads desirable?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The zfl head allows you to run a malkoff Dropin on your elzetta And with it you got one of if not the toughest ligh you can ask for. They don't make them anymore and are getting hard to find. without that head or a variation Of it you cannot run a malkoff with your elzetta

The zfl head allows you to run a malkoff Dropin on your elzetta And with it you got one of if not the toughest ligh you can ask for. They don't make them anymore and are getting hard to find. without that head or a variation Of it you cannot run a malkoff with your elzetta

Thank you for the clarification. I just picked up a ZFL Charlie. Looking forward to pairing it with my Malkoffs. 😁

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
ZFL is fun because you can play with drop-in modules. malkoff needs more variations of drop-in modules.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
I saw the tail end of an ATF raid one day. Walked out of the building I was in and saw a perp being loaded into the back seat of a Dodge Ram in cuffs and a few fellows in tactical gear winding down and removing their armor.

Moral of the story, the 141 bucks is worth the investment.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
I have read quite a bit about this brand, but what makes it so special and why is it unheard of except here? I saw their lights are customizable and they run about 150.
It was interesting when I dropped my Elzetta off of a roof, actually twice (onto cement). What was interesting was my reaction, there was no worry whatsoever that it broke, there was only the thought of ugh I gotta walk down there and get it. If you want that level of durability get an Elzetta.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
What size Malkoff drop ins? The M60s? I never had or saw a drop in before (up close), but I found out the other day that I do have a ZFL head in a bag of spare part that I have, curious which Malkoff drop ins would fit. But this ZFL won't fit on an Alpha? Thanks

fulee9999

Enlightened

Elzetta has the same mindset as Malkoff ( no wonder they worked together ), durable, user-serviceable lights, that just work. It doesn't require you to play the Für Elise on the buttons to reach some mode, you twist the tail and you switched modes. That's it.
That being said, they literally hammered in nails with their lights to show how tough their lights are:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That sort of story will make some CPFers not want to buy their lights. Personally I love mine. (y)

muichimon

Newly Enlightened
At this time, CEO Dave Barnett was enthusiastically promoting elzetta's obsession. I think this was one of the attractions of this manufacturer.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
At this time, CEO Dave Barnett was enthusiastically promoting elzetta's obsession. I think this was one of the attractions of this manufacturer.
Excellent point! If the CEO isn't passionate regarding his products and company, no one else will be.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
Any M61,M91,or M31. Except for the hots or throw module. So no M61 hot or 91 T 😞
Thanks. I'm still trying to fully understand how all these things interconnect with each other, so let me ask you this, if I already have the Malkoff MDX22.3 - M91B Head, does the M91B part of it easily come in & out of it if I wanted to move the M91B part of it over to an Elzetta Charlie with the ZFL shell, or is it permanently fixed into the MDX22.3 for better durability? And would I instead have to order M91B all by itself…

This is what I already purchased…

Thanks.