Elzetta

fulee9999

Enlightened
Thanks. I'm still trying to fully understand how all these things interconnect with each other, so let me ask you this, if I already have the Malkoff MDX22.3 - M91B Head, does the M91B part of it easily come in & out of it if I wanted to move the M91B part of it over to an Elzetta Charlie with the ZFL shell, or is it permanently fixed into the MDX22.3 for better durability? And would I instead have to order M91B all by itself…

This is what I already purchased…

Thanks.

The drop-in comes out easily from the MDX head. The Elzetta ZFL head and the Malkoff MDX head serve the same purpose, to hold the drop-in onto the body of the light.

It is easy to remove it, and you just "drop it in", hence the name. Here, I made a video a few months back on how to change a drop-in in the MDX head, and how to install the Malkoff hi/lo ring, maybe this will clear up some things:

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
Perfect, thanks!! Man this is now a tough decision, I have a Charlie that I just received that I was certain to return (because I went with Malkoffs instead), but all the sudden I found out that I had a ZFL shell, and now to add to it I can easily swap M91B into it lol. It's almost forcing my hand to keep it and not return it.

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect, thanks!! Man this is now a tough decision, I have a Charlie that I just received that I was certain to return (because I went with Malkoffs instead), but all the sudden I found out that I had a ZFL shell, and now to add to it I can easily swap M91B into it lol. It's almost forcing my hand to keep it and not return it.
keep it man !

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights like Malkoff & Elzetta are very high quality and may last you a lifetime, but thats not what everyone might necessarily be looking for. Some people look for more features and like their gimmicky china lights. Like comparing a tricked out AR with a classic Mauser bolt action.
You can go & get yourself an AR like everyone else, or you get yourself a good gun.

WOAH-Ha-Hah. Kidding. Kinda.
Its OK we can like both here. Im just being silly.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
Lights like Malkoff & Elzetta are very high quality and may last you a lifetime, but thats not what everyone might necessarily be looking for. Some people look for more features and like their gimmicky china lights. Like comparing a tricked out AR with a classic Mauser bolt action.
You can go & get yourself an AR like everyone else, or you get yourself a good gun.

WOAH-Ha-Hah. Kidding. Kinda.
Its OK we can like both here. Im just being silly.
And you'll definitely get people who aren't interested in them because they just want raw power! In fact a lot of people get confused when they come from power hungry threads, and then see the prices and specs on these lights.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm greedy. I want it all.... and I'm willing to pay for it.
i hear ya bro...

IMG_0010.jpeg

fulee9999

Enlightened
They also disassembled their light underwater, reassembled it with water in the battery chamber, and it still worked…

to be perfectly fair, you can do this with any flashlight on the market. the only difference is that after it dried, will it turn on. potted electronics that Elzetta and Malkoff uses tend to withstand submersion and corrosion pretty well, only lights with exposed circuitry would be defeated by this. I think.

whoah, nice collection! the only missing one is either an AVS or HC head, right?

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
to be perfectly fair, you can do this with any flashlight on the market. the only difference is that after it dried, will it turn on. potted electronics that Elzetta and Malkoff uses tend to withstand submersion and corrosion pretty well, only lights with exposed circuitry would be defeated by this. I think.

whoah, nice collection! the only missing one is either an AVS or HC head, right?
second from right has an avs head...

haven't secured a hc head yet.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which drop-ins have you used in the ZFL head?
that would be the three just right of the left most alpha...

crenelated, slim, and regular right?

just had a look, and they are all loaded with optic drop ins, so i'll assume that they are stock elzetta drop ins.

you know that these drop ins will work with p60 surefire, and malkoff devices bodies too right?

Jim

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
i would add that whatever head that you may consider for the charlie body be compatible with a 2 aa battery setup.

a great idea for an end times light...

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
that would be the three just right of the left most alpha...

crenelated, slim, and regular right?

just had a look, and they are all loaded with optic drop ins, so i'll assume that they are stock elzetta drop ins.

you know that these drop ins will work with p60 surefire, and malkoff devices bodies too right?

Jim
Yeah I meant if they have used any drop-ins that aren't the default Elzetta head. Yes Malkoff specifically is what I was thinking about (I'm new to thinking about drop-ins). I never had a Surefire before, they look awesome though. Of course the one that entices me the most has to be the UDR Dominator lol

Last edited:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Surefire - it's getting harder to find P60-compatible Surefire flashlights anymore.

Most common are going to be 3rd party clones - Lumens Factory and 5Mega are well-known sources, both excellent quality.

As a note: if you use an M61xxx drop-in for your Elzetta, you'll also need a lens - available from Malkoff for maybe $2, not counting shipping.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
You guys sold me, I am definitely picking up an elzetta product. Granted I am going to upgrade my E2E with a malkoff bezel.
If nuclear armageddon takes place with all of this craziness, the only things that will survive are cockroaches, Malkoffs, and Elzettas.

Last edited: