Emergency bag, for storms, fire, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now with these storms coming up the east coast, what do you guys do to keep ready?

Myself, I keep plenty of spare batteries, use one of those lower quality led lights that lasts 50 hours or more at regular brightness than fade off. A bright light. Cell phone and extra battery. A cheap medical kit from the medical section of a store. Some protein bars like Zone Bars. ramen noodles, some candy, 60 bucks and a credit card. pocket radio. I through my keys in there if a storm is in the area.

I also keep on hand containers to put water in incase we loose water, fill the bathtub, do not open the freezer or fridge when power fails. I put extra bottles of water in both sections. And a tv radio, extra batteries for it. I keep both wheelchairs charged up and have a 12 volt fan from the auto section of a store. May want to get a jump starter pack to power one.

FOr the winter season I keep those chemical warmers on hand, fuel for my jon-e heater, food, extra clothing to layer up if power fails.

CroMAGnet

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a good list of things. I have most of those things and a really kewl World Shortwave Radio Ebay Link and a Power Inverter to change the DC power in my car to AC. I got it at Radio Shack for about $35

Status
Not open for further replies.