• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D18vn - Best SubCompact Popcan R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Would be nice if D18vn W2 is like $150 so more people can have one. Such an amazing light.

Would be nice if D18vn W2 is like $150 so more people can have one. Such an amazing light.

I'd totally have bought one for $175 by now haha. I just don't think I can ever go $200+ for any flashlight, ever... at least not until my salary doubles... which is not happening in the foreseeable future. I might do $250 for a fully loaded CFT-90 in a 4x cell host, but the judgement by family and friends would be unbearable LOL.

Gotta say though, the W1 D18vn is without doubt the most enticing multicell light I've ever had a desire for.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I just watched this video for the third time since you posted it. Not every light deserves this kind of video but it would be great to see this type of upload in the future, when you come across one that impresses you.
Awww yeah If only I had more time I would make way more videos. My videos has little views but I enjoy doing them.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
D18vn and the X80GTvn are both my favorite flooders. X80GTvn is amazing but lacks the 140Kcd throw of the D18vn W2. While I am a fan of cool white I have recently learn to appreciate warmer tint. Just found out about White2 in 5400K! Had to order some and try it in the D18vn. Can't wait!

Patriot

Flashaholic
D18vn and the X80GTvn are both my favorite flooders. X80GTvn is amazing but lacks the 140Kcd throw of the D18vn W2. While I am a fan of cool white I have recently learn to appreciate warmer tint. Just found out about White2 in 5400K! Had to order some and try it in the D18vn. Can't wait!

Yes and they're different enough as to not overlap too much. The X80GTvn is really just a XHP50.2 mega mule, while the D18 is its throwy little sister, haha.

I've got my fingers crossed for W2 5400K. Hopefully it doesn't give up a lot of lumens.

edit

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks for a great light Vinh!

fksXMzT.jpg

JO5bwsC.jpg

1gkUL2C.jpg

1lpNnTh.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
haha... yes!! Vinh definitely makes the best stuff! Good, I'll know who to sell them to should I ever part with any! :laughing:

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I missed this thread. D18vn and X80GTvn are still my top 2 favorite popcan. I never did made up my mind which I like more but may be a tiny tiny bit sway towards D18vn cuz of the throw.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I guess that I have 6 or 7 pop cans now but these two are in a whole different league. I was just using both of these lights at my dad's house and to him, the X80GTvn blew his mind the most. When we shinned it in the backyard, he was amazed that everything within his field of view could light up with the intensity that it did. It lit up about 3-4 acres of desert and neighboring houses and you don't really point these mega mules because they just kinda follow the lead of your torso.

I shinned the D18vn at an unoccupied house about 150 yards away and that's were it really flexes its muscle. I have a preference for the D18vn because in a practical sense, it will accomplish just about everything the X80GTvn does but even more. Also, I much prefer the UI to Acebeam's UI. The low is lower more useful and it's a better walking/hiking light. If I'm riding my bike at night and exploring or spotting animals, it's easy to carry holstered, on my belt. If the X80GTvn had Anduril, it would be harder for me to pick a favorite. To my mind, a lot of the credit for this particular D18vn's performance, goes to the W2. That LED is unbelievable. I just took it out again an lit up a powerline tower that's about 250 yards away. Just crazy!

So the Mateminco MT18vn with XPL HI can't really compete? I was thinking it was in a similar class as those two as far as practicality and power to size/class performance.

Yall making me want to buy a new popcan light now haha. Tbh I was thinking W1 was more impressive though.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yall making me want to buy a new popcan light now haha. Tbh I was thinking W1 was more impressive though.

It's a big lumen loss to the W1 but Vinh's beamshots are great so you see which one speaks to you most. If Vinh has enough remaining W1's, it seems like perfect combo is 12xW2 and 6xW1. You don't lose many lumens to all W2 and you hardly lose any throw to all W1.

With regards to the two lights, I think a wrapped my brain around a summery. If I were exploring caves, canyons buildings and warehouses, I'd take the X80. For more open areas like parks, desert trails and mountains, I'd take the D18.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I know everyone fancy the AUX LEDs but construction and quality wise I think the D18 is better than the rest of the other Popcans. Its on the league of the X80GT and in some ways even better quality.