• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D1vn - Smallest 18350/18650 Thrower R

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
This ramping UI is actually really nice. Can't decide between this, driverVNX2, and the Concept1 UI.

hhmoore

Newly Enlightened
Really going to be nice having a light that can throw a good bit of light on down the path a ways. I think this is going to be a solid upgrade from the Fenix PD35
I've grown quite fond of the D1vn... impressive throw for the size, with a decent spot & usable (but not overpowering) spill. Coming off the PD35, I think you'll be quite happy with it.

jfhrtn

Newly Enlightened
I've grown quite fond of the D1vn... impressive throw for the size, with a decent spot & usable (but not overpowering) spill. Coming off the PD35, I think you'll be quite happy with it.
I appreciate the info. Really looking forward to getting it in hand and putting it through it's paces. The one thing I have always wished the PD35 had was a tighter hot spot cause it night looking at a distance I am looking through such a wide beam at the target it makes the target harder to see as my eyes are adjusting to the beam. Maybe on the D1vn I won't have to run it at 100% all the time. Would be nice to run it like 85-90% and have a good bit of usable light to work with.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
This ramping UI is actually really nice. Can't decide between this, driverVNX2, and the Concept1 UI.

There is a following for the 1vn UI. I think it's good but not as good as the other 2 but that does not stop people from requesting 1vn UI on other lights which I can't do. :p

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the info. Really looking forward to getting it in hand and putting it through it's paces. The one thing I have always wished the PD35 had was a tighter hot spot cause it night looking at a distance I am looking through such a wide beam at the target it makes the target harder to see as my eyes are adjusting to the beam. Maybe on the D1vn I won't have to run it at 100% all the time. Would be nice to run it like 85-90% and have a good bit of usable light to work with.

Most of the time I am out with any of mu lights. Even single xpg2 lights making 800 lumen tops I only really needed 500 lumen or less for continous use. For Most task more than 500 lumen upclose is just too much for real work. Just my uses of course.

jfhrtn

Newly Enlightened
Most of the time I am out with any of mu lights. Even single xpg2 lights making 800 lumen tops I only really needed 500 lumen or less for continous use. For Most task more than 500 lumen upclose is just too much for real work. Just my uses of course.
I totally agree up close within about 10yds of the light I am using the high mode on the PD35 which they say is 460 lumens. Usually that is putting the light on the log pile while splitting wood or working on my truck at night.

When I am working right in front of the light in the pitch black either high (460L) or sometimes even medium which is (180L).

Only time I like to reach out with the beam is walking the dog at night, scanning fields for coyotes, and while I'm on the boat or kayak after sunset trying to see what is coming my way up the river. Sometimes I just get the itch to see how far I can get the beam out there too though haha.

It's going to be nice to finally enter the world of custom torches. I know it isnt going to be my last. Next up on my list is either a custom AA or AAA.

hhmoore

Newly Enlightened
Most of my use with this light has been grabbing it when I head out for late night walks, or slipping it in a jacket pocket. I've put it on my front pants pocket 3 times now... and twice it has switched on in my pocket. Luckily, it heats up fast enough that I realize it quickly; but the other side of that is by the time I realize it's on, it's pretty darn hot. I don't remember if there was a clip in the box... hopefully there is, and it's a simple solution to that problem.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
They dont come with clips unless ordered afaik hhmoore, another simple solution and what i do, is simply undo the tail cap a few mm to lock out. Then simply nip up and good to go. There is an elec lock out if you dont want to undo cap a few mm, 6 clicks locks out, 6 clicks locks in.

hhmoore

Newly Enlightened
They dont come with clips unless ordered afaik hhmoore, another simple solution and what i do, is simply undo the tail cap a few mm to lock out. Then simply nip up and good to go. There is an elec lock out if you dont want to undo cap a few mm, 6 clicks locks out, 6 clicks locks in.
Thanks. I prefer not to add steps that get in the way of light when I want it...if I can't come up with something, I just won't grab this light for (pants) pocket carry. (I may have a clip that will fit it, to at least see if that does the trick)

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast

Go with the ramping user interface. Hold it down for the moon light mode.. it have last mode memory too.. double to get to the turbo.. then another double click tomgo back to the last mode... very easy.. get a d1vn over concept 1.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got mine yesterday SST 40. Dang, that thing is bright. I read over 1000 lumen in my sphere. Like a light saber. Wow. And love the interface. Some crude shots taken while out walking in the dark this morning. Using an iPhone 7 plus, so take that into account on the photos! Purposely didn't aim at anything in particular - the spill is lighting the way and the spot looks like a light saber 'reaching out there...'

Thanks, Vinh!

jfhrtn

Newly Enlightened
Got mine back on 11/17 and have been taking it out every chance I get to get use to everything. Thank you Vinh for the work of art you sent my way. All the settings are finally becoming second nature but I got a couple questions.

Is the thermal regulation in Celsius? The light is reading the current setting at 35. What does everyone have theirs set at?

Also anyone grab a holster for theirs?

Agpp

Enlightened
No idea about D1vn, but in the stock light the temperature sensor is not calibrated. This means that every increment is a single Celsius degree. But the value may be off by up to c.a. a dozen degrees.
Every light has the offset different, so you can use it only as some abstract unit.

jfhrtn

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate the info @Agpp. I will keep searching around to see what I can find on the thermal aspects of the D1vn also. I'll post up anything I find. Let me know if anyone finds a good holster

ven

Flashaholic
I dont have it set to max jfhrtn, simply because the 70(degrees setting, but as said its not that accurate)will run longer yes at start, but step downs are more aggressive. So instead of squeezing more seconds out, i compromise with anywhere between 55-60(mine is actually 57). This i find a happy medium, its not over critical tbh............. 10 clicks and hold, after the little buzz/strobe, just hold down till light gets to a point where you think its getting hot. That way, if you do this in a condition your likely to use(no point in doing it in a 25oC room, when you are walking the dog in 3oC for example). So maybe outdoors, and set it then. You will probably find even getting it quite toasty, the setting will be around 50-55oC.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Received my D1vn with SST40 today. My first example with that emitter. Definitely a pocket THROWER! Thanks Vinh!

+1

My walking lights are officially the SL2 and the D1vn. The beam on this sucker is so clean! No rings, nice focused hotspot, a true pocket rocket! The sst40 HD is my choice as the sst40 dedome really doesn't make a difference to me.

Kinda hoping they make a ti version of this too!

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I was always curious of he would be able to do a d1vn with an Oslon black inside. It would truly be a pocket thrower then!