Emisar D4

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Noctigon Meteor D4

I am running either sony vtc5/vtc6 and samsung 30q .

Same here. I am running vtc6, 30q, and ncr18650ga. I'm not finding a heck of a lot of difference between the 3.

Any of the above batteries would do just fine Haroldutsen.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Yes same here, tbh probably the GA would be better suited to keep a little more under control....................who knows, might get 20s run before step down instead of 15s :laughing:

Been messing with the thermal timer, set it myself then tried the max(10+ clicks and hold, after 1st count and when flickers , release switch for max setting). Damn it gets even crazy hotter, especially after step down and double clicked for turbo....................OOOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!!! The body almost got too hot to hold!!! Certainly have to be careful with this beast. The rubber switch was actually hot, as it steps down to maybe 500 ish, the heat takes a while to come under control.

This makes the m43vn seem sensible, the x65vn now takes forever to get hot :laughing: (2 mins)

Haroldlutsen

Newly Enlightened

Thanks all for your suggestions much appreciated I'm gonna get me a few of them to try out

andreas0401

Newly Enlightened

6enqy3.gif

comp_01emisard4nichiabms1e.jpg

comp_02emisarxp-lhiv2q8sa5.jpg

comp_03olightr50pro32w0sxy.jpg

comp_04eagtactx30xhp3qos1v.jpg

comp_05zebralightsc63bbssk.jpg

animated
1animiertevsbe.gif

2indooranimiert6asbt.gif

Andreas

KG_Tuning

Enlightened

My 219C has arrived! Think I prefer the XP-L Hi at a push. I Can hold it longer, better throw without losing the flood effect and brighter!

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter

Nice vid:) The olight would be my night time use for tired eyes i think, just easier on the eye with the more (slightly) warmer CT. I presume your 219c is set at the shipped thermal temp 45oC, mine is crazy hot at 30s!!!! But i have altered the temp, still not at the max 70oC. Left my IR temp gun in work, so will check temps next week and see what i get.

mjgsxr

Enlightened
Did a quick amp draw check on my D4 Nichia with a VTC5 cell. I got 24 amps with a fluke amp clamp.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought this clip from Solarforce and a washer from Oveready. Had to dremel out the inside of the opening of the clip to fit over the tailcap threads. I also clipped and spread the washer to fit snuggly in the cap.

After taking the pic I noticed how sharp the ends of the washer looked and smoothed them out with the dremel.

This is the modded 4000K 219c hcri version.

KG_Tuning

Enlightened
Got 3 buying no more! Got to say the XP-L 6500k is my fave, brightest, coolest operating and throwiest!

Strangely all 3 lights have nearly same turn on lumens with an 18650 battery and the exact same with an 18350 battery. (on a cool night I can just about hit 5,000 lumens with a Sony VTC5A, obviously dropping towards 3,500 after just seconds) The only difference is that the lumens drop far quicker on the hotter operating D4's.

Keitho

Enlightened
So I've seen in a few places people say "the D4 has PWM" in the same way one would say "the D4 has a venerial disease." I understand the potential impact if someone has a job inspecting ceiling fans or spinning jet engine blades, and I understand the impact to certain still photography and videography situations, and I know there will be fanboys of other devices. But I was wondering if anyone has actually detected the PWM as implemented on the D4 in a real world situation?

I'm not particularly sensitive to PWM myself, and my ears are certainly too old to detect faint 16 kHz whines, so I'm really asking a genuine question. Even at 1.4 lumens, I can't see it, but I'm curious to know what others see.

maukka

Enlightened
The PWM on the D4 is not detectable by eye. Might be visible on video when shooting with very high shutter speeds.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very sensitive to PWM and hate the strobe effect when moving a PWM light but the D4 is not at all a problem. If you really want, you cant see it but in real life usage, it's really not detectable.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I've seen in a few places people say "the D4 has PWM" in the same way one would say "the D4 has a venerial disease." I understand the potential impact if someone has a job inspecting ceiling fans or spinning jet engine blades, and I understand the impact to certain still photography and videography situations, and I know there will be fanboys of other devices. But I was wondering if anyone has actually detected the PWM as implemented on the D4 in a real world situation?

I'm not particularly sensitive to PWM myself, and my ears are certainly too old to detect faint 16 kHz whines, so I'm really asking a genuine question. Even at 1.4 lumens, I can't see it, but I'm curious to know what others see.
It's regulated to about 160 lumens, then it's PWM. I'd love it f it were regulated to about 500-600 lumens.

Agpp

Enlightened
It's regulated to about 160 lumens, then it's PWM. I'd love it f it were regulated to about 500-600 lumens.

No, it's PWM in all modes except for 350 mA (this is what you get when you remove power and start it) and turbo. It is regulated to about 160 lumens, but PWM is there.