• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Emisar D4vn - Smallest 18650 Quad Thrower

mightysparrow

Enlightened
Vinh: I received my D4vn Nichia 219 (5000K) today - great light! The tint appears to be a bit warmer than the stock XP-L 3A (5000K) version I bought. I think your modifications have no doubt given the Nichia version of the light a little extra "zip" where it counts. I will enjoy using this light very much, and I will appreciate your talents anew every time I turn it on. Thanks very much!

Jeff

hhmoore

Newly Enlightened
I was so close to getting this light that I could practically feel it. I ordered it as a birthday present 2.5 months ago, and supply issues got in the way. I was pretending that I'd forgotten about it until I got the ship notice. I waited...then, when the tracking showed it was at the regional hub, I charged the batteries (waiting on another light, too, and guessing that they were both inbound).
That's when things got weird. The package didn't arrive. The tracking died - it never made it to the local station. Instead, I've seen at least 5 different entries stating that it departed the regional distribution center (20 minutes away, tops). Hopefully, it will be here tomorrow.

*edited to add*
False alarm - it took a couple of days; but the postal service finally got it together... unfortunately, the D4vn was not in the box; so the wait continues.

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
It feel like my d4vn quad xpg2 dedome look brighter... don't know why..
Brighter than the quad xpls?
its because of the more intense hot spot from the xpg2. Our eyes tend to focus on the hot spot so it appears to look brighter.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
quick update.. emisar d4vn xpg2 dedome... 3080 lumen @ turn on... 2350 lumen @ 20 seconds...

regarding xpl hi vs xpg2, xpg2 doesnt drop alot of lumen quickly like xpl hi..

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in the XPG2 PDT due to the added throw but I have a question. Is it available in a 4000k or warmer? Also, is the copper/titanium version still available and does anyone have a picture of it? Thanks.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the input Mad777. I think I'll get an XPG2 PDT as well as another in a 4000k flavor. I don't see the throw and lux numbers for the SST20 listed anywhere. How does it compare to the 4000k XPL HI? Which would y'all go with and why? I really think the XPG2 PDT would be perfect for me if it were available in a 3000-4000k as I really prefer very warm lights except for dedicated throwers.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right, I have a couple of de-domed VN lights and they are definitely warmer (yellower) than stock. So I'm guessing the PDT is de-domed straight from CREE. Neat.