Emitter upgrade options in a Streamlight Stinger DS LED HP?

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, NVM. Looks like I won't be uploading any more images of this project. Attachments are only for paid subscriptions now. When did that change? I was able to upload pics to this thread before.

just host them in a dropbox, imageshack, photobucket, or a personal web space, etc. that's what 99% of our users who post pics seem to do

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap... I totally screwed up. I'll go ahead and file this under noob idiocies. First off, kudos to vestureofblood for the fast shipping. ETA was Dec 9th. Well, it just came in the mail. Looks like I ordered the wrong size. I guess I don't know how to measure these things lol. I now have a spare 10MM emitter. Should have ordered 20MM I guess. It also seems I have forgotten how to attach pictures..

Yeah, the 10mm ones are for little EDC type lights that only use a single AA and similar. You will probably need either a 16mm or 20mm for this application.

Greenbean

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, don't worry about the Dual Switch, both positive and negative connections are made at the head end of the cell near the switch. I have a newer Stinger HL with the Cree XM-L2 in it w/out the dual switch but I really wanted the switch so a guy from class let my try his dual switch in mine and they function all the same. Then I found the such on eBay for like 15 bucks,

Anyways I want to send my Stinger to someone to just change out the real whitish XM-L2 for a note natural color for me. Anyone know who I can send pictures to and get this done?

Did you have someone help guide you through this?

I think this is a 20mm star XM-L2?

Last edited:

Latest posts