Ene/Dura-loop roll call - how many?

Jasonthephoneboy

Newly Enlightened
I am new to high powered flashlights. But with my flashlights I have owned in the past I had the problem of charging my rechargeables then going to get them in the end of the week and they were dead. Now with LSD batteries, I can always have fresh batteries.

I now own:
8 : durabrids; Duravacs
4 : Rayovac "platnum" (Actually says LSD on the battery)
4 : Eneloops

Burgess

Flashaholic
The 8 pack tones are all different colors and are pink, orange, yellow, purple, light green, dark green, light blue and dark blue.
The costco tones have 4 dark blue and 4 light blue AA's and 2 dark green and 2 light green AAA's.

Are the Light Blue and Dark Blue TONES

identical to the Light Blue and Dark Blue COSTCO cells ?

This is what i am wondering . . . .

:thanks:
_

fishinfool

Enlightened
Are the Light Blue and Dark Blue TONES

identical to the Light Blue and Dark Blue COSTCO cells ?

This is what i am wondering . . . .

:thanks:
_

Yes they are and the light and dark green AAA costco tones are the same green color as the regular AA tones.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good lord how many clocks do you have.

I HAD around 100 wall clocks but now I think I may be down to only 70-80 although I have one that has NICE clocks in it which I DO count as nice clocks.

My computer was recently rebuilt and I don't have all the software in it like to upload stuff to my sites but if anyone wants to see a few pics, let me know :)

Check out posts #273 to 279 on this page and note, the link does NOT work. I took my site down some time ago https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/168348&highlight=clocks&page=6

Last edited:

AFARR

Newly Enlightened
I may have a problem...

I bought some Duraloops (shortly after I joined here) once I learned about them.

Just before I bought them, I had purchased a Sanyo Eneloop charger (and 4 Eneloops) on clearance at Walmart cheap.

Now I have 32 AA Duraloops....and I just got 12 more in the mail.

AFARR

Dammitalll....

I think I'm addicted.

Got 60 Duraloops, 4 Eneloop (mostly missing...probably in the kids rooms) ..AAs,

18 Duraloop AAAs.

I pulled out a bunch of batteries for use in a headlamp, and a Fantasea dive lamp (only gives 20+ hours before drop off with duraloops) used as a kayak safety light (on a pole)...and as soon as I pulled them out of the secret stash (so the kids won't get them!), I bought more!.

AFARR

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 32 of the MAHA Imedions:
4 for my son's kidzoom digicam
4 for my daughters kidzoom digicam
8 for my son's leapster (4 in and 4 spare)
8 for 4 wiimotes
8 spare

60 Eneloops:
8 for canon S3IS (4 and 4 spare)
4 for Garmin Etrex legend HCx (2 and two spare)
8 for the two packs in my pro 97 scanner
16 for the two battery packs for my handheld CB
4 for the canon SX110IS
4 HP Capshare
8 AAA HP48SX and Arc AAA
8 more spare

For each device I try to buy two sets for so I have a good supply of spares.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dammitalll....

I think I'm addicted.

Got 60 Duraloops, 4 Eneloop (mostly missing...probably in the kids rooms) ..AAs,

18 Duraloop AAAs./QUOTE]

Man, I don't even wanna hear it...I've got over 100 eneloops and prolly close to 200 rechargeables total...addicted? :devil:

Tuikku

Enlightened
8 AA Eneloops
8 AAA Eneloops

All have been insinde 50mAh in break-in.
All have been delivered in very similar starting voltages.

I´m very pleased with these, my nimh worries are wiped away!

HighLight

Enlightened
No argument there.

Now hold on there, that's quite a leap of logic. While I would tend to agree with you (and everyone else), I have yet to see one shred of proof to back this up. Actually I haven't even read any "friend of a friend who works for Duracell told me..." accounts to date.

I'll agree that they behave exactly the same. For some folks, that's good enough for them right there. (A difference which makes no difference is no difference?) But I don't see why that must mean that they are made exactly the same, by the same people. Even coming from the same factory doesn't mean they are made from the same stuff. And what about corporate espionage?

All I'm saying is I'd like to see some data. I realize most people don't care -- as long as it works exactly the same. But always remember...

"I can't believe it's not polish sausage!"

Actually it's not a very big leap of logic at all. They both look the same and perform the same and both are made in Japan. DuraCell doesn't have a factory in Japan so the only other manufacturer capable of producing NiMh that can perform to the same specifications as Eneloop and Duraloop is Sanyo... afaik. Can anyone name another manufacturer located in Japan capable of producing cells to this quality specification?? Thought so. So while I don't have the CEO of Sanyo or a signed affidavit from a Sanyo employee stating they are made by Sanyo I am comfortable going by the above logic to say they are both the same cell manufactured by the same manufacturer. Of course you are all free to come to your own conclusions.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Got 4 Eneloops (AA) when they first came out. They're still fine, but don't see constant use. I've got many other regular NiMH's that need to fizzle before I get more 'loops.

Geoff

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
8 AA duraloops
8 AAA duraloops

Got some black top LSD duracells with my charger...probably china cells. They seem to work fine so far.

--flatline