Energizer 15 Minute Charger - $23 at Walgreen's

DigMe

Enlightened
I think this is a pretty good price so I just thought I'd let anyone who's interested know that the Energizer 15 min. charger with 4 cells included is on sale this week at Walgreen's for 25% off the normal $29.99 price tag.

It's this one with the wall wart plug:

15505.jpg

brad cook

rodmeister

Enlightened
Darn, I just ordered one at $29.99 from Amazon.com hours ago. I own a rayovac 15 minute charger but I hate the loud whiny fan noise, and I can't charge my stash of Nimhs, only special rayovacs.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Really! I wonder if the batteries included are 2500mAhs? Anyways, that IS a good price seeing that Walgreens really are not that inexpensive. At least the one down my street.

the_beast

Newly Enlightened
If this is the same (and it looks the same) as the one I got from WalMart for about $25, the batteries with it are 2200mAh. Not quite as nice as the 2500s, but not bad. Have a look through all the chargers - the one I bought had a $2 off coupon stuck to the front. If you can get the $2 off this to make it $20.50+tax it'd be an even better deal.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Hey, now that's some smart shopping! I wonder if the $5.00 dollar voucher + $2.00 coupon would be accepted? Hmmm. . .

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
My local Walgreen's had it tagged 25% off but it rang up at $29.95, so the cashier called the manager. She checked their main computer, reset something and I got 25% off plus a instant $2.00 off too! It was the only one of three on the rack with a $2.00 off coupon.

I really don't need another charger or more AA cells, I just got it to "try" to see how it works!

DigMe

Enlightened
I look again tonight when I go to pick up my prescription and see if it's the 2200 or 2500 setup.

brad cook

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
DigMe said:
I look again tonight when I go to pick up my prescription and see if it's the 2200 or 2500 setup.

brad cook
Brad:

Mine came with 2200mAh cells!

DigMe

Enlightened
Yeah, they're 2200mah. Maybe they're clearing them out to make way for the 2500s.

brad cook

onthebeam

Enlightened
When I bought mine a few months ago, I looked high and low at every discount store to find one with 2500s. None were to be found despite some CPF members in Cal. who said they'd found them. I called the Bunny People and they said the 2500s would take 20 minutes to charge. They offered me a $5 coupon by mail and I took it, since I had to spend some more $$ on 2500s. I'm guessing it's a marketing thing that they want to say 15 mintute charging, so they include the 2200s.

By the way, Lowes has 8 2500s for around $13. Also, Sam's has a phenomenal deal on a package of some AAs and some AAAs for around $16 or so. I think you get 10 total batteries if memory serves. .

JackJ

Newly Enlightened
I found the same charger packaged with 4 2500 AAs, 2 AAA's (850s or 900s, don't remember) plus a car charger (in addition to the wall wart) for $39 at Target. I used one of the $2 instant coupons peeled off the cheaper model--wasn't sure if that would work, but it did.

This may or may not be a better deal, depending on your needs. I really wanted the car charger, and definitely want the higher capacity, so I felt okay spending the extra.

the_beast

Newly Enlightened
I thought about the higher capacity bundle also, but I worked out I could buy a pack of the 2500s for $10 and still have $5 left to get a car charger, plus I'd have the extra set of 4 2200s as well.

Thecar charger sounds impressive, but as the battery charger itself takes 11-15v input all the car charger is is a wire with a cigarette lighter plug on one end and a dc plug on the other (with possibly a fuse, but not usually). I don't know about here in the states, but back home in the UK you can get this kind of adapter for a pound or two ($2-3) if you know where to look.

edit: By the way, why was it Energizer sent you the coupon? I might have to try it as I'm very upset with my 15 minute charge of my 2200mah cells and think I could do with $5 to make me happier :naughty:

Last edited:

onthebeam

Enlightened
the_beast said:
By the way, why was it Energizer sent you the coupon? I might have to try it as I'm very upset with my 15 minute charge of my 2200mah cells and think I could do with $5 to make me happier :naughty:
Yes, readily offered by their customer service dept. when I griped about having to spend another $10 on four more AAs.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
my local walgreens flyer has all energizer rechargeables 25% off, and they also have 2 for 1 sale on regular walgreens batteries which in my book perform as well as the name brands but when on sale are often a really good deal.