Energizer LED Table Lamps and their Other Fixtures.

ericjohn

Enlightened
So, if ever my wife and I decide to build a house, I would like ALL of the lighting to be LED. Yes, I never thought I would say that, but here I am. I see some neat table lamps on Energizer's website that seem to be bright enough and energy efficient. I remember looking on there a few years back and saw some battery powered permanent wall fixtures, but unfortunately, they were discontinued. I wish they could have some LED celing fixtures that run off the grid current. Anybody have any experience with these? I really like the table lamps and I am trying to convince my wife to buy the flameless candles instead of those incandescent incence burners and "real" candles. I am EXTREMELY paranoid about fire and I hate those damn things with a passion. I am, however, VERY interested in those LED house lights. SO, if anyone has any knowledge of them let me know.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are not set against Edison sockets, prices are falling on LED bulbs that fit in common household lamps.

If you are interested, check out some of the threads already started on LED bulbs by Osram/Sylvania, Philips, Samsung, Feit, etc...

ericjohn

Enlightened
If you are not set against Edison sockets, prices are falling on LED bulbs that fit in common household lamps.

If you are interested, check out some of the threads already started on LED bulbs by Osram/Sylvania, Philips, Samsung, Feit, etc...

I have some Edison based CCFL bulbs in my ceiling fan fixture. I would like to use those but only if they was to retrofit a fixture that has sentimental value. I would prefer the new LED based table/desk lamps and ceiling fixtures because of their brightness, low maintenance and energy eficiency. My wife and I are designing a house that we will maybe build one day. I like the 1940s-1960's structural and interior design. However, I want post modern appliances and electronics. I will check out those brands you mentioned. I think I have my behind full of Samsung, though because I had the original Samsung Rugby and the candybar version of the Rugby. These are supposed to be Mil-Spec. Well; the flip model cracked and the battery door to my candybar phone wore out. Unfortunately, I still use a Samsung phone (SGH-A157.) Believe it or not, it has been the best Samsung I owned. I will definitely check out Philips, because IMO they have created the BEST PR bulbs. Sylvania is supposedly a decent brand; my car lights are made by them. Never heard of Feit, but I am curious.

Thank you for the insight. I have seen some nice LED fixtures and I have my eyes dead set on those Enegizer desk and table lamps.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I'm using LEDARE led bulbs in our bedroom lamps purchased at Ikea, they have a really Nice warm tint.

Just checked there doesn't seem to be a direct equivalent in the US catalogue, but there should be something to suit your existing lamps.

incence burners.
The plug in electric ceramic oil burners work well and are far safer than candles

Norm

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to focus on two brands to make things simpler, my top two picks would be Samsung (personal experience) and Philips (too many positive reviews, here on CPF and elsewhere, to count).

ericjohn

Enlightened
The plug in electric ceramic oil burners work well and are far safer than candles

Norm

I guess the ceramic would be all right, but my wife buys those damn burners that use the 40 Watt Chandelier bulbs. My dad always told me that if anything combustible touches a light bulb for any given time that it can cause a fire. I think the same would be true with an incandescent flashlight (I have seen some of the Pelican lights packaged with a written warning of this occurence.)

ericjohn

Enlightened
If you want to focus on two brands to make things simpler, my top two picks would be Samsung (personal experience) and Philips (too many positive reviews, here on CPF and elsewhere, to count).

I know for sure that Philips is a good brand. I would also like to think that Samsung is also a good brand and it's just me who has had bad luck with two of their previously used cell phones. My A157 was bought brand new (on clearance) and I have been using it on and off for almost a year. The only thing about it that annoys me is that it does not always shift when I am texting and want to use an upper case character. Even though the phone indicates that it is in shift mode, it still types a lower-case letter. That's a whole other story for a whole other thread. Sorry I don't want to get off-topic.