• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

ETA Requests - Oveready / TorchLAB

Innosint

Newly Enlightened
hello,
just curious, are you planning to add the newest feature of the Lux-Rc drivers. (motion sensor) into any of the up coming boss line up?

thanks.

Jimmyboots

Enlightened
Hope you guys are doing well these days, wondering if boss wrenches will be back in stock soon. Looking to order a bezel but would need a wrench set to switch it out.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
hello,
just curious, are you planning to add the newest feature of the Lux-Rc drivers. (motion sensor) into any of the up coming boss line up?

thanks.

Hope you guys are doing well these days, wondering if boss wrenches will be back in stock soon. Looking to order a bezel but would need a wrench set to switch it out.

Sorry for our reduced communication and presence. a few updates:

1. the virus has slowed our operations. particularly the delivery of packages. 2 day delivery is now 3 and international delivery requires additional days in customs.
  2. until further notice, we've discontinued signature shipping. this will reduce interactions between customers and postal agents. we have replaced signature with increased insurance and expect this to be better for everyone.
  3. parallel to all this we are also working to improve our products. i expect to have an insider this summer announcing the first of these improvements. while this is exciting it also requires considerable time and resources, reducing our responsiveness.
  4. products effected by the upgrades have been pulled out of stock, reducing buyers remorse of those who might buy something then see it improved. we'll be putting these items back into stock and improving availability as production improves throughout the year.
  5. These developments begin with new lux rc features that OVEREADY and Torchlab are codeveloping with lux rc. We are planning a mail-in firmware upgrade process later this year for all eligible v5 products, including all BOSS versions and models.

Last edited:

Innosint

Newly Enlightened
got it, sounds like something exciting is coming down the pipeline, i'll wait for the good news then

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Good News about 219c mule drop ins?

Eta on DPC tailcap's back in stock?

Mule DIP and DPC tailcaps are made by the same vendor and his operations are Covid impacted. I no longer can quote ETAs for DIP items, so the E heads are likely to remain the only DIP options this year. Machining is still available but with reduced options.

We are working on a new batch of lego parts with a new knurling. This will include:

DPC tailcaps
P60 bodies, 35 and 70
Extenders​

There's also the possibly of bezels and bezel rings, creating a complete 3P/6P/9P/12P host ecosystem

samuraishot

Enlightened
Thank you, EG. Will the extenders be in natural HA? Also, any updates on the BOSS wrenches?

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Thank you, EG. Will the extenders be in natural HA? Also, any updates on the BOSS wrenches?

Natural demand fell after C2s were discontinued so we've stopped producing all natural options. What do you want to combine a natural extender with?

BOSS accessories are waiting behind the general BOSS production hold as we finish the new firmware. So eta currently on wrenches.

samuraishot

Enlightened
I was hoping to add another extender to this, but an 18650 size. (working on uploading the photo).

2je5DgN
2je5DgN
50031134648_5c6b44e1bc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

samuraishot

Enlightened
Even if the color matched, the new knurl is quite different. I recommend a wtb for natural of either size.
Ah ok, got it. Yeah, this was an old project of mine I started years ago. It's one of my favorite pieces. Nevertheless, I really appreciate your help!

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Are the delrin z41 tail caps an absolute part?

..and the delrin (black) bezel rings, are both forever gone from OR?
Thx..

Most delrin parts are special purpose. The delrin z41 were made to match the thicker bodies of the G2 series, making them to thick to look goon on metal bodies. G2's lost popularity after the incan/p60 G era closed, so demand collapsed so we have not made more. Delrin bezel rings are not as strong as metal and were only made to reduce weight when combined with acrylic hosts. We're not making more acrylic and the same with their accessories. Black smooth are sold out. Black cren remain and will be sold loose when acrylic sell out.

Just wondering if Triad tailcaps will be produced again, or should I quit pining?

Triads are part of the Moddoolar line, whose production is on indefinite hold. We have ideas for a reborn wasp head but its not yet clear how Triads would be included. Triads alone are a significant investment, beyond our reach right now as a sole part but if that changes, I would make them alone.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Electronic Guru will you still be making (restocking) dpc tailcaps?

Yes, we are working on a new set of P60 LEGO parts, including bodies, extenders, tailcaps, bezels, and bezel rings. I don't yet have an ETA but I'm expecting Insider 76 or 77. The goal is to have parts enough to build most configurations between a 3P and a 12P. Including DPC setups.