Eternalight Elite X-ray goes on Mt. Whitney Expedition!

JollyRoger

Enlightened
My housmate is going to Mt. Whitney this weekend...for a friend's birthday (actually turns out to be Ken Yang, the younger brother of Jerry Yang, one of the founders of Yahoo!).

Anyways, he asked me if I had a good flashlight that could last long, survive sub-zero temps, etc.

I decided to lend him my Elite X-ray. I put in some lithium batts, turned on the Night Beacon feature....boy was he impressed!

I tested it overnight in the freezer....it was still blinking.

Let's see how it performs for him! (He left this morning, gets back on Sunday.)

NOTE: There was NO way I was going to lend him my ARC LS!!!!

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JollyRoger:
My housmate is going to Mt. Whitney this weekend...for a friend's birthday (actually turns out to be Ken Yang, the younger brother of Jerry Yang, one of the founders of Yahoo!).

Anyways, he asked me if I had a good flashlight that could last long, survive sub-zero temps, etc.

I decided to lend him my Elite X-ray. I put in some lithium batts, turned on the Night Beacon feature....boy was he impressed!

I tested it overnight in the freezer....it was still blinking.

Let's see how it performs for him! (He left this morning, gets back on Sunday.)

NOTE: There was NO way I was going to lend him my ARC LS!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, how many flashlights can continue to work in subzero temperature?

I don't blame you for not letting him use your ARC LS.

Wayne

JollyRoger

Enlightened
That's a good question, Wayne. After an hour in the freezer, the Eternalight's buttons were definitely a bit stiff, but the flashlight worked pretty well. I think the lithium batts helped a lot. I imagine most well-built flashlights should hold up just fine...as long as you use lithiums.
I wonder at what temperature the o-rings on flashlights might start to crack, etc....

confused.gif

Yeah, I wanted to send my ARC LS along (with the lithium battery pack), but it's my only one (for now) and a keeper...