Even More Surefire L4 Beamshots *More Pics Added*

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured I would light some shed on the subject for those who want even more L4 beamshots. I used the Brinkmann Legend LX, Arc LSH, Surefire A2 and L4:

l4beamshot2s.jpg

l4compare2.jpg

l4inside2.jpg

l4bdrm.jpg

l4anda2big7.jpg

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: More Surefire L4 Beamshots

Nice pics! Distance is about 40 feet in the backyard pic?

Thanks!
Alex

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

What does the shed look like with no lights shining on it?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
AlexGT said:
Nice pics! Distance is about 40 feet in the backyard pic?

Thanks!
Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 40 feet is about right.

[ QUOTE ]
Illuminatingbikr said:

What does the shed look like with no lights shining on it?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the daytime it looks like this:
l4shed.jpg

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast

Still freaks me out how the A2 shows up as brighter, even against lights that seem to definitely put out more lumens and candlepower both. Sean, judging by eye, does the A2 trump the Brinkman LX at tightest focus by the amount it seems to in the pics?

The close-up L4 vs A2 pics really show the advantage of the L4 at short range. That's the best demonstration as to why to pick up an L4 for EDC!

Joe

pal251

Newly Enlightened

I love how good the color is with the l4....the technology really shines

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Joe Talmadge said:
Still freaks me out how the A2 shows up as brighter, even against lights that seem to definitely put out more lumens and candlepower both. Sean, judging by eye, does the A2 trump the Brinkman LX at tightest focus by the amount it seems to in the pics?

Joe

[/ QUOTE ]

To the naked eye it does look to me like the A2 is brighter at it's center, but it's not as obvious as the pictures make it look.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Interesting. The A2 although tighter looks brighter then the Legend LX in spot. My Legend LX in spot is considerably brighter then my E2. Is the A2 that much brighter then an E2?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think it's just tighter, much as the P60 is tighter than the MN03, making it look brighter than the mere 5 lumens difference between them.

brightnorm

Flashaholic

I've found that the KL4 is least impressive compared to an incandescent when ambient light levels are high. The darker it is, the more the KL4 "shines" relative to an incandescent. That is when its wide peripheral beam shows to great advantage, and the KL4 becomes a short-medium range light rather than just a short range light.

Walking in a dark field or along a dark path is much more comfortable with the KL4 than with any 2x123 incandescent (with the possible exception of a NascarP61/E2E, which has a wider spread than the P61 in a standard size bezel). Not only do you get rid of that "tunnel" effect, you feel as though you're surrounded by your very own field of light.

My ideal version of the KL4 would have selectable brightness in addition to two selectable snap focus beam styles: the current wide beam or an incandescent-tight one. Too bad that appears to be currently impossible in a small bezel, though I'm very curious to put the MCBulkyBear through its paces.

Brightnorm

Darell

Flashaholic

The indoor comparison shot is by far the most telling. When you are THERE, the same impression is given when outdoors as well. For some reason, the pictures just don't show it. All peripheral light seems to be lost in the pictures. And that is where the L4 shines, so to speak.

The indoor one tells volumes.

bucken

Enlightened

Outstanding beamshots!!! These type of shots are so much more revealing.

poalcat

Newly Enlightened

Good grief, now I must get one, even though I told my wife I wouldn't buy any more lights this year. Those indoor beam shots make the L4 irresistible. But what can I tell my wife? Wait a minute! I have a birthday coming in August - I won't buy the L4, she will! And I will most humbly accept the bithday present, vowing to abstain from more flashlight purchases in 2003. But maybe the L2 will be released around Christmas time...

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent shots! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

But I wish I had never seen them, now I find myself wanting a L4 and an A2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Curses,
Pat

reddwarf

Newly Enlightened

Oh Boy, looks like my Arc may be seeing retirement to the car,of all the L4 posts these beamshots were the selling point for me.Great photos,thanks Sean.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

This should be an excellent night hiking light... It's not so focused that you lose some peripheral vision to the hotspot ahead of you, and the hotspot from the L4's much wider, so you get a wider trail illumination than you would a tight spot from the A2 (or E2x, LX, etc)...

Darell

Flashaholic

I have to admit that I still think that the following is the BEST part of this thread so far:

[ QUOTE ]
Sean said:
I figured I would light some shed on the subject ...

[/ QUOTE ]

And you probably thought we all missed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Darell said:

And you probably thought we all missed it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I didn't come up with it, someone branded me with that phrase the last time I posted shed-shots. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BTW, here is on more shot,
l4inside2.jpg