Even More Surefire L4 Beamshots *More Pics Added*

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: More Surefire L4 Beamshots

Can you replace the L4 head with a regular E2e head? And is there a picture of the L4 next to an Arc LS with 2AA and 123a battery packs?

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Pi_is_blue said:
Can you replace the L4 head with a regular E2e head? And is there a picture of the L4 next to an Arc LS with 2AA and 123a battery packs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can put a E2e head on the L4 because the L4 and E2e bodies are the same.

Here are some pics with the L4 and Arc LS with CR123 TSP pack and 2-AA Twist bodies:

l4group5.jpg
l4group2.jpg

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pi_is_blue,

Here ye go... Another reference shot...

Arc-LS-123, E1w/Z57, E20, L4, E2/KL1, A2, Arc-LS-2AA
fbd45115.jpg

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
LEDagent said:
Wow, the Arc LSH really holds up against the 5 watters!

Nice work Sean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually is does not the L4 blows away any 1watt LS I have. Remember as Sean said these photos where not taken on a manual setting which means the camera is a adjusting the iris for the amount of light each light puts out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
jtivat said:
[ QUOTE ]
LEDagent said:

Nice work Sean.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually is does not the L4 blows away any 1watt LS I have. Remember as Sean said these photos where not taken on a manual setting which means the camera is a adjusting the iris for the amount of light each light puts out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is correct. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
LEDagent said:

Nice work Sean.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it doesn't. The LSH is a great light, but it can not stand up to the 5-watter. No 1-watt LED light can. Grab an L4 and an LSH (or any other 1-watter) and go into a dark field. Light up the L4 for for a few minutes, then turn it off and fire-up the LSH (or other 1-watter). You'll be asking yourself whether that light is really on or not.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast

For your viewing pleasure, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I have added a few FC patented baseboard shots /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

l4comp3.jpg

l43way.jpg

sflate

Enlightened

Does anyone have a beamshot comparison, or just a description of the L4 vs any mini-mag/MadMax or mini-mag Badboy? How about L4 vs SNII or MegaCyclops? These are the only Luxeon lights I own. I'm trying to decide if it is worth buying the L4. Will it be anywhere near the brightness of my 5W MegaCyclops? I realize the Megacyclops is much larger and will have a better beam. Also, for EDC, is it significantly brighter than the mini-mag/BB750 that I currently carry? Thanks

Doug Meister

Newly Enlightened

Sean, I wish you could do a baseboard beam shot with the Legend LX and the Surefire L4.

I'm sure I will have to have one of these lights, but I also want the Streamlight TL-3 Problem is what do I do for money.
<font color="blue">--Ðøug
Smilieonandoff.gif
</font> 2003.7.23.23.16.32 PT