Ever lost a Flashlight?

Over the weekend I realized that I could not find my HDS Executive. I tore apart my house and my car looking for it. I literally had dreams about where I might have left my light. I might be a little obsessed with finding it! LOL I got to work today hoping that maybe it had been found and turned in. I have asked everyone. I had a couple of my nursing staff offer little pen lights and I had to explain nicely that they are not the same. The sad thing is that if someone finds it, they probably with not appreciate it for what it is!!
Ohhh.. I feel your pain.😰

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
On a camping trip I lost a 3AA Mini Maglite and a 6 cell D cell when the river almost took me. It was a sad day, I said a prayer for it. Most likely it landed down river for someone to come across, but I never found them.

Buff

Enlightened
Lost but off topic. I tore my house upside down looking for my latest greatest right hearing aid. To maintain the spirit of this thread i did use my flashlight extensively looking for it. The aid had lost its charge so i set it on the table next to my chair i eventually fell asleep in. My guess is my old cat knocked it off the table and either ate it (yes i have been checking the litter box) or played with it along the floor and it fell into the AC vent. I had my son check them as I can't squat down with my knee and my hands are large but i still think it's in one of the vents. I did move every piece of furniture more than once.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Lost but off topic. I tore my house upside down looking for my latest greatest right hearing aid. To maintain the spirit of this thread i did use my flashlight extensively looking for it. The aid had lost its charge so i set it on the table next to my chair i eventually fell asleep in. My guess is my old cat knocked it off the table and either ate it (yes i have been checking the litter box) or played with it along the floor and it fell into the AC vent. I had my son check them as I can't squat down with my knee and my hands are large but i still think it's in one of the vents. I did move every piece of furniture more than once.
How many days was this ago?
It might still be stuck in kitty's bowels.

Buff

Enlightened
Yes it might as it was 3 days ago. Cat is like 90 years old and still a pest lol. Has lost half her body weight in the last 6 months but still eating us out of house and home and pooping like a trooper.
If she passes away i will ask for an XRay lol.

Chadder

Enlightened
I thought I would share an update. I have everyone looking for my light. One of my coworkers said, "Ill just order you a new one." I told her what it was called. She looked up HDS Executive and said, "OMG that's a $300 flashlight!" I asked her how much she paid for her purse? She said I made a good point, but multiple people have stopped by my office inquiring why I would pay that much. It's the talk of the place today. I'm glad no one noticed my other HDS clipped to my pocket. LOL

fuyume

Enlightened
The last flashlight I know I "lost" was a Mini Mag-lite with a Nite-Ize LED conversion and tailswitch that I accidentally left at a friend's house in California when I was visiting in 2013. If I had a nickel for every Mag-lite I've ever lost in my life, I could be a Mag-lite dealer.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
The last flashlight I know I "lost" was a Mini Mag-lite with a Nite-Ize LED conversion and tailswitch that I accidentally left at a friend's house in California when I was visiting in 2013. If I had a nickel for every Mag-lite I've ever lost in my life, I could be a Mag-lite dealer.
Me too. I've lost probably half a dozen of them since I started carrying them back in the mid-80's. The last one was at my folks house in about 2000-2001. After my parents both passed and we were cleaning out the house, I found it behind the wood box they had next to the fireplace (I have zero idea how it ended up there!). I put new batteries in it and it fired right up! These things are pretty much eternal ;)

Latest posts