Ever met a CPF'er?

greenLED

Flashaholic
I was lucky to meet Pi_is_blue just this morning. Great guy. I wish we could've talked lumens for longer but I had to get back to the office. :(

I hope I'll be able to attend one of the get-togethers some time.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oops, I interpreted the thread as in meeting a CPFer by accident, but since we are all including pre-arranged meetings, I met a bunch at the May Bay Area get together. JimH with his collection of fence burners, Theepdinker who gave us rides from and back to the BART, knifebright and his case of uber nice LEDs, Jpeg who donated the house for the event, Jonathan(Modamag, dang it this guys is just so cheerful he makes everyone want to smile), and a whole bunch of other people, and of course, DOn showed up too surprising everyone....

Talking about which, I missed the last Amondotech get together, I wonder if anyone in the area want to have a photon rampage again....

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I think I saw a flashaholic today.

I was at a ham radio fest today, and afterwards I stopped at a nearby Mc'Ds for coffee, as did several others from the fest. While waiting in line I noticed one gentleman wearing a metal bracket on his belt that was holding his cellphone and a small flashlight (about the size of a MiniM*g but it wasn't).

I thought it was a cool contraption so I asked him about it. He said that he made it himself. I told him it was a cool idea and he thanked me, then we both moved on.

Anybody who makes a custom EDC adaptor has gotta be a flashaholic, right?

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've met a couple when I still lived in Bellingham, but that was by design. I hung out with SilverFox a few times in a park shining lights around.

WDR65

Enlightened
I haven't yet, but I figure I'll have to run into Flying Turtle in Young Guns (Don't know if you go there, but I pop in from time to time to pick up Surefire accessories) or Target at some point, lol. Maybe even Flash Gordon if he makes it to Raleigh. Don't know of any back toward coastal NC (where I'm from) but there might be one somewhere that way. Maybe I'll turn some of my buddies to the light, but right now they just laugh at how much I spend on lights and then when we get the trucks stuck coming back from hunting/camping I'm the guy illuminating the scene.

Stream

Enlightened
CHC said:
Yeah I saw/met a couple of guys (about 6 of them) at the movie theater standing around all wearing black trench coats—in fact they all dressed alike and groomed alike, hmmm. . .On each one's person were Mag-Lites: 6D, 2D, 2AA, 2AAA and Solitaire. That's all these fellas carried.

At that time all I had on me was my 6P with the P61 installed and a set of fresh 123s. I just commented to them about their lights since they're wearing them on their side like sabers. They showed them to me and appearedd to be quite proud of their illuminators which seemed to me that their line of thinking was that Mags were all that ever existed. They said to me that everyone should carry a flashlight. I agreed and then briefly showed them the 6P. Of course a few of them chuckled; that is until I flashed it on the wall. . .Then silence with eyes bugged out of their heads like a stepped on toad. . .Ah it was a Sony moment. . .

lol That's a funny story. But think about it, because of you those guys are probably into Surefires and Streamlights now.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I've not been to the Young Guns shop yet. It's good to know they have Surefire lights, though I don't have one. I've driven past it many times. Need to check it out. Look for me at the flashlight aisle in Target, WalMart, or REI. I'll be the one with the glazed look, humming the "Rocky" theme. :laughing:

Geoff

WDR65

Enlightened
Geoff,
Haha, the "Rocky" them? I'll remember that, it might be interesting. Yeah Young Guns carries Surefire, Inova, and some Streamlight. They don't have the best deals in the area on Surefire stuff though. You can normally find me either at Lawmen's Safety near Garner (almost all the Streamlight line and some Surefire), sometimes at REI and every once in a while at WalMart or Target. Funny I have run into one guy that had a bunch of headlamps at REI once and was reccomending one to me, I wonder.......... lol.

Dudley

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
tvodrd said:
I *suspect* I may hold the record for "most CPF'rs met in person." :D (Including a poster in this thread! ( :nana: )) I almost got to meet B@rt in Belgium a month ago. I haven't encountered one of us in the "wild," yet, but I keep my eyes open. :D

Larry

I had the pleasure of meeting Larry in person. He only lives 391.5 miles from here, and the Prius only burned 7.5 gallons of gas getting there. Larry's a great guy and it was fun to see his shop and toys too.

I've dropped by Jpeg's house. HarryN is only a few miles away and we meet up frequently. I see another CPFer frequently, but he keeps a low profile so I won't mention his name.

The get-togethers are fun. I think I've met about 1/2 of the CPFers in the SF bay area at one or more of the get-togethers. If you don't have one in your area it's fun to host one yourself. It's a great way to meet people and to see exotic lights. Even a small gathering of 4 or 5 people can male a great evening.

The get-togethers are co-ordinated in the Trade Shows & Flashaholic Get Togethers forum ( http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=26 )

Daniel