Ever used crenellated strike bezel?

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had you used it to make an ice sculpture of your dog, you would have won the Internet. But as it is, you still get an honorable mention, because you needed a tool, happened, more or less, to have the right one on hand, and it worked just like you planned. But your task raises the question to me, at least, how many lumens would it take for a light to have broken up that ice without crenellations?
That I don't know lol. My L2 with an XHP50 is about 1800 lumen and while in typical use 5 minutes at full power will make it become to hot to hold, I still don't think it would have melted the ice. Had the light had a smooth bezel I wouldn't have tried it due to not having as much protection of the lens and because there wouldn't have been an edge to chip with.

Illum

Flashaholic
For me, the crenelated bezel serves two distinct purposes: telling me whether or not the light is on while standing on its head... and being used as a wedge to scratch myself with, especially in the back. If the knurling is aggressive that's another plus, I use that part to sand calluses off of my hands or feet