Sold/Expired === Exotic Coating Service Update ===

Tim W

Enlightened
L1080240Medium.jpg

SHOWOFF! !!!!!:devil:

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I finished off the sort and assembly of light in TiN, TiCN and diamond. I gotta say, I think I found my favorite(s) light all time.

From the last two run the light that held that special place in my heart was the diamond Drake that is now in greenled posestion.

That position have been replaced by several lights of this run.
1. Tanasit's gold FM Mega.... (M6)
2. TiN Data's Spy 007
3. ... care to guess, it's not as flashy as the other two but shows ALOT of class.

OK, back on topic, I need couple more nights to take care of the AlTiN batch. I should be able to mail out 7-10 member's worth of light by the end of this week.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I was debating having sent in my SF M6 for 24K Gold, and am upset I didn't, now that I see how gorgeous these others are that I got back.

Guys, I finished off the sort and assembly of light in TiN, TiCN and diamond. I gotta say, I think I found my favorite(s) light all time.

From the last two run the light that held that special place in my heart was the diamond Drake that is now in greenled posestion.

That position have been replaced by several lights of this run.
1. Tanasit's gold FM Mega.... (M6)
2. TiN Data's Spy 007
3. ... care to guess, it's not as flashy as the other two but shows ALOT of class.

OK, back on topic, I need couple more nights to take care of the AlTiN batch. I should be able to mail out 7-10 member's worth of light by the end of this week.

ejot

Enlightened
It's not much, but I added a bit to my payment as a small part in helping cover some of Jonathan's losses.

The coatings came out very nice. One light did get the wrong coating :( and one part with a poor finish ... not Jonathan's fault. Between this and the missing box though, I probably wouldn't want to use this shop again despite the previous successful runs.

Thanks for this chance to add these great coatings to our collection. I'm excited to start using them. :thumbsup::thanks:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have also finish sorting most of the lights. There were still pieces at the coating shop so about 9 members will be delayed for another week or two, but everyone else is ready for the homeward bound trip.
I sent most of the members a final bill for the coating. This includes all the services and things on the side that you wanted.
Please take a look at that and let me know if there are any discepancy.

Straylight & nfetterly I'm in the process of assembling your lights, so yours is a little longer than others.

Here's couple pictures from earlier in the week.

I hate it when my workshop or bench is such a mess.
However, this mess is problably the most gorgeous (and $$$) mess I ever had.
BTW: there was another box that didn't have room in the picture.
benchh.jpg

My most favorite DLC light. McGizmo Haiku - DLC. This would be one of the rare light that I would pay > $1000 for.
haikudlc.jpg

The other 4-digits light. This is one classy James Bond light with the flare to show it off with
spytin.jpg

Now for the problem. All the AlTiN Haiku head had uneven deposition at the deapest groove.
Typical deposition is limited to 3:1 aspect ratio, at that range you start having uniformity problem.
So I leave it up to the owner to decides whether to add more coatings on it.
Here are the pros & cons. By depositing more this ring will likely disappear but then you will have a coating difference between the head and the light body.

I will be sending some Draco/Drake out for AlTiN & DLC next Tues. Please decide by then whether you want yours recoat.
haikualtin.jpg

Tim W

Enlightened
Now for the problem. All the AlTiN Haiku head had uneven deposition at the deapest groove.
So I leave it up to the owner to decides whether to add more coatings on it.
Here are the pros & cons. By depositing more this ring will likely disappear but then you will have a coating difference between the head and the light body.

Please send mine back as is, don't mind the contrast. I can always drop a GID oring in if I want to.

Email sent verifying return address.

Last edited:

Joseph Milton

Enlightened
:paypal: a few days ago.

From the pics, the deepest groove not getting coated looks pretty trick. I like it!

Can't wait to see these pieces. I am so excited to get these lights back!

Joseph