• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Exotic Coating Service Update ===

ejot

Enlightened
Oh, yeah, baby!! I'm catalogued. :thumbsup:

Couple corrections:

#9249 - SureFire M3. This should be HA-Black, not TiCN

#9250 - Mag 2D D2032544916. This should be A2 Orange, not TiCN

Finally, a minor change of request, if I may:

#9248 - Mag 1D TC Clicky (chrome). Please do not plate the bezel. Only plate tailcap, body, and head.

Is electrical cleanup machining offered? In my request post in the original thread, and in the paperwork included with the lights shipment, I had asked for this on 9246, 9247, 9249, and 9250 but don't see a place for it to be confirmed in the catalog.

Thanks again for putting this all together! What an epic amount of work.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jonathan, everything looks good on my lights (rmandujano).

There are just a few things that I'm sure you know about but I wanted to make sure.

Picture 9265 - There is a one cell extender screwed onto that Leef body. It looks like on solid body because they match up so well.

Picture 9272 - There is a C to M adapter screwed onto that Leef body. Again, it looks factory because they match so well.

Picture 9272 - That is a 1D Mag, not a 2D. I'm sure that was just a type.

I as well wanted all the electrical cleaned or whatever you do to it.

Again, thank you so much for putting so much time and effort into this GB coating service. I can't imagine the time it takes for you to finish every step.

Last edited:

hornady708

Enlightened
Order #9086 - Listed as a SST-50 EDC but it should just be a regular old Surefire 6P, if you can't get out the tailcap switch, don't worry about, just set it aside and ship it back when everything gets done

Thanks

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, I'm sorry for making you double check this. During my Germany trip my USB key failed on me. And a month before that my work computer was replace (w/o admin rights) so I had not had a chance to sync.
I lost over 5 years worth of designs and gigabyte worth of knowledge. With the lack of time I don't even know how or when I will reverse engineer all my CPF designs.

Along with all those important stuff is the xls for the Exotic Coating. I had to revert back to a home backup version :(

koopa, ivanchek, Cuso, Rommul, supasizefries, stevevh: updated
ejot: email sent
Stillphoto: Placentia? I was unable to connect the real name n forum nick. The item "was" listed under your name (not nick).
As for the 6P bore, if I don't have the parts already then it's too late. I don't want to hold this off any further. Hope you understand.
my_gentle_cry: I placed 5x Colossus for each coating. One of those is yours.
donn_: 6x item just finished boring to 18.5mm (AW's cell) ... oh how boring.
With regards to the part on 9257 top left, the original designer place very little meat on the short thread. After boring to 18.5mm there is only about 15 thous at the weakest point. So be careful not to stress this part too much. All other parts are fine and is bored to 18.6mm which should be a nice snug fit.
BTW: Thanks for reminding me how much I love my other hobby (machining).

Dog_Chaser: TypeII Orange it is. What do you want to do with the clip. It's Ti!
tx101: I have purchase it locally. Now what was I suppose to do with it again.
ejot: 9248 will be chrome with black bezel accent. Tuxedo I C. I'll electrically cleanup what I know.
Drywolf: No bead blast this round. To much work as is.
QtrHorse: Thanks for the insight. It was on hand tight and matched REALLY WELL. Picture 9274 is Mag1D yes!
hornady708: Do you have a link or description of how to remove the tailcap. I'll ask vaccum3D 2 c if he knows.
LuxLuthor: 9029 clips are electroplated might not stick

Guys here's a general rule of thumb for the lights
1. If it's a Ti light and is scratch or contain sharp edges then I'll send it out for polish.
Otherwise it will be as is. All Spy will be w/o polish unless stripping is required.

2. Al McGizmo Ti lights with bezel clip. I will leave the screw in place for coating that way it will match the light.

As a final note: we have 180 pictures, with somewhere between 3-11 parts per pic. That means by the time everything is finish I will have a 1000 pieces puzzle set to solve :D

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Jonathan, welcome back, and incredible work and detail in documentation. Thanks again for being so careful.

Guys, I'm sorry for making you double check this. During my Germany trip my USB key failed on me. And a month before that my work computer was replace (w/o admin rights) so I had not had a chance to sync.
I lost over 5 years worth of designs and gigabyte worth of knowledge. With the lack of time I don't even know how or when I will reverse engineer all my CPF designs.

Along with all those important stuff is the xls for the Exotic Coating. I had to revert back to a home backup version :(

That is absolutely horrible news, and I'm so sorry for you. I'm so paranoid about doing repeated, regular ghost backups to mulitple hard drives, USB keys, and optical media taken offsite, which I bet you will start doing now too.

LuxLuthor: Do you want the SS bezel polished more? And how about TiN instead. It's more durable. Ele & Fenix L1T no stripping just additional Gold plating.
LuxLuthor: 9029 clips are electroplated might not stick

I reference single post with two photos that show what is to be done, specifically:

Repeating corrections to your spreadsheet catalogue of my items. (you may have missed my earlier post #8) that

• Item 9029 (3 x SS Lobster claw clips) are to be TiN. No need to polish. Seeing your latest note that they have been plated and it may not stick, use your judgement, and if you don't think it is likely to work out, maybe experiment with stripping, & polishing. They are not that important of items however it works out, I'm cool even if you don't think you should do anything with them, but if you want to try...they were cheap...what the hell.

• Item 9030 is a AA Jetbeam SS (not a Fenix AAA) that should be polished and TiN

Corrections/clarifications to your recent catalogue of these items:

• Item 9283 should be 3 x SS bezels & FM Deep Bezel (not tailcap) If these are the 4 items you are asking me about, I think only the FM Deep Bezel needs polishing, but use your judgement if other 3 need polish. If the SS does not need to be stripped, then don't. I do want all 4 of these bezels in 24K Gold.

• Item 9285 (Elephant) confirming--yes, just polish and apply additional 24K Gold Plating

• Item 9286 (Fenix AA) confirming--yes, just polish and apply additional 24K Gold Plating

• Item 9287 (AA Jetbeam SS - not Fenix) is same as item 9030. Not sure if SS needs to be stripped, but does need polished and TiN.

• Item 9288 (SF FM 2x18650) should be stripped, polished, and 24K Gold. NOT TiN as you have it marked. (It is Aluminum.)
Thank you sir!

Last edited:

Tim W

Enlightened
Confirmation of order

Guys here's a general rule of thumb for the lights
1. If it's a Ti light and is scratch or contain sharp edges then I'll send it out for polish.
Otherwise it will be as is.

2. Al McGizmo Ti lights with bezel clip. I will leave the screw in place for coating that way it will match the light.

Tim W: number 9025 (McGizmo Haiku, NO POLISH, ALTiN) is correct.:thumbsup: Sounds good about leaving the screws in place.

Can't wait to see the final result!

When would you like payment to be sent?

Thanks for all your hard work!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jon,

The Mag C machined like this

DSC00902-1.jpg

to fit a 18650 cell please

Dog Chaser

Enlightened
On the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay
Jonathan,

Thanks for your post. On item 9011, I hadn't thought about the clip being Ti on an aluminum light. My guess is the screws are Ti as well. If, because of the difference in metels, you expect a color or texture difference, then I would like the clip and screws to be AlTiN. If you think you can make a good match, then do it all in the HAII Orange. Also, this is a Nickel plated light. Does it need to be stripped prior to polishing? On item 9010, I'm fine with anodizing the screws if that is easier for you.

1,000 pieces. You are a true asset to CPF. Thanks again for all the hard work. Hopefully the next stage of this process is more fun for you.

ejot

Enlightened
ejot: email sent

ejot:
9248 will be chrome with black bezel accent. Tuxedo I C. I'll electrically cleanup what I know.

Thanks for emailing the pictures and confirming the change on the shorty Mag! :thumbsup: Email replied, just want to make sure the correction on the M3 and stock Mag are confirmed.

Don't want to push my luck here -- but since you mentioned how much you enjoy machine work -- I'm going to send an email asking about finning the shorty Mag head before chroming.
(I tried doing this myself but I'm a not a good machinist :shakehead and it didn't work. I sent a stock head instead to meet the deadline, but it's not what I really wanted. )
If it's too late for machine work requests, I fully understand.

Rommul

Enlightened
Jonathan

1. The 12ZM tailcap should say HA - Gray

2. ALL items are to be polished.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stillphoto: Placentia? I was unable to connect the real name n forum nick. The item "was" listed under your name (not nick).
As for the 6P bore, if I don't have the parts already then it's too late. I don't want to hold this off any further. Hope you understand.

Yup, Placentia / Robb = Me.

I want you to bore the 6P of mine that you already have!

9234- Perfect!
9236- Add Bore for AW 18mm cell.
9238- Perfect!

Is that acceptable since you already have it? Everything else is great!

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
LOL! I bet I am the only one who has the "anal compulsion" to send in two previously 24K gold plated lights (Elephant & Fenix AA) to get a better quality plating! Just laughing at myself. :p

StrayLight

Enlightened
Guys here's a general rule of thumb for the lights:
1. If it's a Ti light and is scratch or contain sharp edges then I'll send it out for polish. Otherwise it will be as is.

I posted before this week's update, but I guess it got missed, that I would just like everything polished. My items are listed correctly with their respective coatings, but some that are noted "none" as to polishing I know to have scratches, dings and/or sharp edges. Please just send the whole lot for polishing... I really think it would be easier not to have to differentiate the parts beyond their separate coatings.

Sorry to hear about all your lost IP. And thanks again for doing this.

sfca

Enlightened
I'm aware that I'll have to wait till the next round but if someone could inform me of the following:

- Will coating the LX2 clip (stainless steel) make it stronger, without making it brittle?
I've broken one already and the first replacement didn't make it to my house. Rather inconvenient to have to wait so long, so.. possible?

There is a degree of flexing with the clip, and I think that's a good thing that prevents it from snapping so I'd like to keep that.

- I'd also like to get Russtangs titanium crenelated bezel with the coating that will blend best with the stock Surefire C2-bk color. Suggestions?

Thanks all.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
SFCA - A coating will may make the surface possibly more resistant to abrasions, but will not make it any stronger function wise.

ivanchek

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Jonathan.
9036 and 9052 are correct.
Any idea of when the process will start?
Thanks.

sbelyo

Newly Enlightened
Hi Modamag...

#9012 my CPF ID is sbelyo

there's a ~ next to my ID so I'm just correcting it.

Thanks

Latest posts