• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired === Exotic Coating Service Update ===

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olrac..you should let us know the serial# of your Gotham. We must be the biggest market for this light, and we can all be on the lookout for the missing lights, here and on FleaBay.
Who the heck steals a bunch of flashlight shells? If those where at the shop shouldn't they be gutted already? Pretty much useless to the normal mogul. Something extraordinary happened with this lights, my only hope is that they turn up soon...

StrayLight

Enlightened
Who the heck steals a bunch of flashlight shells? If those where at the shop shouldn't they be gutted already? Pretty much useless to the normal mogul. Something extraordinary happened with this lights, my only hope is that they turn up soon...

What's the scrap value of titanium?

alg_scrap.jpg

Last edited:

supasizefries

Enlightened
Aww man, this is really disappointing! The shop should totally take responsibility for their huge screw up. :fail: I will also contact Mac about replacement of my SST-50 EDC. Please relay any messages from him to me when you have the time. I hope the missing lights turn up so you don't have to eat this huge mess. My dream of having a chromed SST-50 Mac EDC will have to...remain being a dream. :shakehead

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Jonathan,

I got most of "my preciouses," and they are truly spectacular. A deep, rich, thick layer of 24K Gold that is the finest plating of any lights I have in my collection. I'll take photos when I get all the final items, but your quick photo is not color balanced/exposed right. They are not that pale yellow color at all. I'm just thrilled beyond my wildest expectations at the quality of these.

With that in mind, I suspect you sent my original Ellie to Tanasit, and his Ellie-II to me. I noted in photo the mixup below:

ModamagMixup.jpg

Other than the Ellie mixup, I have received everything from photo on left, except the Jetbeam clone to be done in TiN. I'm also missing all the items in the photo on right (including 3 x P1D in 24K Gold), and the second Jetbeam clone & clips also in TiN.

+

I bet you are chomping at the bit to do another of these Exotic runs !!! :devil:

Edit: Just spoke with Jonathan who confirmed he switched my Elephant with Tanasit after having them out for that photo, and likely also put my three P1D's in his box.

Jonathan is going to appeal to the shop owner about filing a claim with his insurance company, as unfortunately he already paid him.

Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Tanasit did get my Elephant, but not the 3 24K Gold Fenix P1D's shown in above photo on right that Jonathan put in a small plastic bag. Apparently those were put in someone else's box.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Tanasit did get my Elephant, but not the 3 24K Gold Fenix P1D's shown in above photo on right that Jonathan put in a small plastic bag. Apparently those were put in someone else's box.

Lux, I got them. Please PM me your address.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titanium are at a different shop. There were delay on this batch due to some anodization. The coating wouldn't adhere so they had to got thru another set of pre-processing, thus causing the delay.

All together this run involved the following

a) Three sorting session.
- one when I got everything from you guys
- second when I got them back from pre-processing (stripping/polishing/etc). Shouldn't have to if they kept it in the batch I allocated but they didn't.
- the last session when it come back from the job to you.

b) Three different shops
- strip/polish/anodization shop
- nickel/chrome/gold plating
- Titanium deposition

Tim W

Enlightened
... There were delay on this batch due to some anodization. ... had to got thru another set of pre-processing, thus causing the delay.

I guess I'm easily confused(Ok, actually I knowI'm easily confused:crackup::grin2:): does this mean there is a further delay, or was this the original delay and we are down to looking at only another week or two to get stuff back?

Thanks, and sorry to be a pest
Tim

ivanchek

Newly Enlightened
I guess I'm easily confused(Ok, actually I knowI'm easily confused:crackup::grin2:): does this mean there is a further delay, or was this the original delay and we are down to looking at only another week or two to get stuff back?

Thanks, and sorry to be a pest
Tim

Im also a little confused. Guess i just want to hear that my babies are coming home.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Happy to report that both Tanasit and myself received our exchanged Elephants. They are truly spectacular and far exceeded my expectations.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
The majority of the steel/titanium parts are inbound home.
I'm expecting them mid next week.

Parts that were originally been black oxide or ti-anodized will be a tad bit longer.

ivanchek

Newly Enlightened
Thats awsome news. Can't wait to see the pics of some of these treasured beauties.