Explanation of Liteflux LF2XT

B

bansuri

Enlightened
There have been issues with the analog interface. The (+) end of the battery is faced with a foam rubber standoff to prevent the light from turning on, when you screw the head in and the battery overcomes the standoff it makes contact with a spring which initiates level 1. If you screw in some more, (amounts vary), it then causes the spring to make contact with a small solder blob on the PCB which then initiates level 2.
The distance between level 1 and 2 varies greatly and there have been other issues.

I did a big fix on my EZAA which entailed polishing the (-) end inside the tube which was grinding away at my batteries.

I removed the tiny spring on the PCB and reduced it's height and built up the solder blob, re-attached the spring which made it so there's a 1/2 turn between levels. Previously it was about 7/8 turn.

I also replace the foam standoff with a thicker version so the head isn't dangerously loose when in the 'off' position. Nope, that was the EZ123. sorry.

Now it's a nice little light . From the looks of it there will be no modding required with the Quark MiNi AA.

Last edited:
B

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Ohh, yea i figured the odd two-stage UI would cause problems. Seemed like there would be a lot of QC and reliability issues with that.

I came to the light...

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
bansuri said it better than I could have. Basically, the quality isn't up to the design.

I actually really like the UI idea, but NiteCore couldn't quite get it. Ra tried something similar a while ago with the Twisty, but IIRC even Henry couldn't get it worked out as well as we might like.

B

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
Ahh i see. So back to the Liteflux LF2XT. The only thing i'm worried about is the fact that the light can be accidentally be reprogrammed since myself and possibly others like to mess around with the button when bored. How easy is it to accidentally reprogram the light? Like i saw from the instructions that you can change the brightness or the number of modes with just a few clicks. Someone could just be messing around with the light and press the button 3x really fast and bam, now the light is going crazy, and i wouldn't be able to reprogram it because its so complicated that i don't remember off my head how to do it.

L

LED Cool

Enlightened
you need to consciously click the button 3 times and then press and hold the button to enter programming mode. not something whereby a non flashaholic would perform. 3 clicks (3C) may be but 3 clicks plus a press and hold (3C + PH), very unlikely.

also switch lock out is available by loosening the head 1/8 - 1/5 of a turn. you can lock out the LF2XT when it is ON (so that others cannot mess with it) or OFF (so that others cannot switch it on to mess with it)

here is brief summary of what the number of clicks does to the LF2XT.

1C is used to turn on/of the LF2XT.

2C is used to cycle mode 1 to mode 5.

3C is to temporarily disable the auto-off, if you have it turn on. otherwise 3C does nothing unless you are already in the programming mode, but that is another topic.

4C toggles the momentary on/off. so if your friends/non flashaholics, who happens to discover 4C, turns on/off this feature, you can easily turn it back off/on.

5C tells you the battery voltage under load.

6C, 7C, 8C etc does nothing.

overall i would say it is unlikely an uninformed person can enter programming mode easily.

khoo

B

BT132435

Newly Enlightened
All right i've narrowed it down to the Preon I Ti or the Liteflux lf2xt. Leaning heavily towards the Liteflux lf2xt.