Sold/Expired F/S Exotic Wood Body for Surefire 6P

N

naked2

Enlightened
Hey Phil, check this out. Do you think you could do the same treatment on such a small body?

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Phil, check this out. Do you think you could do the same treatment on such a small body?

I saw the complete single CR123a setup. I stayed away from that because the area that would be covered with wood is very small. I can do it, just not so sure how it would look, the head is about the same size as the part of the body that would be covered with wood.

nfetterly

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Will,

I'm very interested in a 6P in Burl.

I'm planning on running this with 2 IMR cells with a P91 (& AW 3 level switch) - so I don't need the 18 mm width. I presume if it's bored to 18 mm the 16 mm cells would rattle?

I'm traveling so I don't have full access to all my toys... if anyone can chime in. I would like possibility of getting good runtime with M30 & a 18650, but primary intent would be P91 type bulb with 2 16mm IMR cells.

Neale

N

naked2

Enlightened
The IMRs would definitely rattle, but you could use a battery magazine, such as the one available for the Olight M20 Warrior. Then you could have the best of both worlds, and also use the M30 with an 18650.

nfetterly

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
The IMRs would definitely rattle, but you could use a battery magazine, such as the one available for the Olight M20 Warrior. Then you could have the best of both worlds, and also use the M30 with an 18650.

M30W - now that would be the best of both worlds... not quite as nice as an incan, but nice...

Only problem is not enough voltage to give me 3 levels with the AW switch. But I can live with that.

Neale

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's go with it bored, I can always wrap them a bit so they don't rattle.
Neale

You can wrap the batteries with a few turns of paper to fill the gap.

N

naked2

Enlightened
Only problem is not enough voltage to give me 3 levels with the AW switch. But I can live with that.
Well if you're going to have two options at the business end (P91 and M30W), you might as well have two options at the tail as well; your stock Z41 with Softstart upgrade for incan, and something like a Z59 for the Malkoff, although there's less expensive options.

I have one of these G&P tailcaps, and it works perfectly with my M60 :thumbsup: (although it's hit-and-miss with other cheap Chinese dropins :shrug:). If you don't like strobe, you can replace the guts of the G&P tailcap with one of these two-stage switches, for a high/low option, or a forward clicky for momentary operation. BTW, since the G&P switch is electronic, it also works as a poor man's "soft start" for high-powered incans! :devil:

To start, on my "Body by Will", I'll be using my M60, and my G&P tailcap (I also like how its hex shape matches a SF bezel! :)) with a JetBeam forward clicky that I modified to fit, and play around from there! :D

Enjoy! :grin2:

nfetterly

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
Naked2, thanks for the great ideas - I've added the items to my lighthound cart. But what I'm wondering about now - is if I have 2 options at each end - I should have 2 bodies! That is something I need to thank about...

N

naked2

Enlightened
Naked2, thanks for the great ideas - I've added the items to my lighthound cart. But what I'm wondering about now - is if I have 2 options at each end - I should have 2 bodies! That is something I need to thank about...

CPF motto: Buy both! :devil:

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received 3 more bodies. These are open at this time..

G

gchand

Newly Enlightened
Hi Will,

My Koa body arrived yesterday, and what a fine work of art it is! I have configured it with a bezel and tailcap assembly from a Cabellas 6P clone that was on sale a year or so ago (bundled with a knife), along with a SolarForce type III LED module and an AW protected 18650 cell, and it works fine.

Incidently, for anyone looking for assembly parts, there is a group buy going on in the CPF Marketplace for the SolarForce L2M in varying colors/configurations.

Many thanks again for bringing these bodies!

George

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Will,

My Koa body arrived yesterday, and what a fine work of art it is! I have configured it with a bezel and tailcap assembly from a Cabellas 6P clone that was on sale a year or so ago (bundled with a knife), along with a SolarForce type III LED module and an AW protected 18650 cell, and it works fine.

Incidently, for anyone looking for assembly parts, there is a group buy going on in the CPF Marketplace for the SolarForce L2M in varying colors/configurations.

Many thanks again for bringing these bodies!

George

Thanks for the post here.

The L2M is a single cr123 body.

I did not see that and I ordered one from an ebay seller - Coming from Hong Kong, the shipping takes awhile.

G

gsegelk

Newly Enlightened
:wave:Thanks for sending the PM to let me know you've got a couple available. I spent the last 30 mins deciding which wood I would prefer! I decided to go with the burl if you have it available, although the ironwood was a close runner up.

PM me your PP info and I'll send you the $$. The total is $45 right? :thumbsup: Thanks!

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few more

from the left:

Sand body with Zircote wood
Amboyna Burl
Amboyna Burl
Koa
Extended body set for Surefire rechargeable battery, Macadamia wood

wood6P.jpg

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that one of those Burls is mine. Beautiful. That Sand body is nice too...

Neale
yes it is

paypal received - thanks

These will be in the mail tomorrow - Tuesday..

W

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last few are in the mail now...

Last edited:

Latest posts