• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S Exotic Wood Body for Surefire 6P

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds great! What do you mean by 'I've already dry fit the cap and bezel'? Do I need to do this for mine?

The body is the same as the Surefire 6P, they are interchangable. Unscrew the head and tail, screw them on the new body - you are good to go..

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Sounds great! What do you mean by 'I've already dry fit the cap and bezel'? Do I need to do this for mine?

"Dry fit" is a term used in testing parts before final assembly. Dry means sans lube and the fit refers to testing the parts to see how they are going look/function together. Dry also implies lack of O-rings/gaskets. Because of spec changes through the years Surefire 6P's have slightly different measurements for all their parts. Since I ordered a bored out body, that will necessitate me fabricating a custom copper insert to ensure a perfect fit for Gene's LED module. I'm actually considering going with a Lumens Factory D26 R2WD select tint now that I'm pondering things today. Even using the LF D-26, I'll still need to fabricate a bushing. I hate the fact that it is not dark outside so that I can do some tests! Will provided a washer and a note explaining what to do. He also mentioned this in his first post. I'm just 'a little' sick in the head and like to do things the hard way. You'll be fine.

*edit* oops, I replied before I saw the last page. Hope this helps anyway.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you look at the Surefire head area, the bottom inside has a taper that gets narrow as it gets to where the battery is. The Solarforce body is a straight cut. The Surefire lamp assembly uses a large spring on the outside which will make contact to the Surefire body in this tapered area. Replacement assemblies from other manufacturers have a larger diameter spring. If you put a replacement LED module in the Surefire body, the head assembly will not screw all the way down unless you remove the larger outside spring. Conversely, using a standard Surefire lamp assemble in the Solarforce body requires that the large spring be bent out a little, really just a little bit, to make contact. I made an aluminum washer and sent that along with any bored out bodies.

I spent some time with this problem as the dimensions on the two bodies 'look' to be the same. My calipers do not go that far down into the tapered area to measure, measuring at the top the areas are the same.

Last edited:

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Delivery USPS.

All the US bodies have been delivered according to the post office..

ramplit

Newly Enlightened
Just got home to see all three sitting here. Each one has a completely different look. The depth in the Koa is amazing, the contrast of the Desert Ironwood is strong and patterns in the Amboyna Burl are almost alien. Nicely done. They are beautiful. Thank you! :cool:

gchand

Newly Enlightened
Hi Will,

If you are going to make any more of these, I would be interested in a Koa body, bored out to 18650 diameter. If Koa is not available, any of the other woods would be fine.

Many thanks!

George

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Will,

If you are going to make any more of these, I would be interested in a Koa body, bored out to 18650 diameter. If Koa is not available, any of the other woods would be fine.

Many thanks!

George

I have one more open body here, I'll start on that for you.

Koa with 18650 body

gchand

Newly Enlightened
I have one more open body here, I'll start on that for you.

Koa with 18650 body

Will,

Wow, that was a quick response - let me know when/where to send payment.

I'll not be able to log in to CPF on Thursday or Friday, so may be a bit tardy in any responses.

Thanks!

George

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Will. PM me your PP. :popcorn:

BTW, I scored a whole collection of NASCAR and Flame Mini-mags on eBay. I'm waiting for them to come and then I'll post pics.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
gchand and sunspot

I have the bodies assembled with the wood. now - I have to wait at least 12 hours for the glue to harden..

I have one Desert Ironwood wood bank and one Amboyna Burl wood blank ready to go, I just have one body here right now ( more on order )

any other interest???

HDCharlie

Newly Enlightened
Hi Will, how about the Amboyna Burl in 18650? Let me know and I'll get PayPal on the way. :twothumbs

gchand and sunspot

I have the bodies assembled with the wood. now - I have to wait at least 12 hours for the glue to harden..

I have one Desert Ironwood wood bank and one Amboyna Burl wood blank ready to go, I just have one body here right now ( more on order )

any other interest???

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
These three are finished and packed, ready to mailed today. ( IN THE MAIL NOW )
(Dana - the 'O' rings are in a small envelope inside the box,

I also included a washer for the bored out bodies.

I like to see the lathe after it has been used. This is after some of the other work I have been doing. lots of aluminum chips.. I did vacuum up the wood earlier. I have this set up on my radial arm saw table. I move it around when I need space. That is one nice thing about the mini-lathe.

three-3.jpg

Last edited: