• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Fall "standing wave" of Haikus

pockets

Newly Enlightened
email sent for 1 Haiku :) Thank You! (my first McGizmo)

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
BB Haiku is definetely a keeper, each of my McGizmos is a keeper! I consider my collection complete by now, I won't look out for older models, but I'm open for the future. New lights bring new usage for a flashaholic! :crazy:
My collection will be complete when I get an XR19 head to use with the PD Pak that recently got relieved of duty by the C-Pak I just bought. It never ends, it goes on and on...

Crash

Enlightened
half New Orleans, half Baton Rouge, Louisiana
fyrstormer,

Alas, you kid yourself. I thought the same way. I aquired a XR19 head with one of the original clicky paks. Then I saw an AlTiN XR19 head with a matching PD body. And I thought " I'll be finished after I get this beautiful light." And then I saw ...

And so it goes. You probably wouldn't be a member here if your last light satisfied you. The first step is admitting that you're a flashaholic. It doesn't change anything it is just the first step.

Crash

pockets

Newly Enlightened
I received my Haiku today. I love it! The levels cover most any use, it looks great and fits perfectly in my pocket. I have a couple of 130 lumen lights and the Haiku on high makes them look sad. I haven't had it in my pocket much because I can't quit looking at it. Now I never need another light, but you know that beam on the XR-U looks mighty tempting. :D Thank You Don!!

Last edited:

jblackwood

Enlightened
I hear a lot of Haiku owners lauding the tint on their lights. You don't get explicitely neutral or warm emitters on these lights, do you, Don? I was sure I read something about how you don't do that. Thanks.

fyrstormer

Banned
fyrstormer,

Alas, you kid yourself. I thought the same way. I aquired a XR19 head with one of the original clicky paks. Then I saw an AlTiN XR19 head with a matching PD body. And I thought " I'll be finished after I get this beautiful light." And then I saw ...

And so it goes. You probably wouldn't be a member here if your last light satisfied you. The first step is admitting that you're a flashaholic. It doesn't change anything it is just the first step.

Crash
Heh. Well, my XR19 is on its way, so we'll see.

Oh, and I just bought an original McLux and an Aleph 1 head to put on it. :D And an S27 would be nice, but I have to be honest, I'd never actually use it. I like lights I can carry with me so I can enjoy them at all times.

SOMEBODY BUY ANOTHER HAIKU! Don's gotta feed his family, you know. Think of the children.

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the confirmation! I was feeling a bit guilty, what with Christmas coming. As I told Don, and 'early Christmas present to myself'....

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Oh, I did many early christmas presents to myself already, one of them was a BB Haiku! :grin2:

I felt guilty a little while later though, because as it seemed I really wanted to make a present out of it, I hadn't paid for the light!!! :whoopin: Something must have gone wrong with the paypal transaction and I didn't notice, whatever, I hadn't paid, that was a fact. I immediately did when I got to know my omission, but such things musn't happen! :tsk:

So, we all can learn from my mistake that you should check your paypal transactions. I found no confirmation mail, so I should have noticed at once that something went wrong...

I had to write this down here, I'm feeling better now! I just feel guilty again, in the way you did, because 2 days ago I got another custom light (not a McGizmo) which cost about the last loose money I found in each corner and I'm not happy with the light! That has only happened to me once until now, that light cost 5 times less and within 3 days I would have given my other lights away to keep it! :huh:

BB Haiku is great though. It is much brighter than I supposed it to be, I can't discern any PWM flickering neither on medium nor on low, the optic of the light is awesome and it feels great in hands (the normal Haiku should even have a better touch). What's more, the levels are well chosen and the operation of the clicky is neat. I installed a red lanyard, looks sharp! I install a lanyard on each McGizmo, I stick the paracord through the hole of the clip and make two turn around the light. It can be a little pain to get the other end of the lanyard through the hole with two turns of paracord, but it sits tight and secure, won't harm the light and isn't in the way to operate the switch (or the piston). :)

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Ordered Thursday afternoon - arrived today (Monday). That's only 3 days from Hawaii to northern Virginia. Wow.

The light is beautiful, and came well packaged. I will have to post some photos and maybe even a beamshot or two later, but for now this thing has found its way into my pocket and will probably stay there!

GREAT JOB- Thank you!

:twothumbs

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I did many early christmas presents to myself already, one of them was a BB Haiku! :grin2:
I installed a red lanyard, looks sharp! I install a lanyard on each McGizmo, I stick the paracord through the hole of the clip and make two turn around the light. It can be a little pain to get the other end of the lanyard through the hole with two turns of paracord, but it sits tight and secure, won't harm the light and isn't in the way to operate the switch (or the piston). :)

Could you post a photo of your Haiku with the lanyard? I am interested in doing that myself....I'd hate to drop it on the sidewalk - I like to tether my lights to my wrist when walking.

Thanks!