Favorite flashlight 2019 thread

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...hat-was-your-favorite-best-flashlight-of-2018
Here's the last few years as well.

Mine this year was not a 2019 model, but was new to me.
- The Elzetta Bravo with hi/lo tailcap. Add a speed clip and lanyard and have a 2 setting centrifugal object with a very useable low setting.
- Runner up was an oldy but goody Kroll switched MD2 hi/lo with an M61NL. It was surprise to even find one, much less with my favorite module from Malkoff.
- Final podium spot was an upgraded Maglite classic 2D LED with a nearly high setting which dramatically increases runtime. 53000+ candella on high. 213 lumens for about 15+ hours and a low that's about 125 lumens for about 125+ hours.

I did not add any incan lights to the museum this year.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Supporter
My favorite flashlight of 2019 is the Imalent R90TS, because I waited 2.5 years for something to succeed the Acebam X65, and R90TS did so with almost the same throw, but much more lumens for a power thrower with a thrilling beam profile and beam performance. Think X65 beam, but moderately wider, not too much wider.

My runner up is Acebeam K75, because it is a dedicated throw champ, with ample lumens and ample beam width. It is thrilling to behold the beam performance, with outer limits targets illuminated nicely in amount of light and diameter of hotspot.

My final podium spot is Imalent MS18, because the small room ceiling bounce is screamingly insane. Currently, the King of flood.

The summer of 2019 was very good to the Kings of power throw, dedicated throw and flood.

2019 is not over yet, so when I get my MMU-X3, 3 x XHP50.2, approximately 6,500 lumens, maybe it will make my fav, ru, or fps spot for 2019.

Eicca

Newly Enlightened
None of mine are 2019 models but they were acquired this year.

Favorite for me is the Fenix PD25. Perfect EDC light, 550 lumens peak when needed, and came with a USB-rechargeable 16340. I sent one to my cousin as an early Christmas gift.

Tied for second favorite are my Fenix PD35 v2.0 and NiteCore SRT7GT. The Fenix takes the cake for simplicity and dependability, but the NiteCore has that awesome magnetic control ring.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Interesting thread here !

lovecpf

2019 was the year I first discovered
Reylight Pineapple 1xAA flashlights !

First bought one in Brass,
from Amazon, and was VERY impressed !

So when I learned Reylight website had
Copper available (in China), I ordered one.

Totally LOVE them BOTH ! ! !

I chose Nichia 219C emitters,
for their High CRI. Beautiful !

Really like the fact that I can Program it
for Memory, or No Memory !

:thumbsup:
_

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My surprise of the year was a Streamlight 1L-!AA.
I don't really stray away from Malkoff, HDS, Peak or OR, so to find a light that's pretty robust and simple, with the added bonus of taking a variety of cell sizes has perked me up no end.
I oredered it from Amazon.com as there were none on the UK site, and it arrived in four days! I was a bit worried about the rip off ones, but it's also genuine.
Very good value for the price, although a less icy beam would be good.
P

Vemice

Enlightened
Also not new this year but new to me was the Synergy1. Very impressed with how comfortable in the hand it is and the build quality.
5YWI8Vrl.jpg

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it is FW3a. High performing budget light. Was hesitant at first but picked one up practically new on the forums for $25. Can’t beat that.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Hard to choose but mine would be my FW3T or Reylight Ti Dawn. The FW3T definitely is the better performer and more usable UI but the Dawn is just so beautiful to look at and has a better feel in the hand.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
The original MD2 with the kroll is a personal favorite of mine,glad to know you enjoy yours bykfixer! As far as my favorites the number one choice is easy!

• Malkoff MDC 1X123 body+VME head+M31 219B,finally put one together!
  • The Malkoff M31 219B LLL is probably number two.I used a Solarforce L2M in single cell configuration for the host.The LLL gives me a long running light that seems to have better output than the rating suggests.The M31 can also go the 2AA route if need be.
  • I will go with the Olight i3T as number three. I like neutral the best but the cool tint of the i3T is pretty nice as far cool whites go.The simple low/high operation is a relief.Not the smallest AAA but the size is just right for me to clip in my pocket for a minimalist EDC.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...the light that I used the most in 2019 is, embarrassingly enough, a NexTorch GT6A ($8 from illumn.com) with a Malkoff M61WLL in it. It's a no-frills single-mode beater that just works.

But my favorite light is still my HDS Hi-CRI Executive Clicky that I purchased in 2008. Amazing flashlight.

--flatline

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Hmm...the light that I used the most in 2019 is, embarrassingly enough, a NexTorch GT6A ($8 from illumn.com) with a Malkoff M61WLL in it. It's a no-frills single-mode beater that just works.

But my favorite light is still my HDS Hi-CRI Executive Clicky that I purchased in 2008. Amazing flashlight.

--flatline

That Nextorch is a killer deal for any of the M61 low power drop-ins! Pretty nice as an incan in it's own right as well.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
No kidding! The reverse clicky also plays nicely with the M361, but Malkoff's site warns against running more than 5 minutes on high in a plastic head due to heat concerns.

--flatline

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I spent the last year going through a purchasing some 4Sevens prototypes period. Upon seeing the entire collection, my pastor remarked - "OH! You do have a problem." :lolsign:
Non-flashaholics just don't get it. But since he brought beer and Pistachios I let him stay. :)

xN2AX0x.jpg

Top row
Brass Preon P2
Quark AAx2
Maelstrom 123x2
Titanium Preon P2
Titanium Preon P1
Paladins
Toxic Green Preon P2 Pen Light

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Out of curiosity CG, why do you stick so specifically to the 47s lights? What is it about that brand that keeps you so loyal to just them? I see some other brands in your lineup, but there are very few of them. Just curious. Been wondering for a while.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm...the light that I used the most in 2019 is, embarrassingly enough, a NexTorch GT6A ($8 from illumn.com) with a Malkoff M61WLL in it. It's a no-frills single-mode beater that just works...

Nothing embarrassing about that. Helluva light for $8! I am actually pretty thrilled with its performance off a single 18650. Never tried an incan P60 like that before, dunno if SF would work as well but this one is a champ! If I didn't have so many high CRI LED options now it would almost certainly be my go-to light around the house.

Charlie Hustle

Newly Enlightened
No specific order:

Emisar D4V2 with XP-L HI V3 5000K SS Bezel Magnet Tailcap 10622 Optic

Jetusolis Ultra High CRI AAA EDC P9 4KK/5KK

Lumintop EDC 18 XP-L HI 5KK Green Bunny

Emisar D18 XP-L HI 5KK

bignc

Enlightened
My favorite is a drop in.... Lol. No surprise to some- Malkoff m91bn 5000k from the group buy. #14\16 and "I like it with one cell and I like it with two cells. I like it in the md2 or 4 and would like it in the md3 but have none." Dr Seuss - probably.