Wurkkos

Favorite Incan and led light

InvisibleFrodo

+1 on the K2 LFPs being super flat on the charge curve. They’re also very robust and can take abusive charge/discharge cycles. A charger that takes them up to 4.2 volts is technically overcharging them, and it’s like they just don’t care.

fivemega

CPF Supporter
Last edited:

vicv

Interesting that they put a buck/boost driver in it. Since it is a two primary cell light there's no need to have a boost circuit. That is excellent though

Olumin

CPF Supporter
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/v...-By-FIVEMEGA&p=4286960&viewfull=1#post4286960

This is tail current of single mode Fury with different batteries or voltage.
As you see, lower voltage takes higher current as far as regulator can componsate total power (Voltage x Ampere) to LED
When power is within the range, regulation is acceptable and good.

Thanks very much for that info. I had noticed that indeed the brightness is the same whether I use CR123 or 16650, but its great to know that it stays in regulation regardless. Makes me appreciate the Fury even more.

UFO

Incan: Streamlight Scorpion
LED: Streamlight Stinger: Standard/HL/HPL

konifans

CPF Supporter
My favorite incans are mostly Kel-Lite and Maglite... if I have to choose one only that will be the little Kel-Lite 2C.
As for LED light... no I do not like LED...

DSC_7607.jpg

DSC_9472.jpg

DSC_8972.jpg

DSC_4483.jpg

bykfixer

CPF Supporter
In the vein of post 26 I can honestly say 2 favorites, one being incan and the other LED would be the 2C Kel-Lite.

6-D004938-9-BEE-4-F7-B-BE9-C-CA321-F3-EDE43.jpg
Left with a Maglite PR xenon
Right Kel-Lite LED drop in prototype #11 of 14

325addict

CPF Supporter
My favorite incan light must be the FiveMega "Megalennium" 3S 18650. Add a standard SF M6 head, a WA1166 bulb if I remember correctly and of course a FM MN to bipin-adapter and you're ready to go!
My favorite LED flashlight? I don't have a favorite LED flashlight. I can only say the "least disastrous" LED flashlight, and that has to be the Nitecore SRT7, due to the easy-to-use selector ring AND the ability to go down VERY low, way under 1 Lumen. That way, even a LED-light doesn't blind you at night with full adapted night vision. On the other hand, it can be blindingly bright with just a twist of the wrist... continuously variable output is quite rare.

vicv

The mag lite XL 200 is like that. It can go quite low too. I'm not sure if it's sublumen though. My convoy s2+ will though so that light is basically relegated to night time in the house