Favorite Shoes???????

iddibhai

Enlightened
do the treads (or what passes for tread) on the heel-less pumas wear out quick? i dont drag my feet but there doesnt appear to be much tread, in fact it look like a directional tire which is fine given the motorsports audience puma caters to (at least in their line which i would think about getting)

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Red Wing Irish Setter shoes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Red Wing Irish Setter leather boots for snowy days, and for daily casual wear the spectacular Red Wing Irish Setter Hawthorn Model #1884 hiking shoes: really comfortable, rugged iron-tough leather construction, and Gore-Tex lined to keep your feet dry no matter how wet the weather.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I've worn a pair of Reebock BB4600 into the ground. I get bitched at endlessly when I wear them.

For M-F workweek I wear a midrise lace boot (usually cheap Wallyworld - but had GREAT use out of Tom McChans(SP?) before K-Mart left our area) for about a year before the sides split, a quick lace eye breaks off, or the tread is worn away.

Recommend me something! Oh and I killed Redwings almost as fast when I used to wear 'em!

Skyline

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Samoan said:
Eccos ain't cheap. For the dressier styles $175 and up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Eccos are generally a bit more expensive than Rockports. The Casual Classics (Plain Toe, Apron, Slip On) were about $145, but they've since been discontinued. You can still find them occasionally on clearance for $100-$115 (I managed to find a second pair on clearance!). I've also recently got the Arlanda Tie (Goretex) style and it was $188. There's also a regular Arlanda Tie that is $168.

In comparison to my Rockports, I would guesstimate they weigh the same. My particular Rockports have the spongy sole though, and the Eccos use a lightweight grippy "rubber"...it seems to last much longer.

Here are the ones I wear for business casual. They product line ranges from trail to casual to business casual to business dress.

Ecco Casual Classic Plain Toe(discontinued)
12942-p.jpg

Ecco Arlanda Tie (Goretex)
36448-p.jpg

Delta_FHInX

Newly Enlightened
I have worn kswiss for a while. They are very confortable and last longer than any athletic shoes for my budget.

Draco_Americanus

Enlightened
hmm, mine are flip flops made by columbia, they are by far the best flip-flops I have. They absorb shocks better then most sandles and flip-flops that I have worn. I even go jogging in them, when it was warmer I would jog 2 miles a day in them.
I wear cheaper sperry deck shoes at work.
Other wise I hate shoes.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my former job, I stood/walked on painted concrete 12 hours per day for about 8 years. I used to always wear Rockport or Timberland chukka type shoes until my wife got a discount at Red Wing Shoes. I bought two pairs - one was similar to the chukka type shoes I used to wear and the other pair was more of a 'modern hiking' type short boot.

For sole wear, the Rockports/Timberlands used to last me a year at most, they either the soles were flat in the center and/or the lacings were coming undone. With the Red Wings, that simply has not happened. The shoes that I'm wearing this very momeny are the hiking type boots that I have worn an average of 5 days per week for 2.5 years. I'll take a picture of the soles later. The difference between these and Rockports is just unbelievable. Only other soles I've EVER had last a similar length of time were some Vic Airwalks I had when I skated.

For comfort... I never really had an issue with Rockports. I've used arch support inserts for a long time and most shoes are generally comfortable with the inserts including some $20 Brahma Walmart workboot specials.