FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GET TOGETHER October 3rd-6th 2013 NJ+ surroundingstates

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GET TOGETHER October 3rd-6th 2013 NJ+ surroundingst

My cousin, Mike, and I am planning to arrive Friday afternoon. We will be bringing some firewood.

Great! Looking forward to seeing you guys soon.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Re: FCW-10 / Flashlight & Camping GET TOGETHER October 3rd-6th 2013 NJ+ surroundingst

Sumna Beach

It looks like work has reared its ugly head, and I'll be lucky if I show up to visit.

:(

copperfox

Enlightened

My dad has been gracious enough to let me borrow his Mazda 3. The MR2 is just a little too small for this trip :lolsign:.

I'm bringing some enviro-logs and I'm going to try for 4pm arrival (so realistically it will be 5 or 6pm ;)).

310 miles here I come! :party: :sick2:

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

Have a safe trip!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

My dad has been gracious enough to let me borrow his Mazda 3. The MR2 is just a little too small for this trip :lolsign:.

I'm bringing some enviro-logs and I'm going to try for 4pm arrival (so realistically it will be 5 or 6pm ;)).
310 miles here I come! :party: :sick2:
Awesome, those logs will be very helpful. See you soon :)

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Well it depends on what weather report you look at, but it's likely Today (Friday) we will get a little rain. Good news is that it is going to be warm (about 70) today. The rest of the weekend and into Monday shows no rain. :) I'm leaving shortly to make the 2.5 hour drive - which should put me there about 12:00. See you all then --Tim

carrot

Flashaholic

I'm heading out... It'll be a bit longer of a drive for us. Shooting for 1 or 2, I should say.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher

Well it depends on what weather report you look at, but it's likely Today (Friday) we will get a little rain. Good news is that it is going to be warm (about 70) today. The rest of the weekend and into Monday shows no rain. :) I'm leaving shortly to make the 2.5 hour drive - which should put me there about 12:00. See you all then --Tim

It's raining AND windy...have a save trip, you guys

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

Weather is clear - tents are set up. On my way back with the baked ziti and sausage!! Plenty of room and time for more folks to show up....gonna be a good one!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter

Hope you guys have a fun and safe weekend, wish I could be there.
Take lots of pics !

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow!! Weather man - what a job, be wrong about the weather 90% of the time, and still get a pay check! LOL. Well after all the talk about rain and wind... Nothing but perfect camping weather! Literally perfect weather today :) no rain last night, and no rain forecast for the rest of our stay. All the lights from Dorcy and Energizer are a big hit. Campground is awesome. An astrology group is doing some kind of show tonight, which we will likely check out. And a night hike around the lake is likely too. Sandy's wife brought baked ziti, sausage, and brownies for all of us... Super yummy. Bill and Ike made a killer breakfast with bacon, eggs, and custom omelettes - again yummy! Of course tons of really cool lights to check out. Bummer I can't post pictures from my phone. But I'm taking a bunch and will post them when I get back. --Tim

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Supporter

I know I missed out on a great time again.:awman:..One of these days I have to make it to the campsite. Hope you all had fun! Can't wait to see some pics.

JohnnyMac

Newly Enlightened

So how cold was it this morning when you woke up, guys?

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast

What a great 2 days at the campout...amazing weather. Here is a photo of the goose neck light I received. It has a strong magnetic base. Base plate is under my hat....

IMG_3189.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I did not take any photos at the campout...some of the other guys did. This is just a test photo, it's been a long time since I posted a photo...

Everybody got 3 or 4 lights. Some of them were really amazing...

Carrot and his dad cooked up a ton of food....I don't know why I even bring any!

Later

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK..here are the other lights I got...Reviews another day

IMG_3164.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3169.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Dorcy headlamp...throws like a 100 lumen flashlight..nice

IMG_3161.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Energizer headlamp...not so good.
IMG_3173.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dorcy camp light...this thing is great!
IMG_3141.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

So how cold was it this morning when you woke up, guys?
- It was pretty cold overnight - 28 maybe - bottle of water left out overnight was frozen in the morning! But it warmed up quickly, and Stan and Mike made a bunch of great pancakes and bacon which warmed us right up!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Everyone - FCW-10 turned out to be great! The weather really worked out - just a little drizzle one night, but the remainder of the time it was really nice out (a bit cool on Sunday night). What a great group of guys, tons of great food, and wow - so many cool lights!! I'm a bit behind at work - after being out for two days, but as soon as I catch up I'll post a few pictures and elaborate a bit more on everything that went on. --Tim

Latest posts