FCW-13 Camping / Flashlight Get Together!

carrot

Flashaholic
Update: I'll be +5 instead of +3. My dad and his friend +2 are coming up Fri am and I'll be heading up +1 late Friday after work. Couldn't get off early :(

My flashlight game has been weak lately but I'll bring some cool production knives for you guys to see!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well it seems that we will have unseasonably warm temperatures this weekend. It looks like it will be 15-20 degrees cooler next weekend (which I would prefer) however, they are also calling for rain next weekend, and I'll take it a little warmer but dry for sure!

Well Tim. I'll just have to guess no one is in need since there's been no response.....I'll give the guy a call soon and tell him there hasn't been any out surge of interest....

Karl

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
First fire is in the ring
EnJfjd.jpg

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
That wood didn't come the easy way
Here's some photos kartracer31 took earlier today
Z68Q3D.jpg

f5tszB.jpg

lfXpFv.jpg

ftrpAL.jpg

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to put a damper on all the great festivities (and pics!)but, BE SURE TO CHECK YOURSELVES FOR TICKS!!!! Lyme Disease is prevalent in Pennsylvania and Deer Ticks spread it. If you've got it, use bug spray but check yourselves regardless.

Karl

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow we got a huge pile of lights from Dorcy to check out and some giveways for us all.

5yBap2.jpg

scout24

Flashaholic
Thank you to Dorcy for the freebies, Rogersully for the Olight deal, Carrot for bringing the Spyderco collection with a bunch I hadn't seen, Kartracer31 for arranging the event, and for the deal on my new restoration project... :twothumbs Nein166- Now I need a monster campfire starter! (That thing was cool! :thumbsup: ) Sledhead- Wish I could have stayed for the Lemax demo in the dark! The park was beautiful, and it was good to see you guys.

No date yet, but plan on a springtime gathering at my house if you guys are interested, hopefully late April/ early May.

Edit- Kartracer, that seven D cell antique works nicely! Tailcap is soaking, but with six cells and a paperclip, off to the races! Rheostat even works. Dim, down to really dim. :cool:

Last edited:

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
Scout24, thank you for your help with the HDS programming!

Thanks to the group for your hospitality for the day trippers. It was good to see you all again. Looking forward to the next get together.

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a great time at the campout. Saw lots of old friends. I got a really great Dorcy light. And wanted to show some photos of the light, but can't figure it out.

The Dorcy 6 volt pro is 840 lumens on high, and has a perfect beam. Strong center spot, and smooth even spill that blends nicely into the center spot. It uses 2 cr123 batteries, but I tried a 17670 and it works great. I can't tell any difference between the batteries. The light comes with a warning not to run on high for more than 10 minutes, as it does get very hot. 840 lumens out of a small light will do that!
The low is 60 lumens, and if great for inside use. Dorcy keeps getting better as the years go on. They won't replace the high end lights, but are a great option for those on a budget, or want something for family and friends who don't need the high priced lights.

I also posted a review on the Dorcy website.

Bill Whiskeyman

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! What a great weekend get together! The weather was unseasonably warm during the day, but it cooled off quickly once the sun went down, and the nights were nearly perfect. And not a drop of rain!

It was great to see everyone again, and to meet some new friends as well.

As per everyone's feedback, the campground was nice, and worked out very well for our needs.

Special thanks to Dorcy / Life+Gear who provided us many lights to check out - and something for everyone to go home with.

Also, much thanks to those who helped me out by purchasing some if my personal collection. I'm happy that many of my lights went to new homes.

Im already looking forward to planning the next FCW / FSM! Stay tuned for more info. :) --Tim

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
complete disaster. as usual, I didn't sell one light. I did trade one, got a few for free. one got repaired, and came home with a dollar in my pocket since I bought 6 lights while I was there. got fed plenty, though, and didn't bring home any ticks. thanks to everyone for keeping me out of trouble

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
complete disaster. as usual, I didn't sell one light. I did trade one, got a few for free. one got repaired, and came home with a dollar in my pocket since I bought 6 lights while I was there. got fed plenty, though, and didn't bring home any ticks. thanks to everyone for keeping me out of trouble

LOL - well at least you found that charger you thought you lost. :)