FCW #18 Nov. 4th-6th Swartswood State Park, NJ

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
FCW #18 - A Flashaholic Get Together in NJ - Nov. 4th, 5th, 6th.

FCW#18 - A flashlight enthusiast get together! November 4th-6th 2022 At Swartswood State Park located in NJ.

For the past few years we have been combining the FCW (Flashaholics Camping Weekend) and the FSM (Flashaholics Swap Meet) as well as a general GT (Get Together). It is time to shorten the name... FCW/SM/GT#18 is just too long! LOL Since the event is based around a camping weekend, I've decided to keep the original FCW name. And of course the #18 represents that this is the 18th such event. However, just to be clear, this isn't just for overnight campers - all are welcome. Read on...

FCW18 Is a 3 day/2night camping trip / swap meet to buy-sell-swap lights, knives, and other cool stuff / as well as a general get together where people can come for the day, stay the night, or just join us for however long there can, and enjoy the company of other like minded individuals who share the same interests.

New location! This year we are trying something different, as someplace different. Swartswood State park has some cabins as well as regular tent sites and also sites for campers and RV's. Our "main area" will be based around the cabin sites this year. With only 6 cabins available, they were all spoken for quickly, however there are plenty of tent sites and camper/RV sites available - and of course there is plenty of room for anyone who just wants to come up for the day... and stay into the evening.

No matter what location we pick it will be a long ride for someone to get to, and no matter what date we pick it will be good/bad for someone. So I apologize for any inconveniences, and I hope that everyone can make the time to make the journey, and join us for what is sure to be a great time.

I'll try to reach out to the usual "regulars" that have participated in previous FCWs, PFs, and FSMs - but PLEASE HELP OUT AND SPREAD THE WORD about FCW18. These get together threads seem to be missed quite often. Anyone who isn't a jerk is welcome to come.

A quick word about being "jerky" If you want to get drunk and stay up all night disturbing other campers by being loud and obnoxious, and leave beer bottles all over the campsite, please don't come. If you want to stay up all night trying not to disturb other campers with super bright flashlights, please do come. :)

THINGS TO BRING: Your lights to sell / money to buy lights from others / a chair / a table if you need one to display your lights / something to eat or drink for yourself, or for others. Firewood for the campfire is always appreciated.

Come to BUY, come to SELL, come to TRADE, come to CHECK OUT OTHER LIGHTS, come to SHOW OFF YOUR LIGHTS, come to JUST HANG OUT WITH FELLOW FLASHLIGHT ENTHUSIASTS!

If you are planning on attending please let me know.

I hope to see you all there! --Tim (KartRacer31)

Stan671

Enlightened
Each cabin has 4 bunks inside and a wood-burning stove. No tents outside are allowed. Check in time is 3 pm and check out is noon.
Swartswwod Lake Cabin.jpg

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't seen you in forever Sandy! Looking forward to catching up.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
HI Everyone,

Well we are getting close to FCW#18! Less than a week away! The weather forecast looks great with daytime temps in the mid-to-upper 60's, and night time temps in the upper 40's - and dare I say it... No rain in the forcast!! Well it is a week out, and anything can change, but so far so good! Pretty much perfect camping weather!

Several people has asked about just coming up for the day, and yes, of course you are welcome.

Many of you have contacted me offline - but for those of you I haven't spoken with recently - or as a reminder - don't forget to bring a chair if you plan on sitting around the campfire, and if you do plan on enjoying the campfire please plan on feeding it some wood. I just called and confirmed that the campground office does have plenty of wood for sale.

Don't forget to bring lights, knives and other stuff you want to "show & tell". And don't forget to bring the ones you want to sell or trade!

Having stayed in these cabins before I can say that the bunk-bed mattresses are rather uncomfortable... unless you like sleeping a something just a little softer than a rock. So I suggest bringing whatever you have to add a little comfort on top of the mattress.

For those of you who are staying in your campers or tents - the cabin area is just a few minute walk from your area.

The cabin area has a small bathroom facility with flush toilets - and the camping area has a larger bathroom facility with flush toilets and hot showers.

There is no real "activity" schedule for FCW #18, however several of you have asked about taking a night hike, which sounds like fun! There are several easy trails for a nice night hike. So don't forget a flashlight! ;)

Looking forward to seeing you all there! --Tim (AKA KartRacer31)

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
I am checking into Cabin #6 Thursday afternoon/evening. Betsy might be coming along and staying in my cabin also.

I am going to be bringing a few bundles of firewood and more is available in the office. Let's have a great campfire!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
I plan on getting there sometime Friday afternoon,
checking into Cabin #2.

Other than those already mentioned, any updates on who else is coming?

Count me in for extra campfire wood 😁

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Ray, a few others have said they will likely show up. The weather is looking perfect! It may be 70 degrees on Saturday! See you soon. :)