FCW-2 / Camping Get Together (NJ, PA, NY, CT + area)

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
party.gif

FCW-2 is the 2nd Flashaholics Camping Weekend, which is open to anyone who would like to attend!

Well, despite the kinda crappy weather during the first FCW, everyone had a blast, and before it was even over it was decided that we should do it again! And so, I bring you the details of FCW-2!

WHO: Anyone/everyone is invited to attend.
grouphug.gif
And yes, your wife, girlfriend, kids, neighbors, and friends are all invited too, but sorry, no pets. (However if you have a wife and a girlfriend you should only bring one or the other). LOL :grin2:

WHEN: May 17th - 20th, 2007. Yes, it's been extended this time, starting on Thursday night and going until Sunday afternoon. Mid May is a good time for camping, it's cool enough to enjoy a campfire, and less buggy than the summer months, and that weekend was also chosen due to it's proximity to a new moon, meaning it should be extra dark out!

au.gif
So three nights, or if you can only make it for one or two that's fine, or if you don't want to stay over night, then you can come and hang out, stay for some campfire cooked hot dogs, and leave whenever.

WHERE: The reactions to the choice of Hickory Run State Park in PA for FCW-1 was that it was an excellent choice for the venue, and so FCW-2 will take place there as well. Here is a link to there website:
http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/statepa...hickoryrun.aspx

COST:
broke.gif
The cost will be only $12 per person for the whole weekend! Everyone would be responsible for there own food/drink.

EQUIPEMENT:
icon3.gif
If you don't have a tent you can get one on sale at Wal-Mart for $29.99, or buddy up with someone who has a tent. And of course you'll need to bring a flashlight! Bring your own food and drink, and everything you will need to spend a few nights out in the woods. Nothing will be provided. The $12 secures the reservation and payment of the camp sites.

WHAT IF I FORGET SOMETHING:
drool.gif
There is a small "general store" located at within the park. They sell everything from ice cream to toilet paper there.

SPEAKING OF TOILET PAPER:
cool.gif
, Don't worry they do have clean modern flush toilet bathrooms with running water within walking distance to our campsites.

CEL PHONES: Yes, cel phones work fine from the camp sites.
WHAT TO DO:
popcorn.gif
Well along with the usual camping agenda of relaxing by a campfire, roasting marshmallows, etc. This location has a natural landmark called Boulder Field which is very cool, and there is a mini waterfall a short hike into the woods. Along with the dense woods, their are also large open fields with distant tree lines, and plenty of darkness to test throw of lights. And I'm guessing a hike into the woods one night sounds like fun!

:twothumbs At FCW-1 I arranged with some venders to provide some giveaways and some raffle items, and everyone went home with something,:grin2: a few went home with some nice new lights! I'll see what I can come up with for FCW-2. Also a few attendees brought giveaways, which everyone appreciated.

:drunk: Hickory Run is a state park, and therefore there is no alcohol allowed... officially. So, if you really want a drink, please do it very discreetly, and just know that if the park ranger does catch you, you he will ticket you and ask you to leave the park.
:whoopin:

For a whole bunch more information and some pictures from FCW-1, check out this link
subscribed.gif
Camping Get Together (NJ, PA, NY, CT area) to the FCW-1 thread.

:caution: Please note that space is limited, and to assure your reservation you need to send me the $12 per person ASAP. Please do so by sending me a PM here on CPF, and I will PM you back with my address so that you can send me the $12 and assure your spot for what will surely be an awesome weekend!

If you can't wait until May for FCW-2 for your flashlight fix, check out PF8 (Photon Fest 8)... here is a link to a post all about it...
subscribed.gif
PF8 Flashaholic Get Together: NJ, NY, PA, CT Area +

Please post your interest below in attending FCW-2. --Tim (KartRacer31)

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
AnimalHousePA said:
Tim,

I'm in for the campout. Good thing it will be warmer this time than it was at the last campout! :) I'll PM you for payment info...Jim
Allow me to announce my attendance to the campout, second only to my loyal, devoted friend animalhousepa. :whistle:

I MUST attend this one.....dead or alive.....since I invested about $300 in camping gear for the first campout (Sept. 29, 2006) to which I did not attend due to lousy weather.

Thanks for arranging this one so far in advance, Tim.

Jeff

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
My pleasure Jeff, I know everyone really enjoyed themselves last time, despite the crapy weather. This time around, with good weather it should be an awesome time!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
A friend of mine has a tent that he is willing to sell really cheap to anyone who needs it. It's a Coleman SunDowner II, 2 person dome tent. It's a few years old, but in very good shape. It comes complete with rain fly, fiberglass shock corded collapsiable polls, stakes, etc, etc, everything. It does have a slight musty sent from sitting unused in my friends basement for a few years, however I would guess that would go away if you air it out overnight. He only wants $15 for it! I will bring it with me to the PF8 get together. The first I want it with the $15 gets it. :grin2: --Tim

Last edited:

Gimpy00Wang

b0rk, b0rk, b0rk
I guess I should _really_ go this time around. I keep saying I'll go and want to go, but something always comes up. I'm gonna try really hard this time. :)

- Chris

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
broke.gif
OK... It's time for the official list of who has a confirmed spot for the camping trip! As a reminder, there are only 25 spots left! I'll continually update this list as I continue to receive funds from everyone, and I'll note if there are multiple people in there group. When you send me the money, please make a note of your CPF name so it's easy for me to figure out who you are. Thanks -Tim

As of 1/12/07

Kartracer31 - 1
AnimalhousePA - 1
Luxlover - 1
gimpyoowang -1
rfollwe1 - 1

Last edited:

luxlover

Banned
KartRacer31 said:
broke.gif
OK... It's time for the official list of who has a confirmed spot for the camping trip! As a reminder, there are only 25 spots left! I'll continually update this list as I continue to receive funds from everyone, and I'll note if there are multiple people in there group. When you send me the money, please make a note of your CPF name so it's easy for me to figure out who you are. Thanks -Tim

As of 1/12/07......

Kartracer31 - 1
AnimalhousePA - 1 (awaiting funds)
Luxlover - 1 (awaiting funds)
gimpyoowang -1
rfollwe1 - 1
Tim,
I sent you a pm with the names of NJ, NY, PA, and CT located CPF members who have registered since your 10/2/06 announcement post for PF7. This may provide us with a few more new attendees at PF8 than were present at the other PF gatherings.

Jeff

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN GOING, PLEASE RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW BY SENDING ME THE $12 PAYMENT FOR THE WHOLE WEEKEND!
broke.gif

As of 1/17/07

Kartracer31 - 1
AnimalhousePA - 1
Luxlover - 1
gimpyoowang -1
rfollwe1 - 1

TOB9595

Enlightened
Thanks for the heads up, Kartracer!!!

I'll be there.
I'll contact you re payment info.

I REALLY enjoyed the first campout.
Tom

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Tom, Glad you can make it, looking forward to seeing you again! This trip should be even better than the first!

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK... 24 spots left as of 1/27/07

Kartracer31 - 1
AnimalhousePA - 1
Luxlover - 1
gimpyoowang -1
rfollwe1 - 1
tob9595 - 1

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Down to 20 spots left as of 3/2/07

Kartracer31 - 1
AnimalhousePA - 1
Luxlover - 1
gimpyoowang -1
rfollwe1 - 1
tob9595 - 1
Data - 4

Last edited:

Stan671

Enlightened
Hey, this flashlight/camping weekend sounds like a blast.

I am going to see if I can make it. I have a friend that may be interested also. We might bring our two sons that are ages 15 and 16. Are there going to be any others in that age range attending?

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only 18 spots left as of 3/22/07, and they are going to go fast with PF8 coming up!

Kartracer31 - 1
AnimalhousePA - 1
Luxlover - 1
gimpyoowang -1
rfollwe1 - 1
tob9595 - 1
Data - 4
lasercrazy 2

Last edited:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Stan671, Last year we had people of all ages, ranging from about 10yrs old up. (and I'll just leave it at up so that I don't offend any of us oldies! LOL) You, your friend and your sons are more than welcome. --Tim

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim I'll be coming, and My friend Doug with his 8 yr old boy.....

Would like to give you the money at PF8....

Only staying Friday and Sat night. Bill W.