FCW-2 / Camping Get Together (NJ, PA, NY, CT + area)

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
so, who's got an internet phone at the campsite?,
what's the weather like now?
its dreary here now, overcast and chilly.
will get here around 8 pm.
may not pitch a tent if there is any threat of rain.
will probably sleep in the car like the last time.

teststrips

Enlightened
bunch more people showed up today.. I don't have a count, but at least 20 to 25 people are here.. there are 3 boxes with givaways + there are some amazing lights there. I've been busy taking notes on lights I'll be looking to buy as funds permit. I forgot my usb cable, or I'd send out some pics.

Weather today was pretty good.. a little cool, but it only drizzled a few times on us.. no major rain after 11am. I'm having a blast.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
well, the raffle went well, got a gerber flashlight, inova, and a streamlight, reviews to follow when I get home tomorrow, and some batteries.

bruner

Enlightened
What a nice visit!

It was so cool to meet you all. I was thrilled to see/handle some of your flashlights that I have only ever seen on my computer screen up until now.

I'm a bit shy around people I don't know, but I thought you were all very friendly and I can't wait till the next get together. Wish the wife and I could have camped with you tonight, but Laura had some work to do. She's a court reporter and it seems thier work is never done... She was happy that I got to meet you all though and looks forward to the next time
smile.gif

Thanks KartRacer31 for organizing this. What a great place! I've told my EDCF buddies about it and I can only hope to organize such an event myself someday.

Only took a few photos, as I was new there and didn't want to be a nuisance...

The funniest part of this adventure for me was talking with Data. He handed me a SPY 05 and my imediate response was "ooh, ooh, you have one of those!!!", his response was "yeah, I make them"...

lolsign.gif

Man, as far as CPF goes, I am way out of the loop... I've just been too busy with EDCF. He was a nice guy though and didn't point out my ignorance.

smile.gif

I thought today was just awsome! Flashlights, green lasers (thanks lasercrazy, never thought I would see one of those) and good people!

And, on another note, the weather was very kind to us today. Only drizzled a bit. Hope it's still nice there tonight.

Thanks guys/gals,
See you next time!

Dan

TOB9595

Enlightened
WOW!!! I got home just a wee bit ago ...
WHAT A FINE TIME...

Camping with youse folk was VERY cool.

Weather was with us and what a VERY fine turnout of nice folk!!
I'm babbling and tired

Tom

AnimalHousePA

Enlightened
I had an awesome time and it was good to see everyone again and also to meet a few new folks. :) The raffle was really cool and thanks again to all the vendors that donated lights, etc. to the drawing! I'd like to thank Tim (KartRacer31) for another outstanding campout! Without his hard work and planning, none of this would have been possible. :goodjob:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got back about 3 pm..and am finally ready to post some photos. I took quite a few more than I'll post- so If you would like me to e-mail any I have of you or family- PM me and give me an e-mail address and I'll send any I have to you. Two batches : just in case I get mixed up.

CPF07.jpg

Tom showing Tim and Dan how his electric sharpner works. Notice shameless ad for one of our great sponsors!

CPF08.jpg

Chad run his electric rock climbing truck .
CPF09.jpg

Tim looking at one of Dan's swords.
CPF10.jpg

Playing frisbee...I took 10 photos....this is a close as it got!

CPF11.jpg

Last edited:

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a second batch of photos: Notice all of the different activities that the members came up with.

Remote control trucks.
Custom knives
Swords
Soft air pellets guns
Rock climbing
Frisbee
Baseball Throwing
Football Throwing
Riding the Segway ( no picture..night rides)
Hiking
Anything else? OH, yes--Flashlight Demos!

All ready on the firing line!!! Air guns blazing!
CPF12.jpg

CPF13.jpg

Tom and Jim enjoying a fine cigar.
CPF14.jpg

Here is the table full of Goodies- supplied by many generous sponsors Great photo of Kartracer overlooking everything!
CPF15.jpg

The kids each got several small lights too! Smiles all around!
CPF16.jpg

Doug win the first choice- he took the Ultrafire 500- what a powehouse! Thanks Lighthound !!
CPF17.jpg

Dave, Luke, and Nathan at the Rock Field!

CPF18.jpg

Monolith

Enlightened
Fantastic outing! Great meeting everyone!

Although I was not one of the lucky few, I hope to meet Phoebe next year as well!

Big THANK YOU to Tim for all the hard work and for keeping most of the rain away. Highly recommended event (even without seeing Phoebe)!

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
Monolith said:
Fantastic outing! Great meeting everyone!

Although I was not one of the lucky few, I hope to meet Phoebe next year as well!

Big THANK YOU to Tim for all the hard work and for keeping most of the rain away. Highly recommended event (even without seeing Phoebe)!
according to ranger rick phoebe is attracted to bright lights!

PC6uru

Newly Enlightened
A few pics i snapped at the campout. I would like to thank Tim for all his work to organize such a great outing for everyone to enjoy (you rock). And everyone else for there friendliness to my Fiance and I. Hope to see everyone at the next get together.

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
AnimalHousePA said:
Where's Phoebe?

LMAO! Good one jim. :D I'm glad the trip turned out so well, I can't wait for the next one. ;) It's getting dark so I better start some reviews.

mrichelo

Newly Enlightened
I had a great time at the camp-out this weekend. Great fun with the Photonfest regulars, and I got to meet some cool new people too.

A big thanks goes out to Tim for doing a lot of hard work arranging yet another fun camp-out :twothumbs , and also a great big thanks to all of our sponsors that donated so many great products. The raffle of all the great items added to the fun and excitement this weekend, and everyone in attendance left with some really nice stuff.

here are a few pics I took:

506885946_4e5c0e7835_o.jpg

(Left to Right) Tom, Joe and Dan at breakfast Friday morning.

506885952_043efebf2b_o.jpg

Friday night camp fire.

506885968_ed82fe51e4_o.jpg

A lovely flower in the middle of camp that I probably wouldn't have seen if Joe hadn't pointed it out.

506886004_afbc9b5fb3_o.jpg

Tom making knives sharp as Dan (Lasercrazy) watches.

506886008_0b5d05a4e0_o.jpg

The campers as of 11:00 am Friday morning... wearing T-Shirts generously sent to us by Brightguy and Battery Junction
(From Left to Right) Mark, Tom, Joe, Dan, Tim, Jim, Joel and Jen.

506886048_920af8c6c1_o.jpg

Everyone in attendance received a keychain light generously provided by Lighthound.