FCW-2 / Camping Get Together (NJ, PA, NY, CT + area)

mrichelo

Newly Enlightened
more pics:

506900868_817fc26f2e_o.jpg

Little bear... a bit blurry, but it was kinda low light... and I wasn't gonna hang around waiting for mommy to show up.

506900878_9f32014cda_o.jpg

Boulder Field, pretty awesome, I love rocks, I don't know why I just do. Anyone into Suiseki?

506900884_dab54ff112_o.jpg

Lumapower MRV prototype, sent to us from Battery Junction to check out during the camp. It is really nice.

506900894_530650d7fa_o.jpg

An incredible array of products sent to us by our extremely generous sponsors. Thank you!

506900896_a8a274b142_o.jpg

Joel grilling up some pierogi as Tom, Jim, Tim and Jen relax. Pierogi! cooked over a campfire! :twothumbs

Last edited:

AnimalHousePA

Enlightened
Hey Mark, those are some REALLY nice pics you took...I'm so glad that/those bear(s) didn't come anywhere near our site (as far as we know). Next time I'm up there, I want to see that boulder field. I don't see Phoebe anywhere in your pics though...:confused:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Mark, you have some serious photography skills. Those are some of the nicest camping pix I have seen. This one of the fire is absolutely georgeous. What camera do you use?

506885952_043efebf2b_o.jpg

mrichelo

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Lux.

The camera is a Canon Powershot S50. Its about 4 years old. I bought it used from a friend of mine. He is a graphic artist and really into photography, so he did all the research... and when he bought a new camera, I bought his old one.

Here is a link to a review:

Canon S50

I have been into photography since high school, but I didn't get a digital camera until 2 years ago.

I love photography, especially available light, low light photography.

I'm glad enjoyed my pics. :)

Mark

TOB9595

Enlightened
Joe and Tim setting up the main grouping area
IMG_5736.jpg

Jim and Dan gettin ready to cheer Joe and Tim settin up...hahahahaha
IMG_5735.jpg

Tom and Tim goin over details of a Photon Freedom Fusion Headlamp (specs in the link) donated by Flashlightsunlimited.com
In sartorial splendor from MattK of BatteryJunction.com
I was blessed to win this headlamp and I tested it the night before...WONDERFUL!!!!
IMG_5764.jpg

Tim, Heidi and Joe
IMG_5767.jpg

Here's Jim, Joe and... Mark in Zenlike repose...It was a wonderful event to enjoy zen and everything..
IMG_5765.jpg

Jen in the mist...that's not mist it's smoke....
IMG_5760.jpg

Tom

TOB9595

Enlightened
The folks who attended this campout made my weekend most pleasurable. I had to cut short the time there cause of the pain increasing. BUT this was the best!

IMG_5731.jpg

Tom

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW, FCW-2 is over , I kinda feel like I gave birth! :laughing: As so many of you have stated a great deal of effort came into play to pull it off, but man was it so worth it! :party:
Thank you to everyone for all the kind words of appreciation , however, it was our sponsors that really made me look so good. Many thanks again to the following:

Battery Junction (in conjunction with SureFire, Inova & TerraLUX): www.batteryjunction.com
Battery Station: www.batterystation.com
Bright Guy: www.brightguy.com
Fenix-Store.com: www.fenixstore.com
Flashlights Unlimited: www.flashlightsunlimited.com
Light Hound: www.lighthound.com
Princeton Tec: www.princetontec.com
Streamlight: www.streamlight.com
Tek-Tite: www.tek-tite.com
TigerLight: www.tigerlight.net

Unfortunately Elektro Lumens stuff didn't get to us, hopefully he will be able to get us something for our next event.

And thanks to everyone for making FCW-2 such a great event! What a really great group of people! Special thanks to those of you who went out of your way to give me gifts to further express your appreciation. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all of you who took and posted pictures! Some really great shots! Please keep them coming!

Over the course of the weekend we had a total of 30 people attend. And despite some really dismal forecasts, the weather wasn't bad.

The giveaway-raffle went very well. All the kids "won" a gift pack which contained 4 small/inexpensive flashlights, which were provided by Lighthound. The rest of us had all Thursday night, all day Friday and Saturday morning to look over and test out all of the products. Saturday at noon we started the drawing, which included 4 rounds of giveaways! Yes that's right, we had enough items for every child to go home with 4 flashlights, and every adult was able to choose 3 items, and 80% of us were able to go home with 4 items before the goodies ran out! We also had an array of other free-bees including catalogues from Surefire, TerraLux, Inova and Streamlight. There were also pens, T-Shirts, magnets, screwdrivers, etc, etc. And everyone went home with a super bright LED keychain light from Lighthound. Luck of the first draw went to Doug, and he picked the UltraFire WF-500 from Lighthound, however the two most sought after items seemed to be the Fenix PD2 CE provided by Fenix-Store.com and the Luma Power D-Mini, provided by Battery Junction. Oh and for the last time... No the Luma Power MRV prototype is not part of the giveaway! Don't worry Matt, your awesome MRV prototype is safe and sound, and I'll get it back to you... next year. :crackup:

I was also able to demonstrate the Light with a Bite... The TigerLight! Their awesome new upgraded 375 lumen lamp assembly smart charger and premium battery (which by the way lasted all weekend on one charge), makes an awesome combination. And we were able to spray each other with the inert pepper spray all weekend! Keep an eye on the reviews section of CPF for my personal review and comparison of the original TigerLight VS the new upgraded version. And, don't worry AnimalHousePA (Jim), I wouldn't forget to let the nice folks at TigerLight know that you can hardly wait to take them up on their generous offer of 20% off on any TigerLight products for our event attendees.

I guess everyone had an awesome time, because we were all talking about the next camping trip (FCW-3) already! Well that's it from me for right now, but I look forward to seeing more picts, and reading everyone's reviews over in the reviews section here on CPF.

Thanks again to everyone for making FCW-2 such an awesome event! --Tim

Last edited:

Walt175

Enlightened
WOW! Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time! Wish I coulda been there. :mecry:

Maybe next time.........
How many days till PF8? :grin2:

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
AnimalHousePA (Jim), and Everyone...

I just got off the phone with TigerLight. They are ready to give us our special 20% off discount as their support for our event. I have the secret instructions for anyone who wants to take advantage of this offer, so just post or PM me and I'll give you the secret pass code you'll need for the discount on any of Tigerlight's products, which can be seen at www.tigerlight.net

Jim I know you are planning on getting a TigerLight, so I'll PM you the instructions now.

TOB9595 (Tom) if you wan't to get that battery and charger, now is the time!

--Tim

Monolith

Enlightened
Additional props go out to:

Lighthouse One & Crew – Thanks for breakfast Saturday morning. Very good!

Nathan – For refreshing my memory on the capitals of all 50 states (and Doug for reciting all of the presidents in less than 2 seconds…)

Tabby – For the two hour aerobic workout (and showing that kids are truly smarter than adults)

TOOCOOL – For supplying Tabby….

KartRacer31 – For handling the local law enforcement (I really did think that the ranger couldn't see me in the tree and would just think a squirrel was dropping nuts on his head)

Data – For bringing his awesome P4 spy and the S'mores cooker.

Stan671 – For letting me ride his Segway (I hope it can be fixed….I thought for sure I could jump and clear that third picnic table with the red key….)

AnimalhousePA – For single-handedly cutting down 12 acres of prime forest for the campfire

tob9595 – For proving that tents can really remain suspended in mid-air all night long….

Again KartRacer31 – For putting four entries with my name into the drawing box (I still haven't figured out why my name was only drawn once each round….)

teststrips – For demonstrating the fine art of Frisbee golfing and how to survive 18 holes in bear infested woods….and for bringing the bear repellant….

senecaripple – For divulging the inner workings of a mind that controls the development of our youth of today…

Bruner – For having enough guts to walk into a campground of strangers while campers are swordfighting….

lasercrazy – For bringing the largest marshmallow roaster (I'm telling you, it's okay, the marshmallow won't stick to stainless steel sword, but it will get tempered…)

Phoebe – For providing campfire entertainment….. :)

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
phoebe thanks nathan, if it wasnt for him, phoebe would only be a photon, I mean phathom in our campsite.
maybe phoebe will join us in our next camping expedition.
after all it was the lights that attracted her and hence got seperated from her mom jessica 75 years ago.

mrichelo

Newly Enlightened
Here is a pic of the gift pack donated by Lighthound that Tim gave to all of the children in attendance.

508453613_3a6dc6256a_o.jpg

506910298_4457a98fa6_o.jpg

Above is a photo of our fearless leader, Thanks again Tim! :twothumbs

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome pics!

Thanks for all of the kind words both publically and privately - I'm glad we could do our part and would be happy to do something similar next year. :)

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Wow what a great time :). It makes me happy to see the wife and kids having fun and they had a boatload of it. Thanks to all the people that came and made it such a good time for all.

KartRacer31 did a fantastic job on so many levels both for the campers and sponsors :twothumbs.

Data thanks for the great deal.

All the sponsors did us proud it was nice to see some of your wares up close and personal
36_1_75.gif

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
mrichelo said:
Thank you Lux.

The camera is a Canon Powershot S50. Its about 4 years old. I bought it used from a friend of mine. He is a graphic artist and really into photography, so he did all the research... and when he bought a new camera, I bought his old one.

Here is a link to a review:

Canon S50

I have been into photography since high school, but I didn't get a digital camera until 2 years ago.

I love photography, especially available light, low light photography.

I'm glad enjoyed my pics. :)

Mark

I also love photography, and started with it in high school...developing pix, had my own darkroom. Coincidently I also did tons of research for my first digital camera and got the Canon S45 several years ago which is also pretty amazing. I'm just starting to learn and use all its features. You can tell when people have spent some time learning about the elements of a good pix.

KartRacer31

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Matt (Battery Junction),

Thanks again for your support, and it's awesome to hear that you have offered to do something similar again next year :twothumbs !

PS - I'll get your MRV prototype back on it's way to you today. It was a big hit, and I know a few guys were talking about ordering one from you. :) --Tim

Stan671

Enlightened
Important note about ticks: Everyone that went camping should check themselves for dog ticks. My son, Eric, had at least two on him that we noticed just today.

I called the park and they do have dog ticks there. Dog ticks do NOT carry Lyme desease, so just remove the tick and everything will be fine.