*Fenix 2015 product catalog*: lots of new lights!

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
I skipped on the 2014 model, so I am hoping for the next upgrade, which I would assume would be 1000 lumens or better since they go up over 100 each time. I assume they would need what ever is the newer LED type.

The max output of PD35 has peaked,I don't think it is possible to upgrade it to a better one

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least until more efficient drivers designs and emitters come out(they will). But, the limiting factor is going to be the single 18650 cell. Even the best of the best 18650 paired with the most efficient driver and emitter cant hold 1000+ lumens for very long. We are going to need a new battery technology as well. If you want more lumens, you are going to have to go with a light with more then one 18650 for now at least:thumbsup:

jtice

Flashaholic
The CL25R looks really nice, I might have to have one of those, any idea on pricing yet?
Nice amount of light for a decent runtime in a small package. I dont take a lantern backpacking much due to the bulk, this looks like a great option.

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
At least until more efficient drivers designs and emitters come out(they will). But, the limiting factor is going to be the single 18650 cell. Even the best of the best 18650 paired with the most efficient driver and emitter cant hold 1000+ lumens for very long. We are going to need a new battery technology as well. If you want more lumens, you are going to have to go with a light with more then one 18650 for now at least:thumbsup:

Yes,I agree with you,this is why there is no flashlight with one 18650 battery can reach 1000 lumens

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes,I agree with you,this is why there is no flashlight with one 18650 battery can reach 1000 lumens

That is incorrect...in fact there are MANY lights that can do 1000 lumens on one cell. There are a few lights (modded) that can do about DOUBLE that, in fact, still with a single 18650. The question is not whether they can do it...the question is for how long?

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps IMR cells can maintain 1000+ lumens for much longer.

Afraid not. Some of the best IMR/INR/hybrid cells may give you a slight edge...but with lower capacity, pulling multiple amps means IMR cells won't do it for long either. Lithium-ion (of any flavor) simply doesn't have a flat discharge curve. Until a new chemistry comes along, short runtime at high drive levels is just reality. Using a driver that has to boost voltage to power the LED also means it will be less efficient.

newbie66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Afraid not. Some of the best IMR/INR/hybrid cells may give you a slight edge...but with lower capacity, pulling multiple amps means IMR cells won't do it for long either. Lithium-ion (of any flavor) simply doesn't have a flat discharge curve. Until a new chemistry comes along, short runtime at high drive levels is just reality. Using a driver that has to boost voltage to power the LED also means it will be less efficient.

Aww :(

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
The CL25R looks really nice, I might have to have one of those, any idea on pricing yet?
Nice amount of light for a decent runtime in a small package. I dont take a lantern backpacking much due to the bulk, this looks like a great option.

Thats what I want to know, but cant find any info about CL25R.

RemcoM

Enlightened
Im still waiting, for a new fenix Ultrathrower, that has a reach of over 1000 meters.

Or a new light, with over 5000 lumens. Fenix still has nothing special to offer...no monster-ultrathrower, of 1000 meters plus throw......and no other special light.

LessDark

Enlightened
Nothing special to offer? They have the best thrower with a reflector available, the TK61. Give it to vinh for a slight mod and you have the best.
They also have the first MTG2 on a single battery that I know of, the PD40.
Not to mention the great TK75 which is one of the best alround lights.

Im still waiting, for a new fenix Ultrathrower, that has a reach of over 1000 meters.

Or a new light, with over 5000 lumens. Fenix still has nothing special to offer...no monster-ultrathrower, of 1000 meters plus throw......and no other special light.

w8kbrder

Newly Enlightened
Patiently waiting on that new camping lantern. Fenix responded to me on facebook...said they did not have a release date yet but most likely sometime after March. :(

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm liking that CL25R camping lantern. Looks like it will be just the ticket. Might get a couple, depending on price.

Enlightened
Im still waiting, for a new fenix Ultrathrower, that has a reach of over 1000 meters. Or a new light, with over 5000 lumens. Fenix still has nothing special to offer...no monster-ultrathrower, of 1000 meters plus throw......and no other special light.
Not everyone is looking to mount something on their car.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Speaking of monster throwers though. The TK61 already is a monster thrower.... but has anyone de-domed a stock TK61? How does that compare to the new ultra throw de-domed Olights?

Since the TK61 seems to do as well as the de-domed M2X-UT would a de-domed TK61 beat it immensely or was the reflector on the M2X-UT specifically designed for the de-domed xm-l2? Or would it even make that much of a difference either way? I personally think unless you can keep increasing the output at the same time significantly it's kind of dumb to just keep making a light throw EVEN further... Now if we can get say 3000 lumens and get it to throw like a TK61....