*Fenix 2015 product catalog*: lots of new lights!

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
I use them mostly for camping, hiking, and working on things around the house like my car. I don't use them for anything super dangerous or anything like that, but I do like them to be reliable. :) Oh, and I also use them for showing off of course!

+1
For outdoor activities,the flashlight must be reliable

kj2

Flashaholic
From Subwoofer at Shot Show 2015

a851d870bbab559e421e1959b07c885b.jpg

da58bd3eba5f64e8e8bfbe533d129a9b.jpg

kj75

Enlightened
Love the LD75! New button print, and better tailstand with added lanyard....

Multicolour led has its own reflector..

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please tell me the LD75 will be available in neutral white? Hopefully a NW option for the CL25R as well?

Take note Fenix: Times are a changing, people want neutral white tints. Its good you offer some options but, we need more! Every light model needs a NW option(preferably HI CRI NW). I for one will probably never buy another LED light that has a cool white emitter. Hi CRI(90+) Neutral White 4500-5000K is optimum imo.

kj2

Flashaholic
Although NW led options are nice, I doubt Fenix will release bigger lights with those leds. I see them putting nw leds in smaller EDC lights sooner.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
While NW would be a nice option (but unlikely), the HiCRI just isn't possible for such hi output lights. They are only about half as bright. The CRI of NW is already significantly higher than CW, so I don't see it as a worth while trade-off. Granted, Ihave never seen hiCRI, but is the difference that large with plain NW?

If your lucky, the white from the color XM-L might be NW.

Does the Color XM-L still use the XP-E style dies with the metal bondig wires/mask or are they XP-E2 style dies already (with the polka dot pattern)?

Edit: yay, I'm enlightened :D

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
With max output from the LD75 is even the multi-color emitter lit too? It's not that high output is it (the color emitter)? Seems almost a better idea not to use power for all 5 emitters at the same time.

I too would rather have 4 neutral emitters in there (doesn't have to be super high cri). I'd even go with 4 normal xm-l t6 emitters over the xm-l2 just to have that neutral tint but oh well. The lumen march goes on.

----Also what does the output look like if you have the R-G-B-White emitters all lit at once... Do you still get white? Like a television? Is it calibrated so all have the appropriate level of output to do that?

Last edited:

Enlightened
Please tell me the LD75 will be available in neutral white? Hopefully a NW option for the CL25R as well? Take note Fenix: Times are a changing, people want neutral white tints. Its good you offer some options but, we need more! Every light model needs a NW option(preferably HI CRI NW). I for one will probably never buy another LED light that has a cool white emitter. Hi CRI(90+) Neutral White 4500-5000K is optimum imo.
People are a noisy minority.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL can you go to the fridge and grab me a can of cl25r? :laughing:

Interesting lantern. So one end opens and the 18650 sits in the center with a cylinder of leds around it it would seem? What end opens? The bottom? Cool lantern.