*Fenix 2015 product catalog*: lots of new lights!

kj75

Enlightened
This seems like an "unofficial" LD75 picture:

346rkib.jpg

spankone

Enlightened
oOOOH I misread the model number. its a bt series light not a bc30 light. :) thats cool.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LD75 seems like the TK76 and TK75 had a baby. So many buttons on that thing. As long as you can easily get to the main brightnesses/max with one button it will be a great light.

Not much totally brand new in the 2015 pdf. Don't they usually announce and release more stuff later in the year. I'm betting there will be more emitter "upgrades" (aka versions) of some of their lights much later in the year.

SeamusORiley

Enlightened
I found the 2015 catalog:

http://www.fenixlight.ch/Photos/catalogue.pdf

dqosgw.jpg

And more....

I like the PD40 and LD75...:popcorn:

I want the LD 75 and I don't know why.

I have the Nitecore TM 26 to light up the sky with. I use it for....well, I look for reasons. :)

Why would I want the LD 75? Because it has more lumens!
I saw that the Nitecore TM 26 is going from 3800 lumens to 4000 lumens. yeah, I want that, too.

It would be fun if Fenix included a charger, and a LED readout of voltage, temp, battery, mode, etc, too. Maybe throw in red and blue colors, and the ability to take it from 1 lumen up to the 4200, like the "smart ring..."

In fact, I would like to breed the Nitecore TM 26 to the Fenix LD 75 and keep the baby cub for myself.

tjh

Enlightened
Looking forward to the new LD41 2015 edition! 960 Lumens.

That's nearly double the 520 Lumens of my existing LD41.

I'm glad I held off buying the 680 Lumen version (I guess you'd call that the 2014 version)

Anyone know what LED it uses and when it'll be out?

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
Looking forward to the new LD41 2015 edition! 960 Lumens.

That's nearly double the 520 Lumens of my existing LD41.

I'm glad I held off buying the 680 Lumen version (I guess you'd call that the 2014 version)

Anyone know what LED it uses and when it'll be out?

They changed the body. I'm wondering if it still uses a battery holder, although I don't mind it that much.
But more importantly, is it still one of the few Fenixes that can tailstand (if a bit wobbly and off-center)?

tjh

Enlightened
They changed the body. I'm wondering if it still uses a battery holder, although I don't mind it that much.
But more importantly, is it still one of the few Fenixes that can tailstand (if a bit wobbly and off-center)?

It looks just like the 680 (2014) version, doesn't it? I can't see a difference.

I don't have a 680 version, but I think it still tail-stood, didn't it?

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened
It looks just like the 680 (2014) version, doesn't it? I can't see a difference.

I don't have a 680 version, but I think it still tail-stood, didn't it?

Look at the tail, it is no longer flared out. Maybe people complained it was difficult to put in their pockets bezel up? Should at least help with that. I think originally the tail flared out to about the same diameter as the head.

HIDSGT

Enlightened
why wud they make their new brightest light with buttons like that? how incredibly stupid! no one want to fumble around with an array of button trying to figure out which does what. its DARK out wen u use a light which is why u need a light. I can't look down and see which button is doing what?

why can't they just make the button like Olight does and make one big button that does it all so u don't have to guess which is which. how stupid!

kj2

Flashaholic
why wud they make their new brightest light with buttons like that? how incredibly stupid! no one want to fumble around with an array of button trying to figure out which does what. its DARK out wen u use a light which is why u need a light. I can't look down and see which button is doing what?

why can't they just make the button like Olight does and make one big button that does it all so u don't have to guess which is which. how stupid!

Ow, I think they could but in that case you've to remember how to operate the button to turn on/off or switch modes. Multiple buttons makes a UI layout easier IMO. You've a button for On/Off and a button to switch modes. How much simpler can it get?
Of course in certain situations you need light fast, but I don't think they had that in mind, when designing this light.
Want light fast? You need a rear-clickly!

HIDSGT

Enlightened
Ow, I think they could but in that case you've to remember how to operate the button to turn on/off or switch modes. Multiple buttons makes a UI layout easier IMO. You've a button for On/Off and a button to switch modes. How much simpler can it get?
Of course in certain situations you need light fast, but I don't think they had that in mind, when designing this light.
Want light fast? You need a rear-clickly!
I don't need a rear clicky to turn the light on fast. I need a button that I don't have to fumble with. there are three buttons all located within a mm or two from each other.

I had the same issue with my TK75 and my buddy I work with sold his for the same reason cause he cudnt stand having to fumble with buttons to turn it on and then cycle thru. yea, wen ur playing in the woods or going hiking its not an issue. wen u jump out of ur car to chase a suspect the last thing u want to worry about is wat button does wat....

under stress wen grabbing this light ur finger is essentially gonna be on all three buttons and you have to make sure u hit the right one. its a poor design period. there is a reason most every other light manufacture doesn't do it this way.

Olight doesn't do it that way and neither does Eagletac, Thrunite, Surfire, Nitcore or Jetbeam. see a pattern here.....

Last edited:

kj2

Flashaholic
I don't need a rear clicky to turn the light on fast. I need a button that I don't have to fumble with. there are three buttons all located within a mm or two from each other. under stress wen grabbing this light ur finger is essentially gonna be on all three buttons and you have to make sure u hit the right one. its a poor design period. there is a reason most every other light manufacture doesn't do it this way.

Olight doesn't do it that way and neither does Eagletac, Thrunite, Surfire, Nitcore or Jetbeam. see a pattern here.....

In which stressful way would you use the LD75? As personal defense? Weapon light?
I'm sure Fenix didn't had that in mind when they designed this light.
UI and button layout is a personal thing. Don't like the light? Then don't buy it!

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
I agree kj2, there are many lights that are purposly designed as weapon lights/self defence/law enforcement. A tk75 or the new ld75 is not one of them. The buttons are easy, after a few minutes of playing around you know exactly what does what and since the buttons are next to eachother it's easy to figure out what does what even in the dark.
In a stressful situation (really stressful) the whole side button design is flawed, because you first have to find the side button, wheter it be one, two or three button's. Plus it's unlikely you will have a TK75 in your pocket for easy reach and even a holster is unrealistic because of the size.

I think fenix is one of the few who do do it right with these sort of lights. All other manufacturers are selling a whole bunch of lights and calling them "tactical", because it sounds interesting. But they are not tactical lights. Not all lights are and should be made "tactical".

Tactical = rear clicky and always turn on in high. That's tactical for me.

TheBelgian

Newly Enlightened

While Fenix may sometimes have stupid interfaces, namely their "universal" button, hold to turn on/off/burst, which, I was saddened to see, they used on the LD50, LD60 and PD40, I am glad they chose the multi button UI. I like it much better when each button just does one thing. Any single button design would either be bad for tactical situations (having to remember press&hold sequences) or bad for general use ( always come on in high or strobe).

I have a Zebralight H52Fw and while I like the UI for general use, I still prefer the forward clicky of my E11, and not a reverse clicky/mode-selection like the E12.

With the LD75 the interface will probably be easier, bottom button for on/off, which should be easier to find (maybe even under duress) than the difference between the left and right buttons. Was is that hard to tell the left from the right button? (not a sarcastic insult, a genuine inquiry, looking into maybe getting a TK41 which has the same interface)

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm also a fan of the two button interface. If I needed a tactical light I'd want a single mode light with one button so there's nothing to think about.

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
I'm also a fan of the two button interface. If I needed a tactical light I'd want a single mode light with one button so there's nothing to think about.

What's your flashlights used for?I don't care how many button the flashlight have,I just use it in the daily life.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use them mostly for camping, hiking, and working on things around the house like my car. I don't use them for anything super dangerous or anything like that, but I do like them to be reliable. :) Oh, and I also use them for showing off of course!