Fenix.......AW....Nitecore. 18650

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Need a couple of protected 3400 18650's for my armytek wizards. Had an Eagletac 3400, worked fine, but the wrap let it down splitting. Considering AW.......Fenix and Nitecore, I don't know a great deal regarding the quality of these, but the nitecore are insured or something. Which would you choose and why? And how have you found the wrapping etc.

all advice appreciated.

Tulip bush

Enlightened
That's great, thank you for that. Either way would you pick one make over the others?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Need a couple of protected 3400 18650's for my armytek wizards. Had an Eagletac 3400, worked fine, but the wrap let it down splitting. Considering AW.......Fenix and Nitecore, I don't know a great deal regarding the quality of these, but the nitecore are insured or something. Which would you choose and why? And how have you found the wrapping etc.

all advice appreciated.
I had the same problem with the ET 3400: wrap came off.

Charles L.

Enlightened
I have Orbtronic, Eagletac and AW 3400's: AW 3400 is even shorter than the Eagletac. The AW is a flat top battery, so not appropriate for lights that need a button top. It's also a bit pricier than others, but I really like its small size. Whether the wrapping is any different than Eagletac or others I don't know, but I haven't managed to scratch the wrapping of my AW's as easily as some others. But that could just be me, and I'll tear a big hole in the AW wrapper tomorrow :)

Roger Ranger

Enlightened
Because I launched it out of an i4 charger onto a tile floor, one of my Orbtronic 3400 cases split open. When I contacted the Orbtronics guy, he offered to replace it and explained that the cases were necessarily thin, so that the larger 3400's would fit in single cell lights.

Charles L.

Enlightened
That certainly makes sense. Smaller lights/larger cells make for a tight fit that is more likely to damage the wrapper regardless of battery brand. Some of my smaller 18650 lights have thinner/sharper edges to the battery well. btw the guy at Orbtronics is extremely helpful -- even answered an e-mail of mine on a Sunday.