Banned
Special 'Subwoofer' Edition :twothumbs

BC30-Subwoofer.jpg

Looking forward to testing this light!

Cool,love this engraving

martinaee

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did you do that engraving? That's nice!

subwoofer

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
How did you do that engraving? That's nice!

The engraving was done by MyFenix.co.uk who, being the UK distributor for Fenix, are the ones who send me any review samples Fenix would like me to test.

MyFenix have just invested in a new Laser engraver, so offered to engrave the BC30 sample for me. Normally this service extends only so far as to specify what you want engraved, MyFenix then decide where to engrave it.

However in this case I had a word in the ear of the owner, did a couple of mock-up images, and asked for something a bit different. Initially I asked for my logo to also be engraved like so...

BC30-Etch04.jpg

Unfortunately we had some issues with EPS files compatibility and it had to be plain text as per this mock-up I prepared.

BC30-Etch01.jpg

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Can i ask about the logo please ??? i am intrigued ,cheers

J

Jagged77

Newly Enlightened
Well I recieved mine a couple of days ago and managed to put it through its paces tonight. I chose a route with a nice mix of wooded trails, Moorland and rocky accents and decents. Add to the mix a steady light rain and quite severe fog over the moors made for an interesting first ride with the light.

First impressions - excellent. Beam profile and light thrown is good enough for high speed off road decents. The neutral white light works very well in the fog and rain. For road riding low or medium is adequate and the turbo switch is a useful feature. The light got properly shaken about and soaked through - no issues, the mount didn't budge.

The below was taken on high mode, it's not apparent but there was quite a bit of rain in the air and it was pretty foggy. All things considered not bad!

e1952bca14aec6a7001ee5d9de7b1dd8.jpg

5870a866060a23e367461a4e88802d06.jpg

subwoofer

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
SW that looks awesome. Have you put it in the sphere yet?

I have indeed, but the results will be in the forthcoming review ;)

Maybe he need the editable file,such as PSD or CDR format files.:D

The engraver software specifies vector graphics files and a vector EPS (rather than bitmap eps). I supplied a few different versions, but I think once you get beyond simple text, you need to put in a lot more time to get the engraving path worked out. A combination of only just getting the engraver and lack of time to play.

M

magicstone12

Banned
I have indeed, but the results will be in the forthcoming review ;)

The engraver software specifies vector graphics files and a vector EPS (rather than bitmap eps). I supplied a few different versions, but I think once you get beyond simple text, you need to put in a lot more time to get the engraving path worked out. A combination of only just getting the engraver and lack of time to play.

:)yeah,I only know little about that

andrew2

andrew2

Newly Enlightened
Do they have the USB charging bikelight?

T

timpost35

Newly Enlightened
This was $68.00 the other day on DVOR.com, a clearance site for Optics Planet, which also does a great deal of tactical gear and knives. One of the best bargain sites I've come across...

T

Toolboxkid

Enlightened
I ordered mine last night off eBay $86 shipped! Seller had buy it now $91 and I offered $86. If anyone knows where to get them cheaper please let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

R

RemcoM

Enlightened
Ok, couldn't get some good photos but man.. Wauw! I like it :D Beam/hotspot is spread-out evenly and gives a wide view in front. Lowest mode is enough in the city where streetlights are present. When you enter a darker spot you bump it up to 200 lumens. Have cycled for about 20 minutes and changed between 100 and 200 lumens. No car-drivers flashed at me, meaning that I'm blinding them. Of course you must aim the beam towards the ground and max 5-6mtrs in front of your bike. And when it really gets dark or to signal pedestrians, 1800 it just a press/click away :D The pedestrians I passed-by really looked at me with a face of "dude.. You have light and it's bright". (So many people here who don't have light on their bike)
Small downside: the velcro-strap for the remote pressure switch is to long. So long that I can't attach it on my handle-bar. It does fit onto the handles.

Is it really so bright/intensity of the beam?

It only has the same intensity, of the Fenix BT20 and the Fenix old E21. And that is not really intense. its only a bit over 5000 cd.

Please explain. When you are oncomming traffic for me, with your BC30, at 1800 lumen...how bright/intense will that look to me?

Ok, its not a TK75, with 100000 cd, comming towards me, i know.

kj2

kj2

Flashaholic
Is it really so bright/intensity of the beam?
It only has the same intensity, of the Fenix BT20 and the Fenix old E21. And that is not really intense. its only a bit over 5000 cd.
Please explain. When you are oncomming traffic for me, with your BC30, at 1800 lumen...how bright/intense will that look to me?
Ok, its not a TK75, with 100000 cd, comming towards me, i know.
It's bright, NOT intense. If the beam was (too)intense you would blind yourself.
How bright or intense it would look like for you, I can't answer. Everybody eyes are different. One thing is for sure, you must not use the highest mode in the city!