Fenix Bikelight BC30 - Neutral White,1800lm

RemcoM

Enlightened
It's bright, NOT intense. If the beam was (too)intense you would blind yourself.
How bright or intense it would look like for you, I can't answer. Everybody eyes are different. One thing is for sure, you must not use the highest mode in the city!

I think i give it a try, and order it. But my older Fenix BT20, with 750 lumens, does its job very well. Very wide even beam, but a bit yellow color.

But what, when you use the highest setting of the BC30, in the city?

Other trafficlights, motorbike, scooterbike, and cars, are bright too.

kj2

Flashaholic
I think i give it a try, and order it. But my older Fenix BT20, with 750 lumens, does its job very well. Very wide even beam, but a bit yellow color.
But what, when you use the highest setting of the BC30, in the city?
Other trafficlights, motorbike, scooterbike, and cars, are bright too.
Well you could potential blind other people. 200 or 500 lumens mode is really enough to be seen, and seen to road ahead.
Yes, I too notice a lot of road-users here have bright lights. Bright xenon or even LED. But most of the time the light isn't the problem..
No the problem is, that the setting of the light isn't right. Beams are to high which causes the beam to move to much forward, and there are even people, how they do it I really don't know,
that put their lights up-side-down in the light-unit.
Having good lighting without blinding other road-users is a rare-thing at the moment...

But go safe. Only use the highest modes (so 1200 and 1800) outside the city limits.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
I've been commuting with the BC30 for a few weeks. My morning commute is in the dark, and my evening commute starts at dusk and ends in the dark (29 miles round trip). I find myself using either the 200 or 500 lumen mode most of the time. The remote button is really handy as a "light horn" when riding in traffic. Prior to using this light, I was using either a Serfas headlight or a Convoy S2. The beam profile of the BC30 is head and shoulders above both lights.

I agree that proper alignment of the BC30 is especially important. If I aim it too low, the reflected light is too bright right in front of the front wheel. If I aim it too high, I risk blinding oncoming motorists. It didn't take me too long to find the sweet spot.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree that proper alignment of the BC30 is especially important. If I aim it too low, the reflected light is too bright right in front of the front wheel. If I aim it too high, I risk blinding oncoming motorists. It didn't take me too long to find the sweet spot.

What did you end up finding? For me it seems to be that the BC30's body needs to be absolutely level. Like this, (neither aimed up, or down) the beam works perfectly on the one I have.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
What did you end up finding? For me it seems to be that the BC30's body needs to be absolutely level. Like this, (neither aimed up, or down) the beam works perfectly on the one I have.
My sweet spot is nearly level, but very slightly pointed down.

Skyraider59

Newly Enlightened
Great filming, I love my BC30, REAL GOOD bar light. What camera are you using to do the filming? So clear and true to real lighting given by the BC30

thewhiteknight

Newly Enlightened
This seems to be a pretty good light and I just ordered myself one. I know new lights from Fenix in the last year or 18 months but this one fit my price point perfectly.

its a year on from the initial posts and I've looked at as many of the reviews as I would find but have some general questions from people who have had it for a while now. How has it held up for you guys in the last year or so? Have you gotten a chance to test the IP6 rating? Is the mount and quick release as tight as it was when it came?

Thanks.