Fenix E01 vs Mini Mag (Incan)

nativecajun

Newly Enlightened
Next time I am in your neck of the woods I will deliver your prize in person,all my old Mini Mags,you are welcome to them,sorry I am only in to Led.;)

You just do not get it. No one asked what you were into. I fear I am speaking to a dead mule anyway so I will not waste anymore of my time.

Bye

Last edited:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are far, far better inca. torches out there than a Mini-M@g.

If I didn't own it already, I'd buy a SureFire M6. Even have a nice rechargeable set-up I can use with it.

Who wants to compare the E01 to an M6? :grin2:

Ok I get the message,I am man enough to admit I am wrong.:nana:

Roger999

Enlightened
How on earth anyone would buy any incan torch again is beyond my comprehension.:shakehead
The hundreds of fellas in the incan section would :p.

The E01 is made for flood, it's purpose is to be a keychain light so it should have some flood anyway, the minimag can focus into a tiny hot spot I'd say it has about 10-15metres of dim throw.

Funny how the OP asked about the throw/hot spot but half the responders just said the mag is pure crap :laughing:.

Xacto

Enlightened
Get both, use the E01 as a keychain light and the Minimag incan whenever you want/need a warm light in a candle typ way without using the ceiling bounce method. That is one reason why a Minimag lies next to my SF Kroma milspec, SF6P. To me, a Minimag and the Maglite 3D are true classics one should have, even if they are outdated/outclassed by other lights.

Cheers
Thorsten

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
How on earth anyone would buy any incan torch again is beyond my comprehension.:shakehead

I just bought a stock Maglite 4D last night. Put a 3D krypton bulb to overdrive it. Viola! Instant club with the ability to somewhat illuminate things :cool: Lets see your single AA powered LED wunderlight knock somebody's teeth in :D

EDIT: Also, Fenix E01 ftw. Hands down. Unless you want a kubaton with a dim, easily breakable bulb on one end....

Last edited:

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,

I've been using minimags (2AA and 2AAA) since 1991 and it puzzles me where the 12, or even 15, lumens output comes from.:thinking:
Maybe on fresh cells you'll get a few minutes (the duration of one song on the radio) at -maybe - 10 lumens.
So, for this reason, I do not consider a minimag a 10 lumen flashlight.

When run on rechargable cells, output of a 2AA minimag is more like 4 - 6 lumens for most of the discharge curve of the nimh cells.
Output of a 2AA is comparable to: (always with rechargable cells)
- ARC AAA BS or an ARC AA
- Peak Matterhorn 1led HP
- Fenix E0 (CS, original 2006 model)
- Preon 2 on lowest output

Of course, the minimag has more throw, but around the house, I like flood better.
When using a 2AA minimag lamp in a 2AAA minimag, runtime is reduced to 50%, but output is slightly better.
Back in the nineties I tested this with 200 mah Nicad cells and runtime was generally 45 minutes to shutdown with 2AA lamps versus 90 minutes with a 2AAA lamp. Since then, I've been a big consumer of 2AA lamps...

Of course, nowadays, the minimag, especially the 2AA, has more interesting options to increase output and color, thanks to terralux and niteize. But I think it is sad that colored leds are getting less available, these days. (I really like the terralux luxeon I modules in red and green at around 15 - 18 lumen for around the house)

Anyhow, enjoy your minimags and start collecting them :twothumbs
Minimags last forever and almost any part can be replaced.

Kind regards,
Joris