Fenix E05 Stainless Steel

Ryp

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I much prefer the 2014 E05's design.

MojaveMoon07

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
Fenix's website for the LD01 (link) says the diameter is 14mm.

The diameter of the E05 2014 edition is 15mm.

I wonder if the LD01 clip will fit the E05 2014.

RedForest UK

RedForest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix's website for the LD01 (link) says the diameter is 14mm.

The diameter of the E05 2014 edition is 15mm.

I wonder if the LD01 clip will fit the E05 2014.

The LD01 clip fits a 16.3mm EZAA tightly, so it should have no problem fitting a 15mm E05. It's actually a much better fit imo than for the LD01 that it was designed for, as it's so tight that it won't come off even with quite a bit of force applied.

MojaveMoon07

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
The LD01 clip fits a 16.3mm EZAA tightly, so it should have no problem fitting a 15mm E05. It's actually a much better fit imo than for the LD01 that it was designed for, as it's so tight that it won't come off even with quite a bit of force applied.

icon14.gif
Thank you. At first I was considering pairing a clip-less AAA flashlight with something like the TEC Accessories P-7 Suspension Clip. But during my recent every-day-carrying of an L0D with an attached Fenix clip, I wondered if it would be less convenient to carry and to grip a torch with a clip (like or similar to the P-7) dangling from a split-ring attached to the torch.

That is why I was hoping that the Fenix clip would fit the E05 2014.

Last edited:
gunga

gunga

Flashaholic
I just started carrying a spare preon revo with a knockoff suspension clip (p7 is coming). I like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Richwouldnt

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I just ordered the EO5SS from Amazon. I find small SS & Ti lights hard to resist.

If you want a great light with low output for night use get the Mountain Electronics modified SupFire M6. SEVEN output levels with the lowest about 1/6 Lumen and the next two up about 1 and 6 lumens per my estimate. Also the Nitecore 60mm filters fit it perfectly so a red filter can be fitted for best night vision preservation. A big and relatively heavy light so more a night stand light but IMO a very versatile toy as the high is 4000+ lumens as fully modified by Mountain Electronics. Hard to beat the range of 1/6 lumen to 4000+ lumens for the price. IMO also much better construction and a more long term reliable design than the SkyRay King and similar budget Chinese lights.

markr6

markr6

Flashaholic
I somehow been overlooking this long thread! $29.99 on Amazon prime just about got me, but then I saw mention of the weight. Too bad, I think I'll pass because of that. Every gram on the keychain really adds up.

R

rickyro

Enlightened
Low mode too bright.
Antiskid grooves not bevelled.
No antiskid grooves on the head.

powernoodle

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Antiskid grooves not bevelled. No antiskid grooves on the head.

That's the problem I have with the Preons. Those suckers are just plain slick, which is fine with the clicky, but not so fine with the twisty.

Or maybe I am just a sissy.

R

rickyro

Enlightened
That's the problem I have with the Preons. Those suckers are just plain slick, which is fine with the clicky, but not so fine with the twisty.

Or maybe I am just a sissy.

Glad someone agreed with me. Just check E05 2014 al version. Think much better with the head design.

Sent from my XT1033 using Candlepowerforums mobile app

Hondo

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'll like the aluminum one better. I knew it would be heavier, and that the low mode was not very low. But also, the finish was not very pleasing. As noted above, the body grooves need de-burring, and I had a lot of small nicks on the heads, one actually caused a small dent at the rear edge. Fortunately they have an inside chamfer to guide the O-ring in, and that prevents damage to the O-ring, as the dent is less than the depth of the chamfer. Only the nick is noticeable from the outside. At least being raw stainless, I can freely take fine sandpaper to these things - I like that part. But I like it enough to buy the aluminum version when available.

A

an_abstraction

Newly Enlightened
Why did they move the knurling back on the stainless version?

Kind of a dealbreaker for me. I find the L0D-CE is the best compromise of size and function (knurling is located near the lens). Twisting a slick surface is a no-go, for me at least. I saw the post on EDCF that showed how to place the light against the palm to twist where the knurling is. Still a cool light!

Speaking of the aluminum version, I wish they'd release it in olive drab HA like previous L1D, L2D, and L0D models. They sill use it on the E01 so I wonder why they don't offer it on any other current aluminum models (another topic for another thread I suppose).

write2dgray

write2dgray

Enlightened
I can confirm with certainty that 10440 li-ion will not work. Couldn't find a clear answer, so I just had to try it :). Flashlight simply will not come on, but fortunately it does not smoke the circuit.

Cheers,
David

easilyled

easilyled

Flashaholic
I received mine today (together with three others that I bought for my nearest and dearest).

I always thought that I was very particular and fussy about things, particularly flashlights, but reading some of the comments above maybe I'm not!

Personally I can't see what's not to like about it. I find it very easy to change levels with one hand. Low and High are both useful levels in my opinion and I find the light really compact, robust and very neat. The weight of the SS is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned whether its on my key-chain or in my pocket. The advantages of the strength of steel and the fact that scratches will hardly show on the raw metal far outweighs the fact that the Aluminium version is slightly lighter in weight.

If I had one slight criticism, it would be that the medium level appears to me to be nearer to the low than the high level and I would prefer it to be more in the middle as my eyes perceive it.

Last edited:
shelm

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can confirm with certainty that 10440 li-ion will not work. Couldn't find a clear answer, so I just had to try it :). Flashlight simply will not come on, but fortunately it does not smoke the circuit.

protected 10440 are too long. no fit. you tested unprotected cells?

pjandyho

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine today (together with three others that I bought for my nearest and dearest).

I always thought that I was very particular and fussy about things, particularly flashlights, but reading some of the comments above maybe I'm not!

Personally I can't see what's not to like about it. I find it very easy to change levels with one hand. Low and High are both useful levels in my opinion and I find the light really compact, robust and very neat. The weight of the SS is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned whether its on my key-chain or in my pocket. The advantages of the strength of steel and the fact that scratches will hardly show on the raw metal far outweighs the fact that the Aluminium version is slightly lighter in weight.

If I had one slight criticism, it would be that the medium level appears to me to be nearer to the low than the high level and I would prefer it to be more in the middle as my eyes perceive it.
I agree. It is a pretty nice light. Kind of like the look and the feel of it. I bought it because it is stainless steel and having carried an SS ReVO for a few years on my keychain it hardly shows any user marks. I however would prefer a lower low output to set the spacing further from medium. A lower low would be useful for when I just woke up from sleep with dark adapted vision, or in situation where I don't want too much light.

I agree with the others about moving the knurling back on the head. I have long fingers and this makes it very hard to get a purchase on the light, especially with wet hands.

easilyled

easilyled

Flashaholic
I agree. It is a pretty nice light. Kind of like the look and the feel of it. I bought it because it is stainless steel and having carried an SS ReVO for a few years on my keychain it hardly shows any user marks. I however would prefer a lower low output to set the spacing further from medium. A lower low would be useful for when I just woke up from sleep with dark adapted vision, or in situation where I don't want too much light.

I agree with the others about moving the knurling back on the head. I have long fingers and this makes it very hard to get a purchase on the light, especially with wet hands.

Yes, I agree with both of your suggestions. :)

I'm still very happy with it though. High quality SS AAA lights are almost non-existent and this one certainly falls into that category.:thumbsup: