Fenix E12 V2

pc_light

Enlightened
Quality feel and reliable thus far (~3 yrs in pocket rotation).
Good balance of throw and spill for close to medium ranges in a crazy small size.
Good run-time on ordinary batteries.
Tailswitch is protected enough to thus far never come on in pocket.

I swapped in a Nichia 219BSW45K but to be fair the original was nice clean white.

Recommended.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I had V1 for a while. Nice light and I like the spacing but to be honest, I liked the E01 V2 enough to avoid the upgraded E12. If it was half the price though, I'd probably buy two.

Last edited:

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
The e12 v2 is a pretty slick little light. I can't think of a reason not to recommend it. Fenix is a good choice, and I've had good experience from all of their products I've owned.

There's only one negative with the e12 v2 and that is the pocket clip has a very small opening where it bends, which makes it tougher to clip on to a normal jeans or work pants pocket.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like them quite a lot. Ive gifted two away so far to family members, and an E20 v2 to a third. They are small, take common batteries, the interface is simple and easily understood by anyone, the beam is good, they are bright enough, the tint isnt bad at all & the price is right.

fuyume

Enlightened
One of the best little 1xAA EDC lights. I've actually replaced mine for EDC with a NiteCore EC11, because I decided I wanted that red secondary LED, so the E12 v2.0 is now my go-to light for my camping kit, paired with a Fenix HM23 1xAA headlamp.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Single AA platforms seem to have fallen out of favor, sadly. The E12 is a solid performer, but I got spoiled by the E11's bezel twist; the lack of a memory mode is irritating for frequent use.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't have one personally. Have a E01 v.2 which is just about a AAA version. No complaints on that light. I don't expect you'll have any issues with the E12 v.2. Other than some first generation E01s failing at the solder joint from eventually getting worn out, none of my other Fenix lights have ever failed. I have Fenix lights from 2007 still working.