to a flashlight. As a casual use EDC pocket light I am only
using the Fenix L0P for a half minute here, few minutes there
and a minute or so wherever. If I need a brighter or longer
running light my U2 is generally only a short distance away in
my truck. The majority of time I don't think I would exceed
the runtime in a few weeks to a month. Based on my type of
casual use of a light of this size I prefer the brighter and whiter
light from the L0P's Luxeon LED to the dimmer bluish light from
the Arc P AAA. I also like the ability to stand it on its end.
From what I've read about the Arc P AAA, I'm sure it is one
of the great small lights and it has a god runtime, however the
Fenix L0P meets my needs very very well. ................... :thumbsup:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost bought a Fenix, and then read up on the runtimes and that changed my mind. A pocket light with that little of runtime just is not what I need or want. Powernoodle said it very well for my situation. I will give up brightness for runtime in a pocket light any day, especially since it is the one light that I might be counting on to save my tired old hide because it is one light that is constantly with me. That is why I chose the new Inova X1 in my pocket, and a photon on my keychain.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pwdrkeg: thanks.
pc_light: cool, thanks! That really helps with the beamshots to get a better idea of the difference. I think I might hold off on the L0P for a while more since it's not *that* big of a difference over my arc. I'd like something with a lot more difference, perhaps I should mod a AAA light to run a luxeon and a 3.7v Li-Ion for a real pocket rocket!

DrizzitT

Newly Enlightened
The Niacha in the Arc was recently changed to a much "whiter" led though it still isn't even close to as white as Luxeons/snow leds. And frankly, though the camera pics show a difference between the two lights, there isn't THAT much of a real life difference (I have both). White wall hunting, L0P blows the Arc away. Real life wise, I would have to say, I'd take the Arc over the L0P any day.

The blue beam of the arc isn't blue anymore. Its more of a slightly blue tint in the center with a sorta yellowish flood. When the L0P came out, I truthfully thought that the Arc would be obsolete. Sorry to say though, my Arc is still on my keychain, and the L0P sitting in a drawer. If you already have an EDC that has a long runtime, THEN, the L0P would probably do ok for you. But as the ONLY light you carry around, the tint/brightness is too much to sacrifice for the super long runtime of an Arc. pc-light's pictures put it all in perspective. Less than an hour of runtime before the L0P loses to an Arc.

I would check out MillerMod's 2/3-stage L0P however. He's also coming out with a 2-stage Arc...

iidavidii

Newly Enlightened
I noticed I can get less output (hopefully longer runtime) by not tightening it all the way. Done just right it does not flicker and can get several levels of output. Is this bad for the light or electronics?

carrot

Flashaholic
Problem is I can't decide if I want the L0P or Arc-AAAP more. I already EDC the Surefire A2, Fenix L1P and Photon Freedom Micro, so either way I go it's overkill (I am *not* allowing my A2 to leave my side, not even for a minute), but I don't know which I want, brightness or runtime. Buying both is not really an option right now, although I'll inevitably wind up with the other.

cy

Flashaholic
Freedom1955 said:
I'll buy the Arc-P when they get rid of that ugly blue beam.
I've got a few original ARC AAA available with nice white beams. Please PM if intereted

Flakey

Enlightened
carrot, you already have an arc/lop built into your A2, instead of carrying another light, carry 2 123's! thats what I do. As far as a "back up" light, do you really think that your a2 is going to need backup? spare batteries > minilight anyday. that is unless you think your a2 is going to break on you? YIKES!

carrot

Flashaholic
Flakey said:
carrot, you already have an arc/lop built into your A2, instead of carrying another light, carry 2 123's! thats what I do. As far as a "back up" light, do you really think that your a2 is going to need backup? spare batteries > minilight anyday. that is unless you think your a2 is going to break on you? YIKES!
Err, more lights means more fun? I absolutely trust my A2 but as we all know, Murphy likes to intervene and ruin the best of plans.

onthebeam

Enlightened
I'm having a little problem with mine. Before I contact the dealer, can anyone shed any "light" on this?

When I twist to turn on, it catches a little bit at the end. If I twist normally, and it does get stiff toward the end of the twisting, it gets to almost full brightness. You'd think it was fully bright. That is, until you push a bit harder, which is definitely as tight as the threads will go. Then, the brightness pops up a bit more.

I thought this was odd behavior and wonder if anyone else has encountered it??

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer to double up this way, L1P for when I need bright, some sorta 5mm LED for when I need long runtime, sharing the AA battery size

thk

Newly Enlightened
I generally use the L0P w/rechargables as my EDC light since I just toss it into the watch pocket of my jeans. Barely notice it's there but it's there when I need it. I also have an Arc AAA-P on my keychain as a just in case light. Haven't had a need yet to go to it but I know it's there when I need it (I just throw alkalines in that and forget about it).

Only time I grab the L1P or U2 is when I know I'll need a longer lasting, bright light.

tracker870

Enlightened
onthebeam said:
I'm having a little problem with mine. Before I contact the dealer, can anyone shed any "light" on this?

When I twist to turn on, it catches a little bit at the end. If I twist normally, and it does get stiff toward the end of the twisting, it gets to almost full brightness. You'd think it was fully bright. That is, until you push a bit harder, which is definitely as tight as the threads will go. Then, the brightness pops up a bit more.

I have not seen this behavior. Could it have something to do with the o-ring binding, not lubed?

rodmeister

Enlightened
I love my Fenix L0P, clipped to my pants pocket or inside a jacket pocket. I don't worry about the runtime since I always have the Photon Freedom as a backup on my key chain.

iidavidii

Newly Enlightened
onthebeam said:
I'm having a little problem with mine. Before I contact the dealer, can anyone shed any "light" on this.
Mine is kinda like that and thats how I discovered that I could get different output levels with different pressure/tightness. Still don't know if this is bad for the light. Anyway, I discovered something else. I had 2 L0P's one was hard to twist and one was pretty easy. I could not understand why, finally I noticed that it was the spring. On one the spring was making the battery stick out more and hence required more pressure/tension.