Fenix L1T (vs. L1 v2.5, L2T, Civictor, P1)

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a L1T. Comparing to my L1P, the L1T is equal, maybe slightly less bright by eyeball measurement. The tint is greenish next to the L1P which is quite white. The twist action for low/high is nice and smooth, but as some have commented on earlier, the difference between low and high should be spaced farther apart.

The only surprise to me is: shouldn't the 3W L1T be brighter than 1W L1P??

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
liteboy said:
..shouldn't the 3W L1T be brighter than 1W L1P??..
Yes if it's getting 3W of power and the 1W is getting 1W of power.

If you drive the 1 watter at 3W, then it would probably die sooner (or maybe right away), which is why it's called a 1W rather than a 3W LED.

If you drive the 3 watter at 1W, then it will put out less than it did at 3W, and perhaps less than a 1 watter at the same 1W (depending on which one is more efficient at that power level).

Off a single AA battery, the 3W L1T is running at much less than 3W and so might not be as bright as the 1W L1P also trying to squeeze near max power out of a single AA.

moses

Enlightened
Quick question:

Do the L1T, L1P and CiVictor have the same reflector? The walls on the head of the L1P seem noticeably thicker than the L1T or the CiVictor which leads me to wonder if it has a smaller reflector.

Thanks!
Mo

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
moses said:
...Do the L1T, L1P and CiVictor have the same reflector?...
As far as I can tell, the Civictor and L1P have the same reflector. The heads of the 2 are interchangeable (at least thread sizes are identical) so I think the wall thichnesses are pretty close. Civictor head looks different because of (cool) knurling...